• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coffee talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love this dude's face at the 2:05 mark. Honestly, (1) how does Katrina Pierson still have a job? (2) And how is she so unfamiliar with basic landmark events in our country's very recent history?

Also, Rudy Giuliani said today "Before Obama came along, we didn't have any successful radical Islamic terrorist attack inside the U.S."' Geez, if only there was an event that occurred, like a REALLY big event, in a town where he held a fairly prominent position that would refresh his recollection.

Honestly, get a grasp of basic facts, people.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didnt read the link above but I have seen that Truthers view what Giuliani said as an admission that the government was behind 9/11

:L

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rudy Guiliani is a self-serving, lying whore who will do or say anything to stay in the spotlight. Never was anything more and never will be.

He's never been the same since discovering the yogourt he ate contained fat.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
t3_4xwmgj

HAHAHAHAHA

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus Christ if there's ever an actual attack on that airport:

http://foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/worthless-airport-security-exposed-at-jfks-olympics-che-1785339951

Somebody called out they’d seen four of them. Soon she found herself in another stairwell, where there was one guard sobbing hysterically and screaming and another dismissing anyone who turned to him for help or leadership by yelling that he didn’t want to die tonight, either.

Good to see all that Homeland Security money was well spent.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus Christ if there's ever an actual attack on that airport:

http://foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/worthless-airport-security-exposed-at-jfks-olympics-che-1785339951

Good to see all that Homeland Security money was well spent.

When they send their guards, they're not sending their best. Honestly, there is practically no screening for new hires. The pay is low enough that you're not getting any people switching from other legit areas with law and order/peacekeeping backgrounds (Prison guards, military, etc). The pay is only attractive to people whose last job was at the Gap. So that's what you get protecting important infrastructure.

About 2 years after 9/11 as this stuff was being rolled out, a buddy of mine got a contractor job to wire the computer terminals at an airline that was starting to fly out of BWI. He asked if I could help, so I said yeah. The night we went to wire the offices, we pulled up to grounds security in a van (me and another guy were in the back), he showed his license and security never looked inside the van. He was on the list, so they let him in. We didn't get badges or anything. They directed him to park in a below ground area that we realized as soon as we stepped out was the bottom end of the baggage carousel, but the one where stuff is outbound. Meaning we could have put anything we wanted on the belt and it would have gone on a plane. There was no security. Only cameras.

Once inside, again with no ID, we walked into the area we were supposed to wire with no checks, carrying duffel bags of tools, and spools of wire (it was a counter and office area behind it) and since it was warm, we propped open a door. That door went right to the terminal. There was no alarm on the door to state it was propped open, and we were there for three hours and the only people that came through that door were curious foodservice workers and janitors.

I don't know if there have been any improvements since, but while the attacks were still so fresh there was that much carelessness, I doubt 13 years of routine and corner cutting has improved things much.

If only "you get what you paid for" applied here. We essentially got nothing. But we paid a lot. And, of course, nothing the TSA has implemented, even if done perfectly, would have done a damn thing to stop the 9/11 attacks. Nothing.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's never been the same since discovering the yogourt he ate contained fat.

Dash never tires of making Seinfeld references... and I never tire of reading them. :)

Aside...was the Web site sold? Is Hammer no longer the owner/admin?

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he's not bringing manafort anymore right?

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he's not bringing manafort anymore right?

No, he's demoted Manafort and is now employing the leader from Breitbart to run his campaign.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/18/us/politics/donald-trump-stephen-bannon-paul-manafort.html

What could possibly go wrong?

I mean, a newly elected President, of course. But a candidate?

I can see the reasoning for it, but that also assumes that people running for president are grown ups and capable of keeping their fucking mouth shut.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, a newly elected President, of course. But a candidate?
I think it's pretty standard. Both candidates need to be prepared on day 1 to do whatever needs doing, so they start getting the briefings a bit earlier.

I don't think they're getting the absolute highest sensitivity stuff though.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Noon: Briefing

1:30: Trump finally tells us the truth about area 51.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Says who?

New England
The Mid Atlantic
Florida
The West Coast
The Great Lakes States
The states where the wall would be going
Georgia and quite possibly Texas before all is said and done.

Also;
Logic
Reality
Common Sense
The hopes and dreams of everyone under the age of 70

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Says who?

New England
The Mid Atlantic
Florida
The West Coast
The Great Lakes States
The states where the wall would be going
Georgia and quite possibly Texas before all is said and done.

Also;
Logic
Reality
Common Sense
The hopes and dreams of everyone under the age of 70

I don't know why they call it common sense 'cause it sure ain't all that common...

Status
Not open for further replies.