• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coffee talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always thought these stories were made up until this happened to me.

After what has been a horrible week of traffic I must have been visibly losing it in my car this morning. I was on a stretch of road where they are doing massive roadwork. They didn't remove a lane in this area but instead narrowed each lane by a few feet. Doing this on a stretch that goes around a corner. Guess where the accidents and back ups are everyday?

Anyway, this morning after being virtually stopped for 10 minutes it must have been obvious I was close to losing it. The woman in the car next to me must have noticed. I think she shouted to me numerous times before I woke from my angry cloud. I looked over at her and she said "It's OK" and smiled at me. She wasn't beautiful or anything, and admittedly I'm no Colin Hanks, but she had a smile that really lit up her Ford Fiesta.

Weird thing about smiles, when I was a teen and in my 20s a nice smile was way down on my list of things I noticed on a woman. Now its often near the top.

Anyway I smiled backed and mouthed a "thank you" and we continued to inch forward. Next time we stopped she yelled "hey" and when I looked over she lifted her shirt. She was wearing a bra but it was still a nice sight. I was distracted enough that it took me a second to react when some guy, presumably her partner in crime, opened my passenger side door and grabbed my wallet and phone off the passenger seat and ran off. By the time I turned to look back at her she had stopped allowing other cars to pull in front of her so I couldn't really do or say anything. The jokes on them though, I got to see her rack and they made off with my for show wallet (which I carry in case of mugging - containing 3 dollars and a Roy Rogers Buckaroo Club Membership card) and a burner cell phone. TGIF indeed!

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good news. The raise I asked about on 4-17 is still in the review process but I did get an email requesting my jacket size because the company is giving us all jackets. Everything is coming up roses.

#blessed

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good news. The raise I asked about on 4-17 is still in the review process but I did get an email requesting my jacket size because the company is giving us all jackets. Everything is coming up roses.

#blessed

42 tall?

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think/hope they mean outdoor jackets and want to know s, m, l, or xl. If not I might have failed some sort of test.

If its a dress jacket I hope it has a tail. I'm classy like that.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

#blessed

Just in time for the cold weather too.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bikers Urged To Bring Guns To "Draw Muhammad" Contest Outside Mosque

clarkson-what-could-possibly-go-wrong.jpg

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well at least its nice to see the bikers have a new hangout after they closed Twin Peaks restaurant

maybe the mosque can kickstart a business venture out of this dangerous situation and capitalize on the biker gang presence ... open a restaurant on premises ??? ... call it Hijab Hills?

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice, its kind of like the paint night thing bars have here except instead of painting mountains and flowers, you draw redacted by mod.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll betcha that puts Big Bird on WW's Watch List.

I'm sure he's already on the No Fly List.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slow day here at work so I just put signs on the cafeteria refrigerators stating "Effective immediately, all food left in refrigerators at 5 pm will be tossed DAILY."

Now I will just back and see what happens.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I popped into Starbucks this morning for my daily cup and the guy ahead of me attempted to pay for his coffee with a $100 bill. The barista behind the counter said the bill was too large and asked for a smaller denomination. The guy said that's all he had and the barista replied that she couldn't change it for him. He started getting angry when I piped up with "I'll get your coffee for you (it was $2.35 with tax).

/I wonder if that $100 bill was funny money.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I popped into Starbucks this morning for my daily cup and the guy ahead of me attempted to pay for his coffee with a $100 bill. The barista behind the counter said the bill was too large and asked for a smaller denomination. The guy said that's all he had and the barista replied that she couldn't change it for him. He started getting angry when I piped up with "I'll get your coffee for you (it was $2.35 with tax).

Saw almost that exact situation myself once. The only difference is that the girl working the register told me that the guy was the very first customer of the day.

/Was out of town for business and didn't realize when I walked in that the place had just opened about 1 minute earlier.

//He didn't get any coffee and I was happy about it. Also gave the girl working the register a nice tip for not being afraid to tell the guy he was being unreasonable.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boy am I pissed off. This morning someone changed my work entrance music to Diana Ross's "I'm Coming Out" and the whole walk from the front door to my desk people were laughing at me. I bet it was Jenkins from operations.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boy am I pissed off. This morning someone changed my work entrance music to Diana Ross's "I'm Coming Out" and the whole walk from the front door to my desk people were laughing at me. I bet it was Jenkins from operations.

It could be worse comeds, you could be a MLB player with this walk-up music as you stride to the plate...

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can read his mind. "please....kill...me...."

wings-pens2166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I call BS on this story...

....where the hell you getting a Starbucks coffee for $2.35!!

Status
Not open for further replies.