• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Colley Matrix Rankings Week 6

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I live in reality, douchebag. In reality, you aren't allowed to jump on a dead ball for 15 seconds while the clock runs out. In reality, we were robbed of a win. In reality, the Pac 12 issued an apology about the end of the game. In reality, I can distinguish between a game that was lost on the field and a game that was lost because of a once-in-a-decade level officiating mistake.

In reality, you are an idiot who wants to take the human out of a human opinion. And in reality, I feel sorry for you because you will never understand what it means to believe in right and wrong.

I just want to interject a couple things here Smart.

1. Insulting someone because of their opinion is not very smart.
2. Right after the ASU game I saw you and other Badger fans claim he laid on the ball for 8 seconds. Now you are claiming it is 15 seconds. Which one is it?
3. 4down20 is absolutely correct. Many games during a season have blown calls like this one. YOu cannot correct this one. Only try to train the officials so that it does not happen again. BUT it will happen again because you are dealing with humans and their reaction times and though process.
4. This thread is about a COMPUTER POLL and not a human poll so what exactly are you arguing?

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4. This thread is about a COMPUTER POLL and not a human poll so what exactly are you arguing?

My point is that people in this thread are interjecting their human opinion based on a computer poll, as if a box score defines reality. It doesn't. And the day we succumb to a computer (especially one that doesn't consider MOV) is the day that a college football ranking system loses any legitimacy.

Bad officiating will happen. When it is blatantly wrong as ours was and draws an official response from the Pac 12, that's something that we as humans should be factoring our opinions, not saying "you got fucked, it is what it is, so i'm going to ignore circumstances."

Last edited by a moderator:

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point is that people in this thread are interjecting their human opinion based on a computer poll, as if a box score defines reality. It doesn't. And the day we succumb to a computer (especially one that doesn't consider MOV) is the day that a college football ranking system loses any legitimacy.

Bad officiating will happen. When it is blatantly wrong as ours was and draws an official response from the Pac 12, that's something that we as humans should be factoring our opinions, not saying "you got fucked, it is what it is, so i'm going to ignore circumstances."

All I've ever stated is that they are 3-2 against a very weak schedule. Are they the 62nd best team in the country? IMO of course not, are they better than Tulane, Rice, Duke, Boston College, some of the teams ranked ahead of them in this computer poll, of course they are. Even at 4-1 they still wouldn't be in the top 30 of this ranking though. And if you count that as a loss for ASU they slide out of the top 70. Either way you "lost" to a mediocre team, had you "beat" them it really wouldn't have registered as a huge win.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want to interject a couple things here Smart.

1. Insulting someone because of their opinion is not very smart.
2. Right after the ASU game I saw you and other Badger fans claim he laid on the ball for 8 seconds. Now you are claiming it is 15 seconds. Which one is it?
3. 4down20 is absolutely correct. Many games during a season have blown calls like this one. YOu cannot correct this one. Only try to train the officials so that it does not happen again. BUT it will happen again because you are dealing with humans and their reaction times and though process.

And as has been pointed out. No points were taken off the board. There is no sure thing they make a FG.

It's not like Ariz St was trailing and somehow given an extra chance to score, take the lead, and win.

That the final was 32-30, at best you could consider that the teams are pretty even .

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You say you were "robbed of a win". Wisconsin had 30 points, Ariz St. had 32. What points were taken away?

Uman5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

:bawling:

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TO the bold many feel that this happened in 1998 with the addition of the BCS because they were using computers.

To the 2nd paragraph. What do you think(take away the fact that you are a Wisconsin fan) others should be thinking about Wisconsin and that loss to ASU? I will tell you what I think. UW and ASU are pretty even considering whether UW won by 1 point OR ASU won by 2 points. That is all that can be thought about it coming from a human. The bad call is just that a bad call and we all know it will happen again.

I think you are arguing something for no purpose because UW had no chance at the NCG this year anyways after losing to OSU and guess what is happening next year? The playoff which will be decided SOLELY by 13 people. No computers or what not.

All I can say is do not worry about 1 single solitary computer. Look at all of them collectively. I think you are getting all upset over nothing important at this point in the season. There are still 7-8 more weeks of the season. Just let everything play out.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I live in reality, douchebag. In reality, you aren't allowed to jump on a dead ball for 15 seconds while the clock runs out. In reality, we were robbed of a win. In reality, the Pac 12 issued an apology about the end of the game. In reality, I can distinguish between a game that was lost on the field and a game that was lost because of a once-in-a-decade level officiating mistake.

In reality, you are an idiot who wants to take the human out of a human opinion. And in reality, I feel sorry for you because you will never understand what it means to believe in right and wrong.

I have to agree, since I don't have a horse in this race, and unbiased. Wisconsin was robbed. and their fans have a right to be livid.........in situations like this, outcomes should be changed by the NCAA...... no not every call, but some bad calls are bigger than others. This probably cost Wisconsin serious $$$$ by putting them in a lesser bowl at the end of the season. Big difference come bowl season ending 11-1 vs. 10-2.

Remember the Toledo/Syracuse game? Toledo kicked a GOOD FG and moronic refs called it no good. Toledo won that game. period.......Syracuse was given the win :bullshit:

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to agree, since I don't have a horse in this race, and unbiased. Wisconsin was robbed. and their fans have a right to be livid.........in situations like this, outcomes should be changed by the NCAA...... no not every call, but some bad calls are bigger than others. This probably cost Wisconsin serious $$$$ by putting them in a lesser bowl at the end of the season. Big difference come bowl season ending 11-1 vs. 10-2.

Remember the Toledo/Syracuse game? Toledo kicked a GOOD FG and moronic refs called it no good. Toledo won that game. period.......Syracuse was given the win :bullshit:

10-2 in the B-one-G is 8-4 anywhere else, so Wiconsin will get a better bowl than they actually deserve anyway.