• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coffee talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RIP Christopher Lee

93 is not too bad! What a great career! A part of so many iconic franchises. Hammer films, Lord Of The Rings, Star Wars, Sherlock Holmes movies, and numerous Tim Burton movies.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RIP Christopher Lee

93 is not too bad! What a great career! A part of so many iconic franchises. Hammer films, Lord Of The Rings, Star Wars, Sherlock Holmes movies, and numerous Tim Burton movies.
James Bond villain too.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lee-dracula.jpg

It is weird timing on his passing. I was with a couple of friends over the weekend, and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory was on that the kids were watching. Lee plays Wonka's dad in the Burton film and we were talking about what a legendary actor Lee is.

:rip:

One of the best ever

edit/ I read a bio of him recently that said Lee would annually read the entirety of the Lord of the Rings books. That's pretty freakin' cool, IMO.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's unfortunate that I received the message that the media can not be played :(

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adrienne Barbeau is 70 years young today...

/And then there's Maude (lol)
//She looked quite fine in Cannonball Run

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright, geeks. Question:

Roku / Apple TV / Fire TV / Chrome Cast... any opinions on any of them? Pros / Cons / things to watch out for.

One function I rate high is the ability to show things from my laptop to my TV. And I don't typically use Apple products, I hear the Apple TV is finicky if using Windows or the Penguin.

Any input is appreciated.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Swamp Thing was a wonderful movie that was rated PG so therefore it could be shown during the day on cable TV in the 80s. Plus it was on all the time. So when I had to stay with my grandparents (in my house we didn't get cable until much later) they would let us watch TV and we got to see Barbeau's breasts. For some reason even though it was PG there was still a pretty good nude scene. Same with The Beastmaster - Tanya Roberts naked bathing in a waterfall. I used to know a third one as well too but I cannot think of it now.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright, geeks. Question:

Roku / Apple TV / Fire TV / Chrome Cast... any opinions on any of them? Pros / Cons / things to watch out for.

One function I rate high is the ability to show things from my laptop to my TV. And I don't typically use Apple products, I hear the Apple TV is finicky if using Windows or the Penguin.

Any input is appreciated.
Roku. Every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

If you're using a newer Android device there is an option to mirror your screen to the Roku.

And it has every app imaginable and then some and the best search function of them all.

Second I would say is FireTV, but it tries to direct you a bit heavily into Amazon content, even though it supports Netflix, etc.

Chromecast is a cool option, but still needs a bit more work, IMO, and Apple TV is, like most Apple products, a more expensive product that does less.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roku. Every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

If you're using a newer Android device there is an option to mirror your screen to the Roku.

And it has every app imaginable and then some and the best search function of them all.

Second I would say is FireTV, but it tries to direct you a bit heavily into Amazon content, even though it supports Netflix, etc.

Chromecast is a cool option, but still needs a bit more work, IMO, and Apple TV is, like most Apple products, a more expensive product that does less.

theyve dropped the price on apple tv lately havent they or was this just a costco thing?

apple airplay is definitely finicky

Im just glad that apple tv gives me the ability to change the dns settings so i can get US netflix because without that it would be nothing but a paperweight

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Attention Syfy:

Florida: Truck Carrying 4 Sharks Get Into Highway Accident

!
Send me $307.48 and I will start working on the "script" now.

Hotah was wondering why it was taking so long to get to the arena to see his beloved Coyotes play. As he dangled his arm out his car window drumming his fingers impatiently he thought his day could not get much worse. His day was about to get much worse. Much much worse.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Attention Syfy:

Florida: Truck Carrying 4 Sharks Get Into Highway Accident

!
Send me $307.48 and I will start working on the "script" now.

Hotah was wondering why it was taking so long to get to the arena to see his beloved Coyotes play. As he dangled his arm out his car window drumming his fingers impatiently he thought his day could not get much worse. His day was about to get much worse. Much much worse.

You know the Sharks were tempting fate playing this late into June...

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
theyve dropped the price on apple tv lately havent they or was this just a costco thing?

apple airplay is definitely finicky

Im just glad that apple tv gives me the ability to change the dns settings so i can get US netflix because without that it would be nothing but a paperweight
May have dropped it ahead of a pending update, I'm not really sure.

I know that both the Roku 2 and 3 were given recent refreshes. The 2 is generally classified as the best bang-for-the-buck option and the 3 as the best overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.