• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

college football

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason I think that is surprising is because of the archaic football played in that conference. Those two are clearly the exception, rather than the rule. There are good athletes on offense to be sure but the systems they play in retard their growth so much that you normally get get clowns like Troy Smith, Ricky Stanzi, Craig Krenzel, Terrel Pryor and the like. The Big 10 does produce good linemen and some good front seven types on defense though. I think the best prepared pro style offensive players come from the PAC 12.

To be fair, the clowns you've mentioned are the recent QBs of the Big 10 football, where back in the day, big 10 QBs were actually really good/legit....

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who's better than LSU?

Also, in the NCCAB tournament last year the top team didn't get to play for the National Title either.

In the World Series, the top team didn't get to the play for the title.

regular season doesn't determine the best team. it's a completely different game in every sport when u compare playoffs to regular season.

the top team in baseball's regular season did get to play for the title. they lost to the actual best team

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
regular season doesn't determine the best team. it's a completely different game in every sport when u compare playoffs to regular season.

the top team in baseball's regular season did get to play for the title. they lost to the actual best team

Wow. That's such a crock of shit. Why even play the regular season then?

Texas also was not the top regular season team. Not even in the AL, nevermind MLB.

Your system is flawed. The fact you're so eager and willing to change it shows that.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the regular season determines who plays in the playoffs. texas wasn't the best in the AL? who was? the yankees? they might have been the 3rd best team. couldn't even beat the tigers.

i haven't changed my system. conf championship followed by an 8 team national championship tournament is and always was the setup. do you sniff glue or something? lysol?

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
the regular season determines who plays in the playoffs. texas wasn't the best in the AL? who was? the yankees? they might have been the 3rd best team. couldn't even beat the tigers.

i haven't changed my system. conf championship followed by an 8 team national championship tournament is and always was the setup. do you sniff glue or something? lysol?

I thought the playoffs and regular season were different? Now the Yankees weren't the best team in the AL regular season because of what happened in the playoffs?

NYY won 97, Texas won 96. I think that speaks for itself.

Your system started as the top 2 teams from each conference playing, then you amended it to 32. Now you said if the conference way isn't good enough, that the top 32 could play.

BTW, did you know that the NFL uses computers to determine playoff teams and seeds?

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can u stop trolling? seriously 1 game difference? i'm surprised you're not choking on your own shit

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
can u stop trolling? seriously 1 game difference? i'm surprised you're not choking on your own shit

Sorry. I assumed the team with the best regular season record would get credit as being the best regular season team. That's without discussing strength of schedule of course.

But let's talk about our own shit. You have been piling it on non-stop through this thread. You change your plan every few posts to account for problems it presents.

You somehow came up with the idea that LSU is not the best team in the country (who is again?).

How do you feel about the NFL not deciding things on the field for the playoffs?

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who cares about the best regular season team? the yankees got bounced in the first round. overrated

lsu beating alabama doesn't mean they're the best team. the best team might not even get a shot to prove it. that is the flaw with the bcs system, the teams do not determine who the best team is. the voters do.

the nfl does determine the best team since they have a playoff system.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
who cares about the best regular season team? the yankees got bounced in the first round. overrated

lsu beating alabama doesn't mean they're the best team. the best team might not even get a shot to prove it. that is the flaw with the bcs system, the teams do not determine who the best team is. the voters do.

the nfl does determine the best team since they have a playoff system.

You said that last year, and in year's past the best team likely doesn't get to play for the National Title.

Who is the best team this year? Who was the best team last year? Was it not Oregon or Auburn?

What about in 2009? Who was the best team?

The NCAA does let the game decide who the best team is. The top 2 teams in the country play. BEFORE the BCS there was no game to determine the champion.

You feel there should be more games. The argument that it's not decided on the field is faulty.

I could just as easily argue that the NFL by only allowing 12 teams instead of 16 is not giving teams the chance to win the Super Bowl.

But here's a couple questions for you.

If the playoffs were to start in the NFL today, Chicago gets the last playoff spot despite having the same record as Atlanta. How is it determined who gets in? Shouldn't they have to play for it? Why is it being decided in a board room?

In the AFC, there are 4 teams tied for the last playoff spot. Shouldn't they have to have a minitournament to decide who should get the last spot on the field instead of an office?

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all u do is shit on any idea brought out. yet u have nothing of your own.

how is alabama anymore deserving than osu? almost every year there are multiple teams with 1st place votes. in regards to the nfl, it is more than fair. u win your division or if you can't there are wild card spots available. the tie breakers are reasonable. or would you rather peter king pick who goes to the playoffs?

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
all u do is shit on any idea brought out. yet u have nothing of your own.

how is alabama anymore deserving than osu? almost every year there are multiple teams with 1st place votes. in regards to the nfl, it is more than fair. u win your division or if you can't there are wild card spots available. the tie breakers are reasonable. or would you rather peter king pick who goes to the playoffs?

I already answered the accusation in your first paragraph.

Your second does nothing to promote your system.

The NFL decides tie breakers without teams playing each other. The NCAA does. The OLD system would have been King deciding. Now they have established tie breakers that the computers are used to calulate.

I honestly don't think you understand the current system, or the system you propose.

As for why Bama is more deserving. . .

Bama lost to LSU. OSU lost to Iowa State.

If LSU and ISU played, who would you bet your life on if the line were a pick'em?

What excactly would the spread need to be for you to bet on ISU? LSU -21? -28? -35?

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you want to see OSU vs LSU all you have to do is go back a week and watch Arkansas vs LSU.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I already answered the accusation in your first paragraph.

Your second does nothing to promote your system.

The NFL decides tie breakers without teams playing each other. The NCAA does. The OLD system would have been King deciding. Now they have established tie breakers that the computers are used to calulate.

I honestly don't think you understand the current system, or the system you propose.

As for why Bama is more deserving. . .

Bama lost to LSU. OSU lost to Iowa State.

If LSU and ISU played, who would you bet your life on if the line were a pick'em?

What excactly would the spread need to be for you to bet on ISU? LSU -21? -28? -35?

osu lost the week of a plane crash. they didn't look like the same osu team for one week.

voters shouldn't determine the national championship, there needs to be some sort of playoff system. my system or a 32 team playoff bracket would work and should give the ncaa the same revenue as their current bowl setup.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
osu lost the week of a plane crash. they didn't look like the same osu team for one week.

voters shouldn't determine the national championship, there needs to be some sort of playoff system. my system or a 32 team playoff bracket would work and should give the ncaa the same revenue as their current bowl setup.

OSU looked fine in the first half of that game. Did the players find out about the plane crash at half time?

The national championship also is not determined by voters. Voters play a role in it, but there's more to it.

I don't see how you think your system gives the NCAA the same revenue. Somehow I don't see a first round game where the 32nd team in the nation goes to Baton Rouge drawing a lot of attention.

Your system has multiple flaws that I have already pointed out. If you aren't fixing the system, why change it?

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that isn't my system. my system is the conf playoffs which would generate more revenue than the lower end bowls.

if the voters determined that osu, who has beaten more top 25 teams than alabama, was #2 then osu would go. how is that not determined by voters? osu had a much tougher schedule as well.

with my system alabama would end up playing lsu in the sec championship. osu would most likely crush the two teams they face in their conference to move on.