• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coffee talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here in VA, it's going to be close. I feel there's equal support on both sides. I really wanted to see Kasich go further. I think out of everyone on the GOP side, I could have voted for him. I think a lot of Dems or left leaning peeps would have too.

My only hope for this election is the two party system gets dismantled.

+1 Kasich/Hillary would have been a tough choice... but the GOP is run by crazy these days. I miss the bookkeeping, tight-belted Republicans. The new/crazy/racist Republicans are bad for both parties and the country.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It can be hard to tell with NC. There's so much derp floating around at the state level (thank you ridiculous gerrymandering), but NC is pretty much the definition of a purple state right now when it comes to statewide elections.

They just held a special election trying to "legalize" gerrymandering here in central Ohio.

It lost 78-22%. And they voted on a Tuesday in August to defeat it.

I'll say it again, people here pay attention.

Here in VA, it's going to be close. I feel there's equal support on both sides. I really wanted to see Kasich go further. I think out of everyone on the GOP side, I could have voted for him. I think a lot of Dems or left leaning peeps would have too.

My only hope for this election is the two party system gets dismantled.

^This. Provided it doesn't take the whole country with it.

+1 Kasich/Hillary would have been a tough choice... but the GOP is run by crazy these days. I miss the bookkeeping, tight-belted Republicans. The new/crazy/racist Republicans are bad for both parties and the country.

Kasich is dangerous. I can assure you of that. That said, he is the most moderate of the people that stood up at the start. Which is crazy.

I just wish we could have a genuine, honest Social Liberal / Fiscal Moderate (to Conservative). You can't seem to have socially liberal without it being someone who thinks money can just be printed. Same, you can't have someone who thinks we should be sane with money who doesn't also think Jesus had a pet dinosaur.

I've always believed that there are 10% wing nuts on either side, and 80% of the country who may disagree on certain things, but ultimately we're not all that different. But to get elected, you have to play to the wingnuts. Wish someone could appeal to that 80 and actually win.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've always believed that there are 10% wing nuts on either side, and 80% of the country who may disagree on certain things, but ultimately we're not all that different. But to get elected, you have to play to the wingnuts. Wish someone could appeal to that 80 and actually win.
Somebody apparently hasn't visited the politics forum recently.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

dd1d5e99c5c870fb8204b3f88e7d0649.jpg

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
call me a horrible human but Im hoping he got more than the "baby oil in the boiling water" treatment (not a euphemism - lol)

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
call me a horrible human but Im hoping he got more than the "baby oil in the boiling water" treatment (not a euphemism - lol)

Hey, a horrible human but Im hoping he got more than the "baby oil in the boiling water" treatment.

Geesh, Jstew is not good at nicknames.

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Did it not work ?

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
where is this guy's judgment?

giphy.gif

I do find it very funny that Malania's nudes surfaced recently,
and the biggest story to come from it is that the timing of the modelling shoot probably makes her an illegal immigrant at the time
also, Malania's nudes from her younger years have surfaced recently.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howard County extends state of emergency after flood

Thank God for bad publicity, otherwise how would Comcast know what the "right thing" was?

Comcast is apologizing after reports that at least one business affected by last week’s flood in Ellicott City was being charged $600 for an early termination fee after seeking to cancel its services.

The apology came after the owners of Park Ridge Trading Co. turned to social media to express their frustration over the initial early termination fee.

“Comcast is unbelievable,” Park Ridge Trading Co. posted on Facebook. “They are charging the destroyed businesses an ‘early termination’ fee (about $600), and are insisting on charging for this past week although no services are being provided. They also are insisting on our signing an agreement to pay the fee before they will even consider turning off the nonexistent service. There should be a special place in hell for business owners who try to capitalize on the misery of others."

Comcast spokeswoman Eliza Findley said the company is following up with affected customers and will waive any early termination fees.

I spent many a great day in Ellicott City. My Grandmother's sister (Great Aunt for me, I guess, dunno) lived there and one of my Mom's cousins raised his family there. Mrs 43's college roomate's mom had a store there for 20 years.

They had all moved on from EC before this, but it's always on my list to visit when I go back. Great shops and restaurants.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The anagrammer 2000 has weighed in.

Odd Rant Lump
vs
Nylon Chili Art

Add in the running mates (last names):

Recent Pump
vs
I Canon Tinkle

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
538 now puts Hillary at an 86.6% chance of winning the election. She's got better than 50% odds to win Georgia and Arizona. And she's at 75% odds or better in nearly all the swing states like OH, NC, CO, WI, etc.

So Trump has to hold GA and AZ and then reverse NC, VA, OH, WI, IA, CO, and NM... And he'd still lose. Quite a mountain to climb.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im sure there will be a hack yet to be released that will mysteriously emerge closer to election day which will hurt Clinton :noidea:

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
538 now puts Hillary at an 86.6% chance of winning the election. She's got better than 50% odds to win Georgia and Arizona. And she's at 75% odds or better in nearly all the swing states like OH, NC, CO, WI, etc.

So Trump has to hold GA and AZ and then reverse NC, VA, OH, WI, IA, CO, and NM... And he'd still lose. Quite a mountain to climb.

I don't know if it will be a Walter Mondale type blowout eloco, but I don't think it will be very close at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.