• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coffee Talk VI: The Undiscovered Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, WTF is the Clinton Socks case?

For those who don’t know what Trump is talking about, Clinton asked Pulitzer Prize-winning historian Taylor Branch, a biographer of the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr., and a roommate of Clinton’s during George McGovern’s 1972 presidential campaign, to come to the White House 79 times for interviews during his presidency. The interviews, many of which took place late at night, would act as a personal diary for Clinton’s eight years in office as they were happening.

But Clinton was so worried that his staff would leak the audio of the personal records between him and Branch that the president kept the cassette tapes of the interviews hidden in his sock drawer. The tapes, which were taken by Clinton when he left office and never publicly released, were the basis for Branch’s 2009 book, “The Clinton Tapes,” about the Democrat’s tumultuous presidency. Branch mentioned that Clinton kept the tapes in his sock drawer while promoting the book.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ I don't know who this Joe Bidden guy is, but he sounds bad.

Also, WTF is the Clinton Socks case?
Socks_cat_1_0.JPG

"I'll take this one, I'm glad you asked...."

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Umm yeah Rosanne we all know Trump is Putin's bitch.

Also....

I can't be the only one who never found Roseanne funny, can I? Never watched a complete episode, though she was crass and kind of disgusting to be honest.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't be the only one who never found Roseanne funny, can I? Never watched a complete episode, though she was crass and kind of disgusting to be honest.
I wont completely disagree with you, and I am sure you are not the only one, but really early on I found her humor pretty funny. She had a viewpoint few others in comedy did. Even the first seasons of her show were different, a show about the struggles of a lower/middle class white family in the 80s was pretty different at the time.

I do think she went from breaking onto the scene to crazy narcissist diva really really quickly. And crazy.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wont completely disagree with you, and I am sure you are not the only one, but really early on I found her humor pretty funny. She had a viewpoint few others in comedy did. Even the first seasons of her show were different, a show about the struggles of a lower/middle class white family in the 80s was pretty different at the time.

I do think she went from breaking onto the scene to crazy narcissist diva really really quickly. And crazy.

I agree that she was certainly unique and different when she came on the scene which is likely why some people latched on and watched 'Roseanne'. Also, John Goodman is/was a very funny guy and I'm sure that didn't hurt either. I just couldn't get into that show mainly because of Roseanne though lol.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I thought her standup was okay mainly because as you said, she was saying shit no one else did at the time. So it seemed fresh.

And yeah, wheels fell off that wagon quick.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't Florida rely quite heavily on tourism?

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Helicopter rides to mars $249,999.99. Oxygen is extra

Status
Not open for further replies.