• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

college football

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Why isn't Montee Ball being taken more seriously for Heisman and as an NFL prospect??

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Why isn't Montee Ball being taken more seriously for Heisman and as an NFL prospect??

Big 10 offensive players play in such archaic and simple offenses in college that they are too far behind their counterparts in conferences like the SEC and PAC 12 when they get to the Pros. That is why they rarely succeed at that level and are thus seen as lesser prospects.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Big 10 offensive players play in such archaic and simple offenses in college that they are too far behind their counterparts in conferences like the SEC and PAC 12 when they get to the Pros. That is why they rarely succeed at that level and are thus seen as lesser prospects.

This is true. How many Big 10 QBs can you name that are starting in the NFL right now and have had any sort of success?

Huh? Tom Brady and Drew Brees immediately come to mind?

Touche.

B1G has 13 players among NFL's Top 100 - Big Ten Blog - ESPN

Oh. The only conference with more players ranked in ESPN's top 100 NFL players going into the 2011 season was the Big East.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, you're right. If Georgia were to win today no one would remember that LSU, Bama and Stanford were left out of your tournament, but they'd all remember West Virginia and their first round loss.

none of those teams would be left out....

Mozart'sGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This is true. How many Big 10 QBs can you name that are starting in the NFL right now and have had any sort of success?

Huh? Tom Brady and Drew Brees immediately come to mind?

Touche.

B1G has 13 players among NFL's Top 100 - Big Ten Blog - ESPN

Oh. The only conference with more players ranked in ESPN's top 100 NFL players going into the 2011 season was the Big East.

The reason I think that is surprising is because of the archaic football played in that conference. Those two are clearly the exception, rather than the rule. There are good athletes on offense to be sure but the systems they play in retard their growth so much that you normally get get clowns like Troy Smith, Ricky Stanzi, Craig Krenzel, Terrel Pryor and the like. The Big 10 does produce good linemen and some good front seven types on defense though. I think the best prepared pro style offensive players come from the PAC 12.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the Rose Bowl is certainly going to be a game of two completely contrasting styles of play. I'll enjoy watching it. Can't say the same for the LSU-Alabama game. That one is gonna be a yawner.

osu should be there instead of alabama. wasn't the plane crash the same week they lost?

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

:thumbsdown:

SEC > Big Ten > PAC 12

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
none of those teams would be left out....

What. The. Fuck? I thought it was an 8 team tournament with only the conference champions?

Stanford, Alabama and Georgia did NOT win their conference titles.

Or is it a 32 team tournament now that includes UCLA?

You can't in one post say UCLA isn't in your tournament because it's an 8 team tourney with just the conference champions then in another post say that Stanford, Alabama and Georgia are in the tournament when they did NOT win their conference championships.

Pick one.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they would have all gotten to play for their conf championships. thats the thing with playoff systems, u actually have to win instead of relying on john doe with a pencil

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man LSU maybe the oddest undefeated team in the last 2 or 3 decades to play for a national title. How does a team that can not even manage a first down in 2 quarters win 42-10? They get help from the other team that's how. I only watched LSU vs Georgia and LSU vs Alabama so I can't speak for their whole season, but LSU in both games looked to be the worst of the 2 teams and yet they won both games.

It's like Alabama and Georgia both did more to help LSU win then they did for themsevles.

Anyway how did the sideline official and replay booth miss that boy flipping the ball to the official before he crossed the goal line? That play really changed the game around and it never really happened. I still don't get how the official he flipped the ball to could turn around and call it a Touchdown unless he was just not paying attention.

Mozart'sGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
osu should be there instead of alabama. wasn't the plane crash the same week they lost?

The east coast bias and influenc over the networks is too great for that to happen. It will be another boring game between two SEC teams who wouldn't know an innovative offensive play if it kicked them in the ass.

Mozart'sGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Man LSU maybe the oddest undefeated team in the last 2 or 3 decades to play for a national title. How does a team that can not even manage a first down in 2 quarters win 42-10? They get help from the other team that's how. I only watched LSU vs Georgia and LSU vs Alabama so I can't speak for their whole season, but LSU in both games looked to be the worst of the 2 teams and yet they won both games.

It's like Alabama and Georgia both did more to help LSU win then they did for themsevles.

Anyway how did the sideline official and replay booth miss that boy flipping the ball to the official before he crossed the goal line? That play really changed the game around and it never really happened. I still don't get how the official he flipped the ball to could turn around and call it a Touchdown unless he was just not paying attention.

I disagree. Flipping that ball to the ref too early was meaningless. The play was done. He was gonna score a touchdown and nothing Georgia did could prevent it. Can't begrudge 'em that one

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You are getting closer, but promoting the Big 12 to #3 and dropping the Big 10 to #4 still isn't accurate. I'd put them 5th.

This year hopefully the Big-Ten will see a bit less SEC action in the bowl games. The Big-Ten typically has 3 to 4 games against those juggernauts and it creates that exact misconception that you've fallen for.

2010-11 bowl schedule - ESPN

Last year, Iowa defeated Missouri and Illinois destroyed Baylor, the two non-SEC opponents the Big-Ten lost to was the Texas Tech vs Northwestern game (by 7). But really I wouldn't read much into this game because late in the season, Northwestern lost their starting QB Dan Persa and started a guy that's now sees more time at WR than he does QB. Then there was the Wisconsin vs an undefeated TCU(losing by 2).

With two big SEC teams out of the way this year, the Big-Ten is in good position for the 2011-2012 bowl season.

Oregon vs Wisconsin (The only lock as of now)

Wisconsin has a complete team. Oregon's D-Line is too small vs the Bigger-Ten kids. The game is either going to be a blow out or a high scoring game, in both cases Wisconsin will come out victorious.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
they would have all gotten to play for their conf championships. thats the thing with playoff systems, u actually have to win instead of relying on john doe with a pencil

So basically you want to have it both ways. Georgia, Bama and Stanford make your tournament because it would look bad to have 3 teams in the top 4 not in, so it's a 32 team playoff tournament.

But UCLA wouldn't because it would look bad to have a 6-6 team in when so many better teams aren't, so it's an 8 team tournament for teams that win their conference.

Pick one.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they need to earn their spot by winning their conference, i believe the only top 25 team that gets eliminated before the playoffs would be arkansas who already lost twice to team in their division.

if u don't like my conf championship system, a top 32 playoff bracket would be another option. maybe u like the fact that this year and in years past the top team most likely didn't even get to play for the national championship.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
they need to earn their spot by winning their conference, i believe the only top 25 team that gets eliminated before the playoffs would be arkansas who already lost twice to team in their division.

if u don't like my conf championship system, a top 32 playoff bracket would be another option. maybe u like the fact that this year and in years past the top team most likely didn't even get to play for the national championship.

Who's better than LSU?

Also, in the NCCAB tournament last year the top team didn't get to play for the National Title either.

In the World Series, the top team didn't get to the play for the title.