• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coffee talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Such a shame.

Not sure many actors could have pulled off the Roger Rabbit performance. He did it perfectly, much like the other roles he had. He always put his best into it.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dammit! Hollywood Game Night isn't on tonight. What will I watch now?

higgyfan4

Bossman you'll be missed
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10292221_10152117341098581_1200204728434442389_n.jpg

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets see - last night there was a double OT playoff game and a baseball doubleheader with the 2nd going to extra innings. Sleepy today. Happy but sleepy. 2nd cup of coffee and second helping of meth, both seem to be working.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A weird think happened on the way to work this morning. Coming out of the tunnel onto an elevated stretch of 95 there was, not unsurprisingly, a traffic jam. A total dead stop. Some of the cars in front of me turned slightly as they were coming to a stop so there was a small area between the cars to move around in. A lot of drivers got out of their cars and there was some sharing of coffee and donuts. It was nice.

Soon someone brought out a radio and started playing Young MC’s “Bust A Move”. When that happened people formed a circle and began dancing. I wasn’t going to, but some brunette kept smiling at me so I jumped in and jokingly did a bit of the old Cabbage Patch dance. When that song ended the next one was Bleachers “I Want To Get Better”, a tune the kids are listening to. There was more dancing and laughter.

After that some guy with a soul patch, (people called him Soul Patch Sam) brought out an acoustic guitar and began playing. I momentarily thought about jumping off the overpass to my death but the brunette, Rachel, took my hand and pulled me into her VW Golf where over the sounds of bad acoustic guitar and horns blaring, and over the smell of exhaust and smog our two bodies became one. Now before you judge me, it’s pretty much a well-known fact that hooking up in traffic jams is not cheating. We didn’t use protection and soon afterwards she told me she was pregnant. Rachel seemed to be a great person so I welcomed the news. Little Jimmy was born seemingly soon after and has been a great kid.

So time passed, we had good times and bad, a few health scares here and there but things were good overall. This very morning we sat Jimmy down and asked him what he was going to do after his upcoming graduation. Whether he was going to go to college (no pressure) and where or was he going to do something else.

Then we heard a noise. Cars started moving. We all began to say our goodbyes. I opened a car door for “Soul Patch Sam” (someone had broken his fingers long ago) and said good bye. I hugged Rachel and little Jimmy and walked to my car. Feeling her eyes on me I danced a bit of the Cabbage Patch, for old times sakes. Through smiles and tears I told her “We’ll always have I95”. I watched her drive away and then I started my car and began to drive too. I waved a quick goodbye to Jimmy and a bunch of other traffic jam refugee kids standing confused on the shoulder of the road and then I drove to work.

Luckily my boss wasn’t in yet so no one knows I was late. Whew.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are one strange dude comeds (and I mean that in a most complimentary fashion).

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are one strange dude comeds (and I mean that in a most complimentary fashion).

Baltimore traffic jams have that effect on people.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was cycling in this morning, and I decided to turn left off the road I was on to another one, since I had an opening to get into the left lane, and it would cut down the time it took to get into work. I had just passed a motorcycle cop about 500 yards back, wished him a good morning, and I noticed as I made my last lane change (signalling, of course, I like to be a good cyclist in that respect), I saw him pull out with his lights flashing. I had come to rest in the turning lane, with one car behind me, and the cop, lights still flashing, right behind that car. I was a bit nervous, because I hadn't stayed in each lane for the required 100 ft. before signalling and moving over. I simply didn't have room. My roommate got pulled over for that (not on a bike) last year, so I know cops will target it. Anyway, I made my left turn, and the car and cop passed me. Thankfully, he was after the car behind me, but I thought for a bit I was going to get my first ever ticket, and it would be on a bicycle.

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was cycling in this morning, and I decided to turn left off the road I was on to another one, since I had an opening to get into the left lane, and it would cut down the time it took to get into work. I had just passed a motorcycle cop about 500 yards back, wished him a good morning, and I noticed as I made my last lane change (signalling, of course, I like to be a good cyclist in that respect), I saw him pull out with his lights flashing. I had come to rest in the turning lane, with one car behind me, and the cop, lights still flashing, right behind that car. I was a bit nervous, because I hadn't stayed in each lane for the required 100 ft. before signalling and moving over. I simply didn't have room. My roommate got pulled over for that (not on a bike) last year, so I know cops will target it. Anyway, I made my left turn, and the car and cop passed me. Thankfully, he was after the car behind me, but I thought for a bit I was going to get my first ever ticket, and it would be on a bicycle.

Were you, by any chance, on I-95?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last night after work, my roommate and I went for some beers at a bar not far from our house. We rode our bikes up and locked them up in the parking lot.

When we finished up a couple hours later, my roommate found his bike seat had been replaced. Not only had the thief taken his bike seat, they left another one, horrible in every way (ripped, hard, and broken so that it was about 30 degrees from flat) in its place.

I guess that's more courteous than just taking the seat... :noidea:

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last night after work, my roommate and I went for some beers at a bar not far from our house. We rode our bikes up and locked them up in the parking lot.

When we finished up a couple hours later, my roommate found his bike seat had been replaced. Not only had the thief taken his bike seat, they left another one, horrible in every way (ripped, hard, and broken so that it was about 30 degrees from flat) in its place.

Damn redneck truck drivers!

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't understand this story - nobody gets pregnant in it. Please revise.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
last season Eddie Lack posted a photo on twitter of a bike seat that someone jizzed on (alledgedly)

so things could have been worse darkstone :nod:

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, he wasn’t talking about Alex Semin. A photo accompanied his tweet which showed a bicycle seat splashed with spooge! For realz!! Lack emphatically claimed in a followup tweet that he did not do it.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are some pretty good looking bike seats out there, not that I advocate doing that.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did I mention that my car was broken into in Burnaby again last week? And that I am moving at the end of this month?

:D

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did I mention that my car was broken into in Burnaby again last week? And that I am moving at the end of this month?

:D

what area did you live in ? where ya going ?

/we're in capitol hill and i had my window smashed in my driveway overnight a couple months back ... I had a $7000 cheque for the receiver general on the front seat ... dude left it ... good to know he was dumber than I

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm moving a few blocks east of where I currently am (to a apt. building off of Kingsway and Royal Oak), but the building is only a couple of years old and it has secured parking (which is a big selling point considering that's two vehicles in three years that I have had to replace the passenger window).

Status
Not open for further replies.