• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coffee Talk VI: The Undiscovered Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

blindbaby

i want to bang on the drum all day
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So funny how the COVID deniers/die suddenly "Christians" turned on him as soon as he proves he is alive and then the jacket.

Check the replies to his tweet.

I've read a ton of comments on Tik Toxic. A lot of people who prayed for him think they're owed something by DH as they feel that it's their prayers that saved his life. I always counter with, "its my prayers to Allah that are the REAL reason he's still alive". Surprisingly and somewhat disappointingly, nobody has offered up a rebuttal. :(

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,805.48
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've read a ton of comments on Tik Toxic. A lot of people who prayed for him think they're owed something by DH as they feel that it's their prayers that saved his life. I always counter with, "its my prayers to Allah that are the REAL reason he's still alive". Surprisingly and somewhat disappointingly, nobody has offered up a rebuttal. :(
I say it could very well have been my chants, meditations, offerings & salutations to Buddha is what did the trick.

namaste love GIF
zen dream GIF
timelapse flowers GIF

Last edited:

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deregulation always has long term consequences. I wonder where we are seeing that right now.....

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only reason Trump isn't the worst president in US history is that somehow James Buchanan and Andrew Johnson were worse.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then on this topic:

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luckily I cannot see anyone in the US cutting any construction corners just to put a few extra dollars in their pockets.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh these people are still trying to grift off of this.

Let me note not a drop of that liquid spills anywhere on that extension cord even though she is supposed to be shaking uncontrollably.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@forty_three -> I love how all these politicians and right wing grifters are coming out of the wood work over 10 days later making mention of the East Palestine train de-railment. Heck even Bill Johnson punted this to Dewine until yesterday.

I guess this is the next thing they want to blame the President for since they have nothing left to actually offer.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@forty_three -> I love how all these politicians and right wing grifters are coming out of the wood work over 10 days later making mention of the East Palestine train de-railment. Heck even Bill Johnson punted this to Dewine until yesterday.

I guess this is the next thing they want to blame the President for since they have nothing left to actually offer.
The regulation waving is bullshit and if it turns out that, for example, braking problems played into this then that should be front and centre (although I do love the framing of the two-person crew requirement being “rollback” as a Trump cut when it was never actually implemented by the Obama Admin.) but the DOT has been absent on this, Pete was busy admonishing construction workers for not being dark skinned enough yesterday and hasn’t mentioned this incident at all adding to a list of shit he’s flubbed lately while carrying on with his life as if this job isn’t his biggest priority.

You can always blame people for causing a crisis but how you handle it while it’s ongoing is always a reflection on you.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The regulation waving is bullshit and if it turns out that, for example, braking problems played into this then that should be front and centre (although I do love the framing of the two-person crew requirement being “rollback” as a Trump cut when it was never actually implemented by the Obama Admin.) but the DOT has been absent on this, Pete was busy admonishing construction workers for not being dark skinned enough yesterday and hasn’t mentioned this incident at all adding to a list of shit he’s flubbed lately while carrying on with his life as if this job isn’t his biggest priority.

You can always blame people for causing a crisis but how you handle it while it’s ongoing is always a reflection on you.
Ehhh..whataboutism doesn't really work here since all are at fault.

1. The deregulation about braking is what is on point. The other was never put in place. It was just made mentioned in that article.
Essentially the regulation wasn't even in place long enough to enforce so we know that these trains were not retrofitted or "self-regulated".
2. We all know the Federal DOT is doing a poor job handling this. And they should be taken to task on it and they are.
3. Who knows what the state communicated to the federal government. Bill Johnson himself clearly stated this when it happened:

He didn't even do a thing until yesterday and it was a photo shoot showing up to the wreckage.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ehhh..whataboutism doesn't really work here since all are at fault.

1. The deregulation about braking is what is on point. The other was never put in place. It was just made mentioned in that article.
Essentially the regulation wasn't even in place long enough to enforce so we know that these trains were not retrofitted or "self-regulated".
2. We all know the Federal DOT is doing a poor job handling this. And they should be taken to task on it and they are.
3. Who knows what the state communicated to the federal government. Bill Johnson himself clearly stated this when it happened:

He didn't even do a thing until yesterday and it was a photo shoot showing up to the wreckage.
The second article was specifically about that proposal though and the Trump admin. not following through on it (or, as they put it, rollback). There were a couple of items in that article that were proposals framed as cuts to implemented regulation. Just pointing it out, I always hate when journalists do that. There's validity in not following through on that being the wrong move (as with most safety regulations).

I just see a space where the president and his team deserve some criticism here, especially the DOT.

/He also had 2 years in office to put these regulations back in place if he wanted.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The second article was specifically about that proposal though and the Trump admin. not following through on it (or, as they put it, rollback). There were a couple of items in that article that were proposals framed as cuts to implemented regulation. Just pointing it out, I always hate when journalists do that. There's validity in not following through on that being the wrong move (as with most safety regulations).

I just see a space where the president and his team deserve some criticism here, especially the DOT.

/He also had 2 years in office to put these regulations back in place if he wanted.
The second article was more on point proving the deregulation and not the specifics like these quotes:

Since 2017, the Trump administration has already repealed a regulation requiring modern brakes for oil trains and canceled a plan requiring train operators to be tested for sleep apnea.
“DOT’s approach to achieving safety improvements begins with a focus on removing unnecessary barriers and issuing voluntary guidance, rather than regulations that could stifle innovation.”

And by no means do I think Biden couldn't have done something in two years, this is 100% on the DOT not pushing it. I highly doubt if it was put in place the enforcement would have been 100% complete, whereas something from six years ago had an opportunity.

But we prove this over and over again self-regulation does not work and never will. Instead of focusing on that we get the political whatabout finger pointing.

Also the FRA head is an old rail company CEO, we know where their interests lay.
States had to sue to actually pass laws to enforce a 2 person crew.

NOTE: Ohio is not one of the states with that law.

Last edited:

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even more interesting it seems the Unions enforce two-man crews? This is from a meeting just in December.

Typical Corporate response to safety and is rearing its ugly head right now.
The railroads would prefer only an engineer – and no conductor – in each locomotive. They claim there is no evidence that two-person crews are safer, and insist that a second crew member is unnecessary because of modern safety equipment that’s designed to stop trains automatically if there is a problem in the locomotive.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even without any context how is that even a valid question?!?

Granted I would like to know the context and how Matt McKee says "you are the one who brought it into the discussion" where he came to that conclusion.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see Sarah Palin moved on to become a middle-aged swinger.

Status
Not open for further replies.