• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coffee Talk VI: The Undiscovered Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know, you see something stupid happening, or think you do, and sometimes there's nothing you can really do. A girl who was a good friend of mine in 11th and 12th grade reached out through FB about a year ago. I had not seen or talked to her for 30 years (no falling out, I just graduated a year earlier than her and we grew apart) but liked her years ago so we chatted back and forth a bit for a few days and I accepted her friend request.

About a year ago she shared on FB to everyone that she was in rehab, it sounded like for alcohol but I am not sure, and it seemed like she was doing well. Then earlier this year she began a cycle of posting how she found true love. For the next 3 or 4 days there would be 10 pictures of her and her "true love" and how they were taking it slow and it would last. Then a few days later there would be posts saying she was single. Rinse and repeat maybe 10-15* times this year.

About a week ago she posted pics of her new true love and how they were moving to Georgia. Even as I read that and saw pictures of her trip I knew it would not end well, just didn't know how bad. So, less than a week later I am seeing a bunch of posts how she passed away. No real details but a few "shes at peace now" posts leads me to believe she took her own life. And then all of her friends and family who seemed like they were actually in her life posting "oh she seemed so happy deciding to move". Really guys? You don't see a pattern here? You encouraged this move idea? You can't see a breakup coming except this time shes alone in a new city by herself?

Oh well. RIP Lisa

*at least one was a rehab counselor :ohwell:

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fvo1CJKWcAM9o_v.jpg

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The New York Post can eff right off with the 9/11 comparison...

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who knew maple syrup was so flammable?

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't recall Canadian papers getting all pissy when all that California and Oregon wildfire smoke blanketed Vancouver for two weeks in 2020.

Me neither - Also, I don't have a problem with it aside with throwing in the 9/11 stuff. I guess people have short memories and don't remember how many American lives were saved by the good people of Newfoundland keeping an airport open during that dreadful day.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was offline for a while and wondered why all of the sudden I was feeling happier.

It must have been the fact that piece of shit Pat Robertson died.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was offline for a while and wondered why all of the sudden I was feeling happier.

It must have been the fact that piece of shit Pat Robertson died.
I understand he died because he had an impure thought about a drag queen.

Status
Not open for further replies.