• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Collingsworth should be fired

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Friggin homer. LOL :)

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've found Collinsworth cringy at times but usually like his commentating. Last night though he was biased in favor of the Patriots though.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely one of the worst commentated Super Bowls I can remember. It doesn't get much clearer than that of who the announcers were cheering for in this one.

I will say though I appreciated the officiating in this one. Made very competent decisions and let the players play for the most part instead of making them the spotlight of the game. The ruling on the catches was perfect in my opinion. Both looked like catches and touchdowns. Other crews though I'm pretty sure would have overturned those.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely one of the worst commentated Super Bowls I can remember. It doesn't get much clearer than that of who the announcers were cheering for in this one.

I will say though I appreciated the officiating in this one. Made very competent decisions and let the players play for the most part instead of making them the spotlight of the game. The ruling on the catches was perfect in my opinion. Both looked like catches and touchdowns. Other crews though I'm pretty sure would have overturned those.
It was good that they let those plays go. Need to get back to the basics of what is a catch. No way they gift the Pats with more close calls. As a fan, I accept it and embrace it.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was good that they let those plays go. Need to get back to the basics of what is a catch. No way they gift the Pats with more close calls. As a fan, I accept it and embrace it.

The first one was close. I appreciated that they stuck with the original call as I just didn't think there was anything that easily showed he didn't catch it like Collinsworth suggested. The 2nd one is the one I'm really happy they decided for sure was a catch and touchdown. I couldn't even believe there was debate about it but I guess with some others that were ruled not a catch that one has to be questioned as well. To me they need to change the rule that if a player is making a football move and leaping forward and when he hits the ground the ball comes loose that it is still a catch. They have secured the football and have made a conscious decision to try and leap for more yards/TD.

Also appreciate you as a Pats fan embracing those decisions. I'm sure there are some in Boston none too happy about those decisions. Again loved that the officials for the most part kept themselves out of the game.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also appreciate you as a Pats fan embracing those decisions. I'm sure there are some in Boston none too happy about those decisions. Again loved that the officials for the most part kept themselves out of the game.

Absolutely mon ami. Hard pill to swallow, but the refs were right to stay out of it and let them play ball.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely mon ami. Hard pill to swallow, but the refs were right to stay out of it and let them play ball.

I'd probably watch more games during the season if they weren't a festival of flags.

CruiseControl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"i don't even know what a catch is anymore!" -collinsworth.

Hey Chris, lets start with what a catch isn't...

b1e50ff864098b625cfe6402b9af69b7--cris-collinsworth-super-bowl-xvi.jpg

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Him and Michaels were both unbearable at times in that game. Especially on the Ertz TD. That one was obviously the right call no matter how you looked at it. I would say the Clements one was a 50/50 call and I'm glad the booth stuck with the guys on the field but Collinsworth just wouldn't shut up about it. Maybe he should retire with Kirk Triplett and go play mini golf at the old folks home in Florida.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm all for letting Kevin Harlen call every Super Bowl. That guy brings it and always seems unbiased.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this been a hot topic all day today, but to be honest, I could care less what the dumb ass sounded like or the stank he tried to put on my Eagles. They still got the trophy and to me that's all that's matters...

I'm sure its the high I'm on for saying that....

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we just agree on one spelling for this tool's last name?

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not only that, if the ball crosses the goal line plane, it is a TD, DUH
Only if he's a runner, so that part is crucial. If he caught the ball going to the ground and the ball popped loose once he hit the ground, it's an incomplete pass even if he had control of the ball as he crossed the goal line. It's why the Jesse James TD was overturned.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only if he's a runner, so that part is crucial. If he caught the ball going to the ground and the ball popped loose once he hit the ground, it's an incomplete pass even if he had control of the ball as he crossed the goal line. It's why the Jesse James TD was overturned.

dumber than dumb rule.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, JJ had possession as it crossed the goal line and that should be addressed moving forward....No one touched him, his knees being down aren't in play and the play should end after the ball crossed the plane....Anything after that should mean nothing....They wrote the rule very poorly.....

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, JJ had possession as it crossed the goal line and that should be addressed moving forward....No one touched him, his knees being down aren't in play and the play should end after the ball crossed the plane....Anything after that should mean nothing....They wrote the rule very poorly.....
Jesse James absolutely had possession of the football as he crossed the goal line. No one touched him is absolutely correct.

I'm not sure why you said "actually" before saying this because I never claimed anything to the contrary. Arguing for or against that rule was not my intention when I responded. Just saying that the idea that "if the ball crosses the goal line, it's a TD", as @dann bunn said, is not 100% correct. Ertz had to become a runner first (which he did) before the goal line was even relevant.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dumber than dumb rule.
Well I'm guessing we see some changes in it this offseason. I'll be interested in seeing what they do. If you catch the ball, and get two feet down (or a knee) does that automatically make it a catch? There will be a lot more fumbles next year if that's the case.