• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coffee Talk VI: The Undiscovered Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and that's just the Facts of Life

nobody-has-the-right-to-tell-snybody-how-to-live-their-life-charlotte-rae.gif

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's really gonna give up 450million potential customers because they want him to agree to try and ensure people on his platform tell the truth?

The agreement is not legally binding, at least not yet. But if the EU makes it law, Twitter will be banned or start to incur massive, massive fines. All because they want him to tell the truth. Madness.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's really gonna give up 450million potential customers because they want him to agree to try and ensure people on his platform tell the truth?

The agreement is not legally binding, at least not yet. But if the EU makes it law, Twitter will be banned or start to incur massive, massive fines. All because they want him to tell the truth. Madness.
insanity... and your montreal avatar is also confusing

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
insanity... and your montreal avatar is also confusing
KEEP YOUR EYE ON DA PUCK

Wanted to get rid of Jarmo, and that was the funniest hockey related picture I had.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meanwhile, in France:

It's not a blanket "Imprison them all" like I would have hoped, but it does give them rules around promoting dangerous stuff like antivaxxing.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wait until people discover (many have already) that Tesla make crappy cars.
'
Between his overpayment and slow ruining of Twitter, the fact that he's soon to be legitimately competing with every car company in the world, the alienation of his core buyers (urban, upper middle class, liberal), and the general disdain of his personality, his wealth is going to tumble this decade. It couldn't happen to a more deserving douchebag.

Also, I like that they called the article "bye, bye birdie." Really reaching out to that 18-35 demo. ;)

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yes, statistically confirmed by Consumer Report's reliability ratings (published in November 2022):

cr-reliability-2022.jpg

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not surprised Jeep is so low but Chevy/GMC seems lower than expected. and what the hell happened to Mercedez?

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gee shocked Dave Ramsey is a fraud.

BTW...those time-share exit companies are as big of frauds as time-shares themselves.

And for shits and gigs (yeah @elocomotive another phrase that I am reaching to our younger audience :D ) I did a friend a favor and attended one of these Dave Ramsey finance seminars recently. He was hosting it at his church (note: i didn't catch on fire when I entered) and needed to get numbers to justify the seminar.

The person running it gave some of the most unrealistic scenarios to help save money. They literally gave an example of a single guy in his 40's earning over 100k and the amount of money he put away and then retired at 45.

But I get high level where they are coming from about spending cash and paying down debts but the one item they mentioned was the fact to give 10% of your wages to the church to help lower your tax bracket.
So my question back to them..what if I give 10% to the charity of my choice instead? Got nothing but crickets.....

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not surprised Jeep is so low but Chevy/GMC seems lower than expected. and what the hell happened to Mercedez?
All Jeeps suck even the Wranglers but at least the Wranglers have resale value.

Mercedes from what I am told is they became the modern Jaguar.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All Jeeps suck even the Wranglers but at least the Wranglers have resale value.

Mercedes from what I am told is they became the modern Jaguar.

they owned by Ford too :)

My dad bought my mom a used Jaguar back in the 80s. Great looking car inside and out but had a cracked frame. My dad went through hell and back to get that car returned but eventually was able to do it, part of the deal was that he buy another from that lot that was a Fiero... absolutely ridiculous car but holy shit that thing was a rocket. Pure Power and Speed for a little car

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We leased an A250 for my wife to drive to work in 2019. We were just looking for something small and utilitarian as her commute was only 5km. The transmission on that thing is trash ... so jerky. Its going back.

We had hoped there would be more electric options available by this time. There are ... but still the wait on anything hybrid or with a battery looks to be 18 months in these parts (according to the Toyota and Lexus salespeople we talked to yesterday) I think thats why Tesla still has the market right now. The other automakers dont have the availability like Tesla does.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they owned by Ford too :)

My dad bought my mom a used Jaguar back in the 80s. Great looking car inside and out but had a cracked frame. My dad went through hell and back to get that car returned but eventually was able to do it, part of the deal was that he buy another from that lot that was a Fiero... absolutely ridiculous car but holy shit that thing was a rocket. Pure Power and Speed for a little car
My dad was a mechanic and worked at many different dealers. At one time for a short period worked at a Saab dealer.
They had a running inside joke with those cars. Every time someone bought one they would say "There goes another Saab story".

As for the Fiero's they were fun little cars but were essentially plastic death traps. With the mid-engine I do remember they were a bitch to work on.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We leased an A250 for my wife to drive to work in 2019. We were just looking for something small and utilitarian as her commute was only 5km. The transmission on that thing is trash ... so jerky. Its going back.

We had hoped there would be more electric options available by this time. There are ... but still the wait on anything hybrid or with a battery looks to be 18 months in these parts (according to the Toyota and Lexus salespeople we talked to yesterday) I think thats why Tesla still has the market right now. The other automakers dont have the availability like Tesla does.
Neighbor who works for Ford has purchased a Ford E-mach and F-150 lightning.
He loves the E-mach and says don't waste your money on the F-150.
The downside to his E-mach is range as he has one of the earlier models but he still gets around 200 - 240 miles per charge. The F-150 is useless if you want to haul anything, Ford didn't do a good job with managing payload in it.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My dad was a mechanic and worked at many different dealers. At one time for a short period worked at a Saab dealer.
They had a running inside joke with those cars. Every time someone bought one they would say "There goes another Saab story".

As for the Fiero's they were fun little cars but were essentially plastic death traps. With the mid-engine I do remember they were a bitch to work on.
lol. I used to work at a petro canada during grade 12. Mechanic was the owners brothers (married to their cousins ....not kidding) he rebuilt a Fiero engine and transmission and I will always remember him coming into the cashier area to talk to the owner with a small box with items clanking around

"Neils, I finished the fiero but there are parts left over, is that ok?"

We all just stared in disbelief.

a few weeks later he was working on his brothers 49 Ford (similar to the below one but baby blue) just a beautiful truck with all original parts.. he put it up on the hoist and had the hoist corner under the muffler. got about 6 feet in the air when it teetered and tottered and can crashing down on his tool box destroying the front grill... all he was upset about was not being able to get to his tools.

man that was something to see, I felt a little bad for the owner but then I remember he made us water the plants outside when it was raining.... my buddy would water them with gas after that lol ....

1957-ford-f-100-custom-cab-pickup-truck-1539886062.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.