• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coffee Talk VI: The Undiscovered Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Yuengling any good?

/I've never tried it.
It's fine. I never purposely drink it but if at a party or someplace that has it I like it well enough. I'm still surprised that some people who move out of the area really seem to miss it.

I never really liked Heineken. To me it had a decent first taste followed by a really odd aftertaste. Same with Rolling Rock. A couple years ago my brother forced me to try a Heineken Light. Might be the worst light beer I've ever had. All odd aftertaste.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that they’re gonna try their hardest to blame Trump for this but when your own NTSB head is saying your argument is bullshit I think it might be time to change tact.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that they’re gonna try their hardest to blame Trump for this but when your own NTSB head is saying your argument is bullshit I think it might be time to change tact.

There is more to that thread vs that last tweet above.

Like this:

That was part of the point we discussed in the past weeks and what should actually be deemed as hazardous materials.

Now she is alluding to now is letting the NTSB do it's job and find the actual root cause.
And yes Deregulation is and will always cause some sort of environmental issues because companies find it too expensive to prevent vs react if it happens.

My hope is they come out of this with better enforcement along with better regulations for transportation of materials.

And as we all know going off what a politician says on TV is laughable at best they are all going to blame someone else to make themselves look better for the camera.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And going by the 9 classifications not sure why they all don't require the proper braking system.

• Class 1: Explosives.
  • Class 2: Gases.
  • Class 3: Flammable and Combustible Liquids.
  • Class 4: Flammable Solids.
  • Class 5: Oxidizing Substances, Organic Peroxides.
  • Class 6: Toxic Substances and Infectious Substances.
  • Class 7: Radioactive Materials.
  • Class 8: Corrosives.
  • Class 9: Miscellaneous Hazardous Materials.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is more to that thread vs that last tweet above.

Like this:

That was part of the point we discussed in the past weeks and what should actually be deemed as hazardous materials.

Now she is alluding to now is letting the NTSB do it's job and find the actual root cause.
And yes Deregulation is and will always cause some sort of environmental issues because companies find it too expensive to prevent vs react if it happens.

My hope is they come out of this with better enforcement along with better regulations for transportation of materials.

And as we all know going off what a politician says on TV is laughable at best they are all going to blame someone else to make themselves look better for the camera.
Right, I understand that but that goes beyond Trump-era deregulation toward regulation that never existed.

If there was a completely red-handed action here that you could pin to Trump and say “see, this shit is why you don’t vote a moron into the White House”, go right ahead. To keep saying it despite having nothing to go on is just the kind of shit people like him said was “ruining our democracy” when Trump was in.

In short, it might’ve been a bad idea to make the mayor of the 4th-largest city in Indiana the Secretary of Transportation lol

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, I understand that but that goes beyond Trump-era deregulation toward regulation that never existed.

If there was a completely red-handed action here that you could pin to Trump and say “see, this shit is why you don’t vote a moron into the White House”, go right ahead. To keep saying it despite having nothing to go on is just the kind of shit people like him said was “ruining our democracy” when Trump was in.

In short, it might’ve been a bad idea to make the mayor of the 4th-largest city in Indiana the Secretary of Transportation lol
I get where you are coming from but acting like this something that was done just to Trump is BS also, that nonsense has been going on a lot longer.

As for who the Secretary is, unfortunately isn't relevant. This disaster was going to happen no matter what they are going to blame whoever they want on TV as long as it isn't themselves.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brian Lilley always there to carry water for the CPC. Fortunately, people are wise to his bs.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get where you are coming from but acting like this something that was done just to Trump is BS also, that nonsense has been going on a lot longer.

As for who the Secretary is, unfortunately isn't relevant. This disaster was going to happen no matter what they are going to blame whoever they want on TV as long as it isn't themselves.
Oh Trump’s entire shtick for 4 years was “the disastrous economy left me by Obama” lol (and Hillary, for whatever reason). And Obama's was Bush. Trudeau still blames Stephen Harper for stuff 8 years later. So forth. And that's fine but I think in a disaster people just kind of want help and their initial slow-dance with this crash is what opened the window for Republicans to politicize it and now that the administration is playing catchup I think they're going with the wrong strategy in trying to pin this on Trump.

And it's relevant in that the federal response was on him and like when he took off to Portugal during the union negotiations or when air travel hit the skids at the busiest time of the year he seems to have no idea wtf he's doing. Like come on, if this was Elaine Chow the wall to wall coverage on her disaster would be endless lol

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brian Lilley always there to carry water for the CPC. Fortunately, people are wise to his bs.

Anytime it looks like Justin might finally get a big problem he can't wiggle out of these people find a way to roll themselves back in the shit.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh Trump’s entire shtick for 4 years was “the disastrous economy left me by Obama” lol (and Hillary, for whatever reason). And Obama's was Bush. Trudeau still blames Stephen Harper for stuff 8 years later. So forth. And that's fine but I think in a disaster people just kind of want help and their initial slow-dance with this crash is what opened the window for Republicans to politicize it and now that the administration is playing catchup I think they're going with the wrong strategy in trying to pin this on Trump.

And it's relevant in that the federal response was on him and like when he took off to Portugal during the union negotiations or when air travel hit the skids at the busiest time of the year he seems to have no idea wtf he's doing. Like come on, if this was Elaine Chow the wall to wall coverage on her disaster would be endless lol
And if Chow was overseeing this disaster I don't blame people for covering 24x7. Pete isn't getting let off easily here either.

But you also have to take into account, and applaud this NTSB director can call his BS. Then in turn didn't get fired or had to quit unlike the prior "yes man" presidency. With her final course of action writing a book about their horrible experience working there.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how does the whitehouse not have the power to overturn these things?
They don't really have jurisdiction over state's matters unless some federal law is broken or a state level law is deemed unconstitutional. And with Beer Goggles Brett, Clarence the Pubesman and Whackadoodle Amy on the Supreme Court, even blatantly unconstitutional things are not easily enforced.

The "Party of Small Government", that seems to want to legislate clothing choices here, doesn't want the Federal Government to interfere in matters of states' rights.

I feel like I have heard that before...

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am in favor of them congregating in one place, but I don't know if I want wing nuts in charge of our potato supply. Can we move them somewhere that doesn't offer anything of value and we're not really using right now like Montana or one of the Dakotas?
Prince Edward Island realizing they can monopolize the left-wing potato business.

EdibleEducatedArrowworm-max-1mb.gif

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess it's time to shave my legs*, put on dress**, and head to Tennessee***.

*for the first time ;)
**for the first time ;)
***for like the 4th time :(

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously who gives a fuck
Little brains who see someone in a dress, get a boner, then realize it's a man and get afraid their magic sky fairy will send an earthquake because they did something gay.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Little brains who see someone in a dress, get a boner, then realize it's a man and get afraid their magic sky fairy will send an earthquake because they did something gay.
I mean, I get it. After I saw The Crying Game I voluntarily took 6 weeks of conversion therapy.
After Tango And Cash too.

Status
Not open for further replies.