• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

College football's most favorable 2020 schedules for contenders

Matte Black

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
83232505_10221801681849923_8268042109018177536_n.jpg

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't recall bringing up any of the 3 previous games. Why bring up irrelevant games with players that aren't on either team anymore?
I mean all 4 are current irrelevant to right now but it has good ring to it

Also Dabo and 90% of the coaching is 3-0 vs OSU, maybe there’s a theme to this after all :noidea:

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, with FSU still being down, that is quite the garbage OOC for UF.
As I said earlier, UF has no excuse for not making the SECCG. You trust a random guy on 247 over your old pal gatorchip?

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AG are you just going to lump the annual P5 testicle check in with this thread?

@AlaskaGuy

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
College football's most favorable 2020 schedules for contenders

Texas and Oklahoma both in the top 4. Yikes.

Also, with FSU still being down, that is quite the garbage OOC for UF.

That is just wrong. Texas had a disaster of a season this year. I say that because the Big 12 was down and Herman had the conference title game easily in his sights. It was wasted opportunity. Big 12 will be significantly better. Anyone that doesnt have Ok State in the top 25 preseason didnt watch football in 2019. They may have the best WR and RB in the nation (arguably). They just got an All-Big 12 grad transfer. Spencer will be healthy again and presumably better as a Soph. ISU is bringing back everyone and always well coached.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good thing LSU gave zero fucks about schedule strength last year.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is just wrong. Texas had a disaster of a season this year. I say that because the Big 12 was down and Herman had the conference title game easily in his sights. It was wasted opportunity. Big 12 will be significantly better. Anyone that doesnt have Ok State in the top 25 preseason didnt watch football in 2019. They may have the best WR and RB in the nation (arguably). They just got an All-Big 12 grad transfer. Spencer will be healthy again and presumably better as a Soph. ISU is bringing back everyone and always well coached.
I watched a ton of football in 2019 and there's not a lot about Oklahoma State that screams "surefire top 25 team". They have a decent RB/WR duo, but there's no way I'd say it's the best in the nation. Their defense is also still bad.

ISU is a decent team but 7-6 isn't scaring anyone. Getting their asses handed to them in their bowl game wasn't exactly inspiring.

The Big 12 should be better next year overall, but I think Oklahoma could take a step back, so that might keep the conference out of the CFP.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched a ton of football in 2019 and there's not a lot about Oklahoma State that screams "surefire top 25 team". They have a decent RB/WR duo, but there's no way I'd say it's the best in the nation. Their defense is also still bad.

ISU is a decent team but 7-6 isn't scaring anyone. Getting their asses handed to them in their bowl game wasn't exactly inspiring.

The Big 12 should be better next year overall, but I think Oklahoma could take a step back, so that might keep the conference out of the CFP.

Wallace was one of the best WR in the country this year before injury. Chuba is easily in discussion as the best returning RBs in the country. Saying that duo is decent is just silly. Defense returns everyone, while not work beaters they should be at least reasonable. Pair a reasonable defense with the offense and OSU is a top 25 team. ISU will be bring back almost everyone and Purdue is back. They will be solid this year, likely 18-25 type team. I also expect OU to be better, I see no reason for them to step backwards

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wallace was one of the best WR in the country this year before injury. Chuba is easily in discussion as the best returning RBs in the country. Saying that duo is decent is just silly. Defense returns everyone, while not work beaters they should be at least reasonable. Pair a reasonable defense with the offense and OSU is a top 25 team. ISU will be bring back almost everyone and Purdue is back. They will be solid this year, likely 18-25 type team. I also expect OU to be better, I see no reason for them to step backwards
I'm not sold on Spencer Sanders at all. Chuba is undoubtedly in the discussion of best returning RBs, no question. He's a talented back. Tylan Wallace is a really good WR, but he's not elite IMO. He's not on the level of the guys at Bama or LSU, and it's not like he's dominating over elite defenses in the Big 12. There are several WRs I'd take over him.

ISU was supposed to be a top 25 team last year but they fell flat on their faces. They might improve, but again, hardly a slam dunk top 25 team.

I don't see OU getting better. Losing Hurts and Lamb is not an easy transition, regardless of Rattler's 5* status. They've also got some major holes on defense in general that need to be improved for them to get back to the CFP. Texas has the talent but lacks the consistent coaching to get there, as well, which is why I think the conference is shut out this season.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good insight. You know your program is reaching the upper tier when your opponents recognize that you don't rebuild, you reload.
I have no doubt in my mind that if we meet up with Wisconsin in the CCG again this year, it's going to be a slugfest.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least we don't have to play you twice next year, unless we both make the CFP
Now that would be fucking awesome. It's not out of the question, especially if ND were to beat Clemson and you guys were 12-0 going into the CCG.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sold on Spencer Sanders at all. Chuba is undoubtedly in the discussion of best returning RBs, no question. He's a talented back. Tylan Wallace is a really good WR, but he's not elite IMO. He's not on the level of the guys at Bama or LSU, and it's not like he's dominating over elite defenses in the Big 12. There are several WRs I'd take over him.

ISU was supposed to be a top 25 team last year but they fell flat on their faces. They might improve, but again, hardly a slam dunk top 25 team.

I don't see OU getting better. Losing Hurts and Lamb is not an easy transition, regardless of Rattler's 5* status. They've also got some major holes on defense in general that need to be improved for them to get back to the CFP. Texas has the talent but lacks the consistent coaching to get there, as well, which is why I think the conference is shut out this season.

only reason it was so easy to say CeeDee Lamb was the best player in the BIg 12 was because Wallace got hurt. Wallace is amazing. Wallace had over 900 yards in 8 games. He was the best WRin the Big 12 in 2018. That was with a true Freshmen running a scaled down version on OSU’s offense.

OU returns almost everyone and will return to being more of a passing team. They are loaded at WR. There is certainly risk w/ a new QB, but he will open up the passing game. There are whispers out of Norman that Riley thinks this is his best team.

I only expect Baylor to take a step backward. It’s January, so there is still a lot of time left for this to change. If people aren’t hit with injuries l, I expect a much better Big 12 this year

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas A&Ms OOC is pretty laughable too.....

In fact after Bama and Auburn the whole thing is pretty laughable (I guess you could claim LSU in this group, but with all they lost its hard to not say they are in for a decline)

If Jimbo cant get 9 wins next year that just pretty much confirms what we already know, hes not a good coach.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that would be fucking awesome. It's not out of the question, especially if ND were to beat Clemson and you guys were 12-0 going into the CCG.
You would need a 13-0 Wisconsin with that OOC slate and a 12-1 Ohio State for a prayer of both OSU and Wisconsin making the playoffs.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would need a 13-0 Wisconsin with that OOC slate and a 12-1 Ohio State for a prayer of both OSU and Wisconsin making the playoffs.
They have ND OOC. They're likely a top 15 team. That's why I added the caveat of "If ND beats Clemson". An 11-1 or 10-2 ND would be a very good quality OOC win.