• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Collins placed on IR

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
La'El Collins - T - Cowboys
Cowboys placed LG La'El Collins on injured reserve with a sprained foot.

Per beat writer Clarence Hill, Collins is expected to miss 8-10 weeks. Collins went down midway through Sunday night's Week 3 win over the Bears. Former starter Ronald Leary will move back into the lineup and might be a short-term upgrade. Collins is PFF's No. 73 guard out of 75 qualifiers.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this is why I did not want to trade Leary. Depth is key, especially when the guy backs up two spots.

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, why was Collins rated so low I wonder? Never like to lose someone to injury, but looks like he wasn't playing well. We are lucky the FO didn't see Leary as expendable. It's good to have depth.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, why was Collins rated so low I wonder? Never like to lose someone to injury, but looks like he wasn't playing well. We are lucky the FO didn't see Leary as expendable. It's good to have depth.
I think those rankings are total bull shit, but no matter how subjective or incompetent the rafters are 73 out of 75 is telling. I thought he was playing well last night. Maybe it's a typo?

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think those rankings are total bull shit, but no matter how subjective or incompetent the rafters are 73 out of 75 is telling. I thought he was playing well last night. Maybe it's a typo?
They are on crack if they rank him 73 of 75. Big blow there...

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know....I wasn't in those discussions
Neither was I, but there were some stories if he were traded it would have to improve the team. Either Jerry or Steven said they weren't going to give him awa.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Redirect problems- anyone else. Keep getting sent to App store

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still no MRI results for Dez...getting a bad feeling

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still no MRI results for Dez...getting a bad feeling
Jerry Jones: No MRI for Cowboys' Dez Bryant yet, 'assuming he's a go' vs. 49ers
Bryant, the Cowboys' biggest downfield weapon, is expected to play this Sunday
Ryan Wilson
mugshot by Ryan Wilson
@ryanwilson_07
1h ago • 1 min read

Dez Bryant tweaked his knee during the first series of Sunday night's game against the Bears. The Cowboys' wideout returned after missing a few plays and ended the evening with three receptions for 40 yards and a touchdown.
After the game, owner and general manager Jerry Jones suggested that Bryant would have an MRI on Monday. On Tuesday, during an interview with CBS Radio's 105.3, Jones said the MRI never happened -- though it could still take place -- and added, "I'm assuming he's a go" for Sunday's matchup against the 49ers.
The Cowboys have other injury concerns too, and Jones addressed some of those. Second-year left guard La'el Collins is out 6-10 weeks with a torn ligament in his foot.
"Right now, he's less likely to have surgery, it's a pain thing ... we'll see how he tolerates it," Jones said of Collins' prognosis. "He has a high tolerance for pain. He'll probably not have surgery and see if he can work through this."

Then there's Collins' line mate, left tackle Tyron Smith, who missed the Bears game with a back issue.
"I hope Tyron is ready to go, we'll just have to see, we thought he would play Sunday and that was a little surprise for us," said Jones. "It was more back spasm than structure," adding, "I'm going on the basis he'll play."
Defensive back Orlando Scandrick, who also missed the Bears game with a hamstring injury, appears less likely to face the 49ers. "We'll have to be real careful, you've gotta' nurse those along," Jones explained.
In case you'r wondering, four of six CBSSports.com experts have the Cowboys winning on the road this week.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry Jones: No MRI for Cowboys' Dez Bryant yet, 'assuming he's a go' vs. 49ers
Bryant, the Cowboys' biggest downfield weapon, is expected to play this Sunday
Ryan Wilson
mugshot by Ryan Wilson
@ryanwilson_07
1h ago • 1 min read

Dez Bryant tweaked his knee during the first series of Sunday night's game against the Bears. The Cowboys' wideout returned after missing a few plays and ended the evening with three receptions for 40 yards and a touchdown.
After the game, owner and general manager Jerry Jones suggested that Bryant would have an MRI on Monday. On Tuesday, during an interview with CBS Radio's 105.3, Jones said the MRI never happened -- though it could still take place -- and added, "I'm assuming he's a go" for Sunday's matchup against the 49ers.
The Cowboys have other injury concerns too, and Jones addressed some of those. Second-year left guard La'el Collins is out 6-10 weeks with a torn ligament in his foot.
"Right now, he's less likely to have surgery, it's a pain thing ... we'll see how he tolerates it," Jones said of Collins' prognosis. "He has a high tolerance for pain. He'll probably not have surgery and see if he can work through this."

Then there's Collins' line mate, left tackle Tyron Smith, who missed the Bears game with a back issue.
"I hope Tyron is ready to go, we'll just have to see, we thought he would play Sunday and that was a little surprise for us," said Jones. "It was more back spasm than structure," adding, "I'm going on the basis he'll play."
Defensive back Orlando Scandrick, who also missed the Bears game with a hamstring injury, appears less likely to face the 49ers. "We'll have to be real careful, you've gotta' nurse those along," Jones explained.
In case you'r wondering, four of six CBSSports.com experts have the Cowboys winning on the road this week.
I thought Dez was going for a MRI Monday, but it never happened, not sure why. Collins is going for a 2nd opinion, he's wants to avoid surgery.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm starting to worry about Lawrence and his back problem

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep getting redirecred to uber ad and store.

Yes me too. I finally just installed the update that I was suppose to do 3 months ago. That really didn't help. I then switched from Google to Yahoo. For now it is working