• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coffee talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to move to Canada. I'm sick and tired of the fucking heat, humidity and haze here in the DC area. It's a valid reason to uproot my entire family.....

DC came in #11 overall and #1 among US cities on that livability study.

But yeah... it gets a little swampy here in the summer. I'm not sure if Canada's summers are better though. ;)

kx7wz9.gif

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DC came in #11 overall and #1 among US cities on that livability study.

But yeah... it gets a little swampy here in the summer. I'm not sure if Canada's summers are better though. ;)

kx7wz9.gif
At least when I lived on Long Island I could go to the beach that was 20 minutes away and get a breeze. I live out in Ashburn now and the area as a whole is great for raising a family. No complaints here outside of traffic and August humidity. Oh and MD drivers....they are the worst.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can do that. This isn't Philly. Nobody will bash your skull in with a barstool.

Question: In Toronto Sports bars are the people closest to the TVs all in business suits, checking their blackberries every 30 seconds and not watching the games?

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question: In Toronto Sports bars are the people closest to the TVs all in business suits, checking their blackberries every 30 seconds and not watching the games?
There are some like that (minus the BB's - it's not 2008) but for the most part we get pretty loud fans in bars. During the Jays run last fall shit got pretty wild.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great story... especially at a time when photos of Syrian children are haunting me.

This made me picture a photograph floating in the air chasing Sly down a hallway.

"Jeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaeeeeeffff! JEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAEEEEEEEEEEFFFF!"

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Set the DVR to record the entire broadcast of Mecum Auto Auctions today on CNBC.

But they pre-empted it to show the NASCAR race at Martinsville which was originally supposed to air on another channel. Problem is, there was a rain delay. Seems the only thing less enthralling than rednecks driving in circles is rednecks NOT driving in circles.

On my DVR is 5 hours of guys saying "Yeah, it's raining and I hate it for the Wixham Widgets / M&Ms / Flonase #37 Chevy crew. We was sooo good at going in circles in the last practice and we was hoping to drive in circles real good again. Hope it stops raining so we can get going."

NASCAR is on NBC. You're welcome.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Set the DVR to record the entire broadcast of Mecum Auto Auctions today on CNBC.

But they pre-empted it to show the NASCAR race at Martinsville which was originally supposed to air on another channel. Problem is, there was a rain delay. Seems the only thing less enthralling than rednecks driving in circles is rednecks NOT driving in circles.

On my DVR is 5 hours of guys saying "Yeah, it's raining and I hate it for the Wixham Widgets / M&Ms / Flonase #37 Chevy crew. We was sooo good at going in circles in the last practice and we was hoping to drive in circles real good again. Hope it stops raining so we can get going."

NASCAR is on NBC. You're welcome.

I've never really understood how someone follows NASCAR. Like let's say you have a favorite driver, it's not like you can watch him for the entire race. You watch whatever the network decides to show you. How do you actively root for/follow drivers?

Status
Not open for further replies.