• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

college football

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
So iguana, this Pac 12 Championship is what you'd like to see? That sounds great, except Stanford, who is #4 in the country, and has the best overall record in the Pac 12 is not playing so that 6-6 UCLA can play?

Great call.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ucla wouldn't have been in the pac 12 championship under my scenerio....

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the goal is to have a tournament to win the national championship, then the best teams should be in the tournament. If you have UCLA in, you fucked up.

You forogt to answer the first question though.

Which team in college football this year goes into LSU and doesn't get blown out?

i think oklahoma state would have the best chance. wisconsin actually might as well.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ucla would lose the conf semifinals and it would be two of stanford, usc and oregon playing for the pac 12 title and the right to move on to the final 8

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
So you would ignore NCAA sanctions, and you would fix games? UCLA is in your tournament. You can't get around that.

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So iguana, this Pac 12 Championship is what you'd like to see? That sounds great, except Stanford, who is #4 in the country, and has the best overall record in the Pac 12 is not playing so that 6-6 UCLA can play?
Great call.

No, Stanford got whipped by Oregon and did not win the north division which is what eliminated them. What put UCLA in there was the ridiulous two-year bowl ban imposed on USC who the previous week destroyed UCLA 50 to nothing. SC beat both teams that were in the conference championship game; Stanford cannot make that claim.

Mozart'sGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If the goal is to have a tournament to win the national championship, then the best teams should be in the tournament. If you have UCLA in, you fucked up.

Which team in college football this year goes into LSU and doesn't get blown out?[/QUOTE]

SC. The'd probably hold LSU to 7 points or less and score about 20.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you would ignore NCAA sanctions, and you would fix games? UCLA is in your tournament. You can't get around that.

the tournament is the top 8 teams...

i dont think ucla would beat either stanford or oregon...

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, Stanford got whipped by Oregon and did not win the north division which is what eliminated them. What put UCLA in there was the ridiulous two-year bowl ban imposed on USC who the previous week destroyed UCLA 50 to nothing. SC beat both teams that were in the conference championship game; Stanford cannot make that claim.

didn't stanford beat usc?

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

So it's an 8 team tournament and all that talk about a 32 team tournament was misleading?

How bad would your system look if Georgia holds on to beat LSU today?

Your tournament would be without (as of today)

Now, Oregon will finish in the top 8, and Houston will drop out of it.

But it sure would be fun to see you defend a system that is supposed to determine the best team in the country that leaves out LSU, Alabama and Stanford.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Nothing like jumping into a conversation 100 posts in and completely missing the context.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

And the tournament is not the top 8 teams. It's the 8 conference champions. There's a very distinct difference there.

You have West Virginia, not Stanford or Alabama (or possibly LSU).

That is NOT the top 8 teams.

Mozart'sGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
didn't stanford beat usc?

They did, in triple OT, but SC gave 'em everything they could handle and, although it sounds trite, Stanford only stayed alive on a bullshit personal foul call on a 4th down pass on their game-tying drive at the end of regulation.

Beating SC would not have helped Stanford get to the conference title game though because they are in different divisions.

Mozart'sGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Nothing like jumping into a conversation 100 posts in and completely missing the context.

Yes, I see that now. I thought it was very strange that you would not know how the conference was decided with as much as you seem to know about college football. I should have read back further and seen what you guys were talking about.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the tournament is not the top 8 teams. It's the 8 conference champions. There's a very distinct difference there.

You have West Virginia, not Stanford or Alabama (or possibly LSU).

That is NOT the top 8 teams.

nobody remembers the teams won't can't get out of their league/conf anyways

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
nobody remembers the teams won't can't get out of their league/conf anyways

Yeah, you're right. If Georgia were to win today no one would remember that LSU, Bama and Stanford were left out of your tournament, but they'd all remember West Virginia and their first round loss.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Which team in college football this year goes into LSU and doesn't get blown out?[/QUOTE]

SC. The'd probably hold LSU to 7 points or less and score about 20.

Wait. So you have USC as far and away the best team in the country? Despite losses to Arizona State and Stanford?

They went into ASU and gave up 43, but in baton Rouge would hold the Tigers under 7?

Mozart'sGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Wait. So you have USC as far and away the best team in the country? Despite losses to Arizona State and Stanford?

They went into ASU and gave up 43, but in baton Rouge would hold the Tigers under 7?

That was a very strange loss to ASU. That was early in the season though and they have become much, much tougher over the season. Stanford got very lucky to beat SC. SC has probably the nation's most effective QB, the best set of wide receivers in the country in Robert Woods and Marquis Lee and a very solid defense. I would go so far as to say they are the best passing team in the country.

I watched LSU again today and once again came away completely underwhelmed. They went more than an entire half against a mediocre Georgia defense without even making a first down and I don't need to mention how awful they looked against Alabama. LSU's archaic offense would probably not score a touchdown against SC.