• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coffee Talk VI: The Undiscovered Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I know...going to hell but are they sure the banging noises they heard weren't from the guy f**king the tree?

Seriously all jokes aside all the folks who are part of the rescue effort I hope stay safe!

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the folks that complain about cancel culture are the ones doing all the cancelling - Also, wasn't his first doctrine about buying twitter was bringing back free speech on that platform :noidea:

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it doesn't make sense, but I have a feeling they are going to find the missing sub....and Julian Sands is going to be in it!

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the folks that complain about cancel culture are the ones doing all the cancelling - Also, wasn't his first doctrine about buying twitter was bringing back free speech on that platform :noidea:

I just don't understand why a bunch of, supposedly, straight men care about this stuff. To me it doesn't make a lick of difference to me or my family if trans people have drag shows or like to use pronouns. Why the fuck do these people waste their time bitching and moaning about it?

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is actually insane

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't understand why a bunch of, supposedly, straight men care about this stuff. To me it doesn't make a lick of difference to me or my family if trans people have drag shows or like to use pronouns. Why the fuck do these people waste their time bitching and moaning about it?

I think the answer is because that's all they have left - They don't want to introduce any new policies to help people, in fact, they're doing all they can to suppress people's rights including the right to vote and control over their bodies (abortion etc.). All they care about is keeping guns in people's hands and giving tax cuts to the wealthy, After that, you're on your own.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To people like him "free speech" means "I get to say what I want without consequence and anyone I disagree with can fuck off"

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another study showed that no women are interested in melon headed Charlie Kirk...

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

At the meeting Lochridge discovered why he had been denied access to the viewport information from the Engineering department—the viewport at the forward of the submersible was only built to a certified pressure of 1,300 meters, although OceanGate intended to take passengers down to depths of 4,000 meters. Lochridge learned that the viewport manufacturer would only certify to a depth of 1,300 meters due to experimental design of the viewport supplied by OceanGate, which was out of the Pressure Vessels for Human Occupancy (“PVHO”) standards. OceanGate refused to pay for the manufacturer to build a viewport that would meet the required depth of 4,000 meters.

No way to know how far down it got but the occupants are pretty much liquid.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are all afraid of getting caught with their Thai ladyboys.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another study showed that no women are interested in melon headed Charlie Kirk...

A study also shows that 100% of moms surveyed think he's a handsome boy and a "real catch"

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
72vwqqmhoc7b1.jpg

This is my shocked face

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Death, taxes and another Right wing Judge paid off by another billionaire.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Death, taxes and another Right wing Judge paid off by another billionaire.
Meanwhile right wingers want Hunter Biden executed and his dad fired for minor tax offenses (and gun charges but they for some reason aren't raging about that)

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1

At the meeting Lochridge discovered why he had been denied access to the viewport information from the Engineering department—the viewport at the forward of the submersible was only built to a certified pressure of 1,300 meters, although OceanGate intended to take passengers down to depths of 4,000 meters. Lochridge learned that the viewport manufacturer would only certify to a depth of 1,300 meters due to experimental design of the viewport supplied by OceanGate, which was out of the Pressure Vessels for Human Occupancy (“PVHO”) standards. OceanGate refused to pay for the manufacturer to build a viewport that would meet the required depth of 4,000 meters.

No way to know how far down it got but the occupants are pretty much liquid.
The viewport (window) manufacturer wouldn't certify below 1,300 meters, but it was the best they could find.
i.e. NO ONE would certify to 4,000 meters as you simply can't realistically test it.
Opens whichever manufacturer up to liability, and who in their right mind would do that?

but given how many pieces of this thing seem to have been McGuyver'd on, it wouldn't surprise me if this thing eventually squooshed.

the sounds they detected are a great sign - one report i heard said that they are pretty regular each half hour.
next step is just to:
1. actually find it,
2. get something there that can go however deep it needs to go
2a. that has a grabby attachment, and
2b. the horsepower to drag them both back up
3. by tomorrow morning
4. and have someone standing by with the proper Ikea wrench.
5. profit?

Status
Not open for further replies.