• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coll Hcky Fans think they R better than CBB fans

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh. I prefer the Major Junior hockey.

Alot more make it to the Pros from there.

Are you sure about that?

The Gophers last season had something like 23 former players playing in the NHL. And when I checked on the other B1G teams and NCHC teams, they all had at least 5 former players in the NHL and most had between 10 and 20. I don't remember the last season that a former Gopher didn't make it onto the All-Star Game roster. But my perception could be skewed seeing as my Gophers put more players into the NHL than any other school?

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you sure about that?

The Gophers last season had something like 23 former players playing in the NHL. And when I checked on the other B1G teams and NCHC teams, they all had at least 5 former players in the NHL and most had between 10 and 20. I don't remember the last season that a former Gopher didn't make it onto the All-Star Game roster. But my perception could be skewed seeing as my Gophers put more players into the NHL than any other school?

Look at the CHL and see how many are pumped out.

Granted my Victoria Royals only have one drafted player on the roster now(#7 was taken by Montreal Canadiens 2 years ago in the 3rd round)

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at the CHL and see how many are pumped out.

Granted my Victoria Royals only have one drafted player on the roster now(#7 was taken by Montreal Canadiens 2 years ago in the 3rd round)

Well, I know the NHL used to depend more on the Jr Leagues than the NCAA, but that started to change about 20 years ago or so and the # of collegians getting into the NHL has risen steadily over the last 20 or so years.