• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coll Hcky Fans think they R better than CBB fans

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They really do. Not sure why, one guess is that the Ivy league schools are actually a factor in college hockey? But these geniuses still rely 99% on the RPI. The have something called the Pairwise Rankings, and no committee whatsoever, they depend 100% on the Pairwise Rankings, but anyone with any intelligence can see that the PWR reflects the RPI rankings almost 100%, every year. It's a pathetic rating system, and CBB has come to recognize this, and has for years now, been moving away from it, this year totally flushing the idiotic rating system. Yet College hockey is 99% dependent upon it. And these idiots think they are so much smarter than cbb fans??? lol

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
people who don't self-identify as CBB fans should be sent to gitmo

:trash:

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
people who don't self-identify as CBB fans should be sent to gitmo

:trash:

Yeah. College hockey fans hate me because I dare to talk about cbb in their forums. It's like against their religion to ever do so, for any reason. I'd guess 99% of those who are regulars at college hockey forums HATE cbb. They think they are better than cbb fans. What I've seen is they are some of the thinnest skinned pussified sports fans I've ever run across. lol

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. College hockey fans hate me because I dare to talk about cbb in their forums. It's like against their religion to ever do so, for any reason. I'd guess 99% of those who are regulars at college hockey forums HATE cbb. They think they are better than cbb fans. What I've seen is they are some of the thinnest skinned pussified sports fans I've ever run across. lol

Seems like a certain CBB fan is a little thin-skinned too.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huge fans of most minor sports are pretty easily aggravated . They have some kind of inferiority complex . I see it a lot in Iowa with wrestling fans

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huge fans of most minor sports are pretty easily aggravated . They have some kind of inferiority complex . I see it a lot in Iowa with wrestling fans

Well, what I figured was there are so many more cbb and cfb fans that they are used to new posters coming into their forums, and they care less whether fans of other teams like them or not, so they develop thicker skins. With minor sports there are fewer fans so they develop more of an elitist attitude and actually develop friendships with fans from other teams and so they don't like outsiders coming into their forums. And yeah, the inferiority complex because their favorite sport is not as popular as cbb or cfb makes a lot of sense, too.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How am I thinned skinned?

It just seems to me that you have your panties twisted by some college hockey fans. Enough to make a thread about it. "OMG, I was disrespected on the college hockey boards."

Minnesota fans have such a superiority complex.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It just seems to me that you have your panties twisted by some college hockey fans. Enough to make a thread about it. "OMG, I was disrespected on the college hockey boards."

Minnesota fans have such a superiority complex.

LOL, well, your perception is wrong. If anything bothers me, it's the stupid PairWise Rankings. It's a retarded ranking system. It just happens to crack me up that a sport with such arrogant fans utilizes such a retarded ranking system.

As for your remarks about Minnesota fans having a superiority complex, that's simply because Minnesota is superior.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, well, your perception is wrong. If anything bothers me, it's the stupid PairWise Rankings. It's a retarded ranking system. It just happens to crack me up that a sport with such arrogant fans utilizes such a retarded ranking system.

As for your remarks about Minnesota fans having a superiority complex, that's simply because Minnesota is superior.

You touch it for a little bit.. I sure miss the WCHA days.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You touch it for a little bit.. I sure miss the WCHA days.

I miss the WCHA as well. But for the long term health of college hockey, the B1G Conference needed to happen. Schools like PSU and Arizona St will help hockey grow far more than a Ferris St or a Northern Michigan, etc.. Arizona St may not have moved to Div 1 hockey had it not been for PSU doing it first and being so successful. Now Illinois is thinking about it, too.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I miss the WCHA as well. But for the long term health of college hockey, the B1G Conference needed to happen. Schools like PSU and Arizona St will help hockey grow far more than a Ferris St or a Northern Michigan, etc.. Arizona St may not have moved to Div 1 hockey had it not been for PSU doing it first and being so successful. Now Illinois is thinking about it, too.

I live about 25 miles from the Illinois campus. They have had club level hockey there for quite a few years. Even won their natty a couple years ago. 2005, 2008. They also have lost in 3 championship games. It's fun to watch.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I live about 25 miles from the Illinois campus. They have had club level hockey there for quite a few years. Even won their natty a couple years ago. 2005, 2008. They also have lost in 3 championship games. It's fun to watch.

There are a surprising number of club level hockey teams. There is even an SEC conference. Would be nice if the sport grew and had to expand it's tournament to 16 teams.

So is it cheaper to watch them, the Illinois team, since they are club level, or do they pack their arena? I heard hockey was a huge draw down in Arizona?

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTH is a college hockey forum? :noidea:

naslundfan19

Boredom Savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There’s a college hockey thread on the NHL board as well.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would anyone want to venture there?

Well, if someone was a college hockey fan maybe? lol

Remember the Miracle on Ice? Half of those players who beat the Russians were former Gopher College hockey players.

If you are from Texas you probably aren't a college hockey fan, so you'd have no reason to go there.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are a surprising number of club level hockey teams. There is even an SEC conference. Would be nice if the sport grew and had to expand it's tournament to 16 teams.

So is it cheaper to watch them, the Illinois team, since they are club level, or do they pack their arena? I heard hockey was a huge draw down in Arizona?

Not huge but there was some talk of building a new sheet and going full NCAA. If I remember right, there were inly a couple hundred people there for the games I was at. We do have a couple of Junior A teams in the area that draw 1000-1200 per game o there is some interest.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh. I prefer the Major Junior hockey.

Alot more make it to the Pros from there.