• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

college football thread

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
didn't realize that Malik Willis has an uncle that played in the NFL under RR in Carolina.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, Penn State did look good until Clifford got hurt. That back-up Penn State QB is terrible and they had way too many penalties with most of them being false starts.
Looks like your Wolfpack is better than Penn State or Maryland.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like your Wolfpack is better than Penn State or Maryland.

My Wolfpack is overrated at #19 and not as good as Penn State or Maryland. This coming Saturday I think Wake Forest will eat up a whole pack of wolves and go on to play in the ACC Championship game rather than the Wolfpack later this year.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is the game I will watch tonight

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some comments were made early in the year about how well Franklin and Locksley were doing.

Franklin had a slow start by Penn State standards with with two 7-6 years. His next four years were good with three years winning 11 games. Last year 4-5 .... this year after starting 5-0 the team has fallen to 6-4 and likely will finish 7-5. Not the kind of record Penn State fans are expecting. Many ... including me want to see him replaced. Franklin's record against ranked teams and a bowl record of 3-3 is not what Nittany Lion fans are looking for. Not when you have a stadium with 100+ thousand fans and one of the all time great travelling fan bases. Penn State deserves more.

Maryland and Locksley started 4-0 and there were some comments about how well MD is doing, they are now 5-5. I predicted this. Most likely they will finish 6-6 and I said back during the winning street MD might struggle to get to the 6 game bowl requirement. Under Locksley the Terps are 11-22 and he is 13-48 as a HC at both New Mexico and Maryland. He was hired because they could get him on the cheap after having to let Durkin go but still pay him. Admittedly being HC at Maryland is a tough gig, especially in the Big 10. Jerry Claiborne and Bobby Ross proved it can be done albeit while in the ACC.

JMO but it is time to replace both coaches.

It is too early to call but it looks like Turgeon has a nice squad in basketball this year and Brenda Friese always has a good woman's squad.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My Wolfpack is overrated at #19 and not as good as Penn State or Maryland. This coming Saturday I think Wake Forest will eat up a whole pack of wolves and go on to play in the ACC Championship game rather than the Wolfpack later this year.
As you know the Wolfpack lost but they gave Wake Forest one helluva a game.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As you know the Wolfpack lost but they gave Wake Forest one helluva a game.

Being on the short end of a 45-42 game is not fun but I have no excuses. The better team last night won.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NC State still ranked tomcat.

MD with a HUGE loss today, they play also 5-6 Rutgers for bowl eligibility next week. 4-0 to 5-6 ... not too good. Locksley will likely be back for year 4 of a 5 year contract.

Penn State won today and will get a bowl but not a good one. 5-0 to 7-5 after a 5-0 start ... not too good. On a bright note the freshman that came in for Clifford looked good. Much better than that kid that came in during the Iowa game. Franklin has 4 years left on his contract after this year so he isn't going anywhere unless USC comes strong. Bill O'Brien has the inside tract at LSU.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NC State still ranked tomcat.

MD with a HUGE loss today, they play also 5-6 Rutgers for bowl eligibility next week. 4-0 to 5-6 ... not too good. Locksley will likely be back for year 4 of a 5 year contract.

Penn State won today and will get a bowl but not a good one. 5-0 to 7-5 after a 5-0 start ... not too good. On a bright note the freshman that came in for Clifford looked good. Much better than that kid that came in during the Iowa game. Franklin has 4 years left on his contract after this year so he isn't going anywhere unless USC comes strong. Bill O'Brien has the inside tract at LSU.

NC State became unranked after Wake Forest took them out 45-42 but my Wolfpack (8-3) still has a chance to play in the ACC Championship game since Clemson beat Wake Forest by 21 today. If Wake Forest beats Boston College at BC next Saturday they are in the championship game. If they lose NC State is in the championship game. GO WOFPACK!

I saw where Michigan took Maryland behind the woodshed today but at least Penn State won big time for you. I didn't realize that Franklin had such a long contract with Penn State. Rhule will probably be available for Penn State before Franklin's contract expires even though the timing might not work out.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NC State became unranked after Wake Forest took them out 45-42 but my Wolfpack (8-3) still has a chance to play in the ACC Championship game since Clemson beat Wake Forest by 21 today. If Wake Forest beats Boston College at BC next Saturday they are in the championship game. If they lose NC State is in the championship game. GO WOFPACK!

I saw where Michigan took Maryland behind the woodshed today but at least Penn State won big time for you. I didn't realize that Franklin had such a long contract with Penn State. Rhule will probably be available for Penn State before Franklin's contract expires even though the timing might not work out.
ESPN has the Wolfpack ranked No. 20. At the very least they will get a bowl game.

MD definitely went to the woodshed. On the last drive Michigan was playing their 4th string QB.

Franklin signed a 5 or 6 year extension in the last year or two. He hinted earlier this week and postgame today that he is not going anywhere and he will have more to say Tuesday. Gawd I hope they are not going to give him more money or more years. Right now he is behind 3 and maybe 4 teams in the Big Ten.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN has the Wolfpack ranked No. 20. At the very least they will get a bowl game.

MD definitely went to the woodshed. On the last drive Michigan was playing their 4th string QB.

Franklin signed a 5 or 6 year extension in the last year or two. He hinted earlier this week and postgame today that he is not going anywhere and he will have more to say Tuesday. Gawd I hope they are not going to give him more money or more years. Right now he is behind 3 and maybe 4 teams in the Big Ten.

I haven't checked the ESPN rankings but in the AP rankings my Wolfpack was not in the top 20 this week. Yes, my Wolfpack will get a decent bowl game but doesn't just about every team that is 6-6 or better go bowling these days? I've lost count on how many bowl games there are.

I think Penn State is between a rock and a hard place in the Big 10 because it will be hard for them to win championships in football or basketball. I'm not sure what conference would be better for them however. When Rutgers joined the Big 10 a few years ago I thought they will never win again and I might end up being right.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't checked the ESPN rankings but in the AP rankings my Wolfpack was not in the top 20 this week. Yes, my Wolfpack will get a decent bowl game but doesn't just about every team that is 6-6 or better go bowling these days? I've lost count on how many bowl games there are.

I think Penn State is between a rock and a hard place in the Big 10 because it will be hard for them to win championships in football or basketball. I'm not sure what conference would be better for them however. When Rutgers joined the Big 10 a few years ago I thought they will never win again and I might end up being right.
That was one hell of a comeback yesterday. I was standing next to my buddy at his bar. He had NC .... needless to say he was not happy.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was one hell of a comeback yesterday. I was standing next to my buddy at his bar. He had NC .... needless to say he was not happy.

I have no voice left, it was cold at Carter-Finley Stadium last night, but we beat our biggest rival! With 2:12 left in the game we were behind by 9 points. I still don't know how we scored those last 13 points to win 34-30 but I'll take it. My buddy bet over 63 so as you can see he needed every one of those points to win his bet.

The bad news for NC State is they won't get to play in the ACC Championship game since Wake Forest beat Boston College earlier today to get that spot. The good news for NC State is if they win their bowl game it will be the first time EVER they have won 10 games in one season.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no voice left, it was cold at Carter-Finley Stadium last night, but we beat our biggest rival! With 2:12 left in the game we were behind by 9 points. I still don't know how we scored those last 13 points to win 34-30 but I'll take it. My buddy bet over 63 so as you can see he needed every one of those points to win his bet.

The bad news for NC State is they won't get to play in the ACC Championship game since Wake Forest beat Boston College earlier today to get that spot. The good news for NC State is if they win their bowl game it will be the first time EVER they have won 10 games in one season.
It was an amazing come back. I know Wake knocked them out of the ACC game but it's a good season and should be a good bowl game.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was an amazing come back. I know Wake knocked them out of the ACC game but it's a good season and should be a good bowl game.

I think NC State will get a good bowl game and I'm sure their players hope it will be one of those Florida bowls for some fun in the sun. I guess we will know soon who goes where in all these bowl games.