• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coffee talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Q3yRlLd.jpg

Stupid Jacksonville.

So stupid that it looks just like Cleveland and all the Trump supporters are wearing Cleveland Cavaliers colors.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stupid Jacksonville.

So stupid that it looks just like Cleveland and all the Trump supporters are wearing Cleveland Cavaliers colors.
That color is a mix of Gator fans and Seminole fans.

Jacksonville is the capital of southern Georgia. It's one of the few metropolitan areas of more than 1 million people that is red and not blue.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That color is a mix of Gator fans and Seminole fans.

Jacksonville is the capital of southern Georgia. It's one of the few metropolitan areas of more than 1 million people that is red and not blue.

That picture is actually the Cleveland Cavaliers championship parade.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
help me out here guys ... that Katrina Pierson person ... who the fuck is she ? ... every time she speaks she says something stupid ... was she on trumps apprentice show? ... is she the lady in that viral video who applied 100 layers of foundation on her face? ... is she being groomed to be Donalds next wife?

The funny thing is that The Donald would have fired himself for the awful judgment from all this. All he had to say from jump street is "I'm concerned about terrorism and protecting our country, but I honor this family and their son for their service and sacrifice. I haven't had to sacrifice like they have and as Commander in Chief I will make sure that decisions regarding those sacrifices are not taken lightly."

Respect the family, pivot the issue. It's honestly SO fucking easy. But instead he...
-Attacked the mom for not speaking... and was wrong
-Attacked the dad for supporting Sharia Law.... he doesn't
-Attacked Clinton and Obama for changing the rules of war... a war Obama was not yet a Senator for and that was started by a Republican President

So, there is his bigotry, which is gross. And there is the repeated using of rumors - "we've heard that...", "there are reports that..." - as facts, which is just irresponsible and hardly Presidential. But outside of those two concerning things, where is this guy's judgment?

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know, but it looks like a mixture of, well, you get it.

By the way, one of the projections I saw has Georgia perhaps leaning blue.

Georgia.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Georgia.
I think it's still definitely leaning red, but it's getting closer for sure. Five Thirty Eight has it as about 61-38 odds that Trump still carries it. I think it would need to move more into the 55-45 range before they'd move it into true toss-up territory.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's still definitely leaning red, but it's getting closer for sure. Five Thirty Eight has it as about 61-38 odds that Trump still carries it. I think it would need to move more into the 55-45 range before they'd move it into true toss-up territory.

I was looking more at the "now-cast" there. Shows it as pale a pink as I've ever imagined I could see it. If election was today it's a toss up. And if he insults Pecans on Peaches... FORGET IT!

So is NC feeling as blue as 538 seems to think it is in most models?

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Georgia.
Romney won Georgia in 2012 53% to Obama's 45%. The only state Romney carried with a narrower margin of victory was NC.

McCain also only carried GA by 5% in 2008.

Not at all surprising to see that GA might be inching ever closer to blue in order to avoid Agent Orange.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was looking more at the "now-cast" there. Shows it as pale a pink as I've ever imagined I could see it. If election was today it's a toss up. And if he insults Pecans on Peaches... FORGET IT!

So is NC feeling as blue as 538 seems to think it is in most models?
I'm feeling pretty blue...

Oh wait, that's not what you meant, is it?

I'm not really sure. I try to stab myself in the eyes and/or ears whenever any political ads show up on TV. And believe me, we'll be getting a TON of them because we're a presidential swing state and we have an extremely tight governor's race (by many measures, the tightest (hehe) in the country) and a semi-tight Senate race.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm feeling pretty blue...

Oh wait, that's not what you meant, is it?

I'm not really sure. I try to stab myself in the eyes and/or ears whenever any political ads show up on TV. And believe me, we'll be getting a TON of them because we're a presidential swing state and we have an extremely tight governor's race (by many measures, the tightest (hehe) in the country) and a semi-tight Senate race.

I feel that pain. The ads here are just crazy as well.

The democrats and libertarians here hate Trump. The republicans here love Kasich, ergo they hate Trump because Trump hates Kasich. Most polls are showing a 60 - 38% lead for Clinton. Doesn't feel that close but then again Columbus is radically Liberal.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The democrats and libertarians here hate Trump. The republicans here love Kasich, ergo they hate Trump because Trump hates Kasich. Most polls are showing a 60 - 38% lead for Clinton. Doesn't feel that close but then again Columbus is radically Liberal.
It can be hard to tell with NC. There's so much derp floating around at the state level (thank you ridiculous gerrymandering), but NC is pretty much the definition of a purple state right now when it comes to statewide elections.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also forgot to mention how nasty the ads - especially for the governorship - are going to get. They're going to get really nasty because of how close things are.

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Here in VA, it's going to be close. I feel there's equal support on both sides. I really wanted to see Kasich go further. I think out of everyone on the GOP side, I could have voted for him. I think a lot of Dems or left leaning peeps would have too.

My only hope for this election is the two party system gets dismantled.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, but those are win odds. Trump has only a 2-point lead in that state. Certainly toss up territory.

And it's Georgia!

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but those are win odds. Trump has only a 2-point lead in that state. Certainly toss up territory.

And it's Georgia!
Yeah, the numbers are close, but the actual odds of winning are still pretty far off. Especially if you switch to the Polls-Plus, which is more like 75-25 odds.

Things can change for sure, but right now it's still looking like Trump carries Georgia. NC on the other hand is at 50.1 vs. 49.9 in Polls-Plus for Trump, so it's probably safe to say we're the closest state out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.