• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cole Kmet

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cannot possibly be the only one who was confused about his role on Sunday. Why was he out snapped by Gerald Everett? Why was he only used as an extra blocker and removed on passing downs? We targeted him once on the FG drive late in the first half.

Kmet played his best football last year. That was my first season with him where I was like "YES! I am sold! We have a franchise TE!".

Now, we get a new OC who opens up the season with him in a part-time role? Behind Gerald Everett?

I kept refreshing X and google during the game to see if news would eventually emerge of him being limited due to injury, something.... but I never saw anything. What gives? Caleb could really use a reliable TE right now, by the looks of it.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cannot possibly be the only one who was confused about his role on Sunday. Why was he out snapped by Gerald Everett? Why was he only used as an extra blocker and removed on passing downs? We targeted him once on the FG drive late in the first half.

Kmet played his best football last year. That was my first season with him where I was like "YES! I am sold! We have a franchise TE!".

Now, we get a new OC who opens up the season with him in a part-time role? Behind Gerald Everett?

I kept refreshing X and google during the game to see if news would eventually emerge of him being limited due to injury, something.... but I never saw anything. What gives? Caleb could really use a reliable TE right now, by the looks of it.
Tell me Getsy wasn't still calling that first half. At some point, the needle has to point at Eberflus.

It's dumbfounding. Kmet should be an absolute fucking focal point ffs. Especially when Allen is dinged up/old and Odunze leaves the game too. Moore came up a bit gingerly after that sideline catch as well.

I have no faith in Eberflus at all. I have seen nothing exemplary of him. Just retarded nick names and a cleaner haircut.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell me Getsy wasn't still calling that first half. At some point, the needle has to point at Eberflus.

It's dumbfounding. Kmet should be an absolute fucking focal point ffs. Especially when Allen is dinged up/old and Odunze leaves the game too. Moore came up a bit gingerly after that sideline catch as well.

I have no faith in Eberflus at all. I have seen nothing exemplary of him. Just retarded nick names and a cleaner haircut.
Eberflus straight up said after the game that they like Everett and "they both bring things to the table - we don't have to rely on one".

This is a tad infuriating... why are fucking with this? Kmet has really proven himself to be a ROCK SOLID TE and a legitimate threat. Everett hasn't been "bad" - he certainly deserves to have a role. All but eliminating Kmet from the passing game plan, though!? What?

You're right, this is an Eberflus thing. He owned it. He can die on this hill. I hope he doesn't, but man... I do not get it.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way we are using our TE's is the most egregious example of our OC not realizing that we must utilize our talent first and then work it back into his system.

This f*cktard is Nagy'ing us by going the opposite...USE YOUR TALENT.

Goddamn retread loser coordinators under a never-will-be head coach. I love how the media spinned it so crazy like we got some of the top minds in the NFL to support Eberflus. Wasn't buying it then and certainly ain't buying it now.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some OCs like TEs and some don't. This is all moot anyway. Without an oline it doesn't matter. Nothing has time to develop for anyone.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way we are using our TE's is the most egregious example of our OC not realizing that we must utilize our talent first and then work it back into his system.

This f*cktard is Nagy'ing us by going the opposite...USE YOUR TALENT.

Goddamn retread loser coordinators under a never-will-be head coach. I love how the media spinned it so crazy like we got some of the top minds in the NFL to support Eberflus. Wasn't buying it then and certainly ain't buying it now.
I mean, Waldron has a great track record and has never been fired, FWIW. He took a Geno Smith led offense and turned it into one of the best in the NFL. Geno completely revived his career under Waldron. Before that he was the passing game coordinator and QB coach for the Rams under McVay when Goff and that offense broke out onto the scene - went to the super bowl.

I have no idea if he will work out or not. It is way too soon to say. However, he's seen nothing but success in this league, to this point. His track record is undeniably rock solid.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, Waldron has a great track record and has never been fired, FWIW. He took a Geno Smith led offense and turned it into one of the best in the NFL. Geno completely revived his career under Waldron. Before that he was the passing game coordinator and QB coach for the Rams under McVay when Goff and that offense broke out onto the scene - went to the super bowl.

I have no idea if he will work out or not. It is way too soon to say. However, he's seen nothing but success in this league, to this point. His track record is undeniably rock solid.
He's been pretty shitty so far. Week 2 was fucking pathetic.

We've been outcoached/classed two weeks straight now.

Maybe Eberflus can come up with some new player nick names to rally the team. :rolleyes2:

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't know how you can say he is rock solid as an OC.

In 2023, his most recent season, Seattle had the same scoring and yardage output offensively as the Bears. (Ouch)

In 2022, his banner year, Seattle ranked 12th in football.

In 2021, his only other year as an OC, they were 20th in football.

At BEST, this dude is an average coach based on his historical results.

As for the one year as "passing coordinator," I'm certain if Sean McVay was our head coach and making playcalls we'd get a LOT more out of the offense. But no, we have Eberflus...so don't get your hopes up this guy all of a sudden recreates those results.

Best thing this guy (and our team) has going for him (them) is our next 5 games are against bottom tier teams. Maybe we get on a roll, raise some confidence on the offensive side and then it comes together as we get into the rougher part of our season.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why was he only used as an extra blocker and removed on passing downs?

Considering how BAD Kmet is at blocking, yea that's even funnier. He came close to getting CW killed on a wiffed block on a DE late in the game who ended up blind siding CW. When your job is to pull and hit a DE and you completely miss the small insignificant hard to see DE, you do not deserve to ever block again.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering how BAD Kmet is at blocking, yea that's even funnier. He came close to getting CW killed on a wiffed block on a DE late in the game who ended up blind siding CW. When your job is to pull and hit a DE and you completely miss the small insignificant hard to see DE, you do not deserve to ever block again.
I think that is poor scheming tho too. Why have a pulling TE block a premiere pass rusher at all? Why pull your LT to block fucking no one? It'd be one thing if the QB was to roll away from that, but that was not the case.

It was obvious that Kmet whiffed, but I don't care for the playcall to begin with.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that is poor scheming tho too. Why have a pulling TE block a premiere pass rusher at all? Why pull your LT to block fucking no one? It'd be one thing if the QB was to roll away from that, but that was not the case.

It was obvious that Kmet whiffed, but I don't care for the playcall to begin with.
Heh, bet that it will be a while before Waldron tries to kill CW again with that play.