• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coffee Talk VI: The Undiscovered Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The viewport (window) manufacturer wouldn't certify below 1,300 meters, but it was the best they could find.
i.e. NO ONE would certify to 4,000 meters as you simply can't realistically test it.
Opens whichever manufacturer up to liability, and who in their right mind would do that?

but given how many pieces of this thing seem to have been McGuyver'd on, it wouldn't surprise me if this thing eventually squooshed.

the sounds they detected are a great sign - one report i heard said that they are pretty regular each half hour.
next step is just to:
1. actually find it,
2. get something there that can go however deep it needs to go
2a. that has a grabby attachment, and
2b. the horsepower to drag them both back up
3. by tomorrow morning
4. and have someone standing by with the proper Ikea wrench.
5. profit?

This line made me spit coffee all over my laptop.

/You bastard :D

problem is that Ikea makes you use your own tools for most things now... so I guess they stay in the tube...

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bill Hader Reaction GIF by Saturday Night Live

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and they will be there for all time. hopefully north korea will get their nukes working properly and just end it all. Im sick of all the lot

We've discussed it before, but there's no way a corrupt and criminal president like Trump should be able to keep all these Supreme Court justices that he appointed. Either that or Biden should expand the court and add a couple of appointments himself.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've discussed it before, but there's no way a corrupt and criminal president like Trump should be able to keep all these Supreme Court justices that he appointed. Either that or Biden should expand the court and add a couple of appointments himself.
Normally I would be against expanding the court, but given the nature of his appointments, given the amount of corruption, and given that they are lifetime appointments, I think they should expand it.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this just in from the german coast guard. they had contact with the Titan and released the footage before they lost contact. also just in Heinrick is no longer answering the coms

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am and am not taking this lightly. loss of life is of course horrific in conditions like this. that being said. they knowingly paid $250K each to desecrate a tomb of people who died an even more terrible fate over 100 years ago and they willingly chose to do this in a proven unsafe sub with a reckless company and its CEO at the helm.... .hopefully they get found which will then be turned into a movie

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am and am not taking this lightly. loss of life is of course horrific in conditions like this. that being said. they knowingly paid $250K each to desecrate a tomb of people who died an even more terrible fate over 100 years ago and they willingly chose to do this in a proven unsafe sub with a reckless company and its CEO at the helm.... .hopefully they get found which will then be turned into a movie

While I think they all made a stupid decision based on hubris and arrogance, I'm not buying the desecrating the tomb thing. Just going down to observe the most famous shipwreck in history does nothing to, or for, the people who died on the Titanic.

Dumbasses obviously did NOT do their homework though. I just hope none of the rescue missions go awry.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure if Trump was allowed to buy Greenland as he wanted to none of this would have happened. Now there will be five less (probably MAGA) voters. Sad.

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read that the Titan was being controlled by a Logictech controller similar to a video game joystick. I’m assuming that’s true

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are there still a lot of wildfires in Quebec? And the water depth where the sub went down is so deep its hurting the search.....hold on for a second, I have an idea

Status
Not open for further replies.