• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

College Football PLayoff committee will try to avoid rematches

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,428.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BCS executive director Bill Hancock says the selection committee for the College Football Playoff will try to avoid rematches, but not at the expense of the integrity of the seedings.

Hancock spoke to the Football Writers Association of America on Monday. He says the top priority of the selection committee will be to make sure the No. 1 team plays close to home and the teams are properly seeded.

Using this season's final BCS standings, and next season's semifinal sites, the final four would have been No. 1 Florida State playing No. 4 Michigan State in the Sugar Bowl and No. 2 Auburn playing No. 3 Alabama in the Rose Bowl.

Hancock says seeding adjustments will only be made if teams are considered even.

Source: ESPN

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be okay with them keeping the rematch, but I would have preferred they put FSU in the Rose Bowl and the Alabama teams can go to the Sugar.

I would actually prefer them to seed two teams in the same conference in the first round against each other.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the problem I have.

With the BCS we had three polls that consisted of 100s of people and some computers.

Now we have about 12 assholes who are open to major corruption.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the problem I have.

With the BCS we had three polls that consisted of 100s of people and some computers.

Now we have about 12 assholes who are open to major corruption.

2 polls that mattered.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we should have a committee making our picks for the top 4 on SportsHoopla

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NO CHANGE in the SECs 4 game cupcake scheduling OR 8 game conference matchups...Foxes are still in the chicken coop.

When's the "playing field" going to be level for all? A Q for the "committee" I spose.:noidea:

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no problem with rematches. Next season, Michigan State plays at Oregon in September...both of those schools could hypothetically win their respective conferences and potentially meet again in the four team playoff...that would not bother me.

What really needs to be done is to have all the power conferences play by the same rules. All five power conferences should play 9 conference games, and all five conferences should have at least twelve members divided into two conferences, with the conference champion being determined by a championship game. Also, the five power conferences collectively should eliminate scheduling any more games against the FCS. Also, at minimum, at least two of each teams three OOC games should be played against a school from one of the other power conferences. Diffferent policies by each conference is bad for football mmmkay?

Ideally, a 13 game regular season schedule would be best-------10 conference games (5 home & 5 away), plus 3 OOC games, two of which must be played against other power conference teams...leaving one OOC game available to be played at home against a mid-major FBS team in order to ensure seven home games. Bowl eligibility would happen at 7 wins under a 13 game regular season setup.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the coaches poll is the biggest joke