• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coffee Talk V: The Final Battle

Status
Not open for further replies.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RIP Charles Grodin. He was always awesome with the deadpan on the talk shows.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:wtf:

I think Don Jr needs to lay off the good stuff for a while.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely shameless.

So, assuming this defense works, we are certain to provide services for them (estimate being 40% of the country) as well as going after the propaganda network that preys on them, right?

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn’t realize he was that old.
I don't think he wanted anyone to think so. Lots of plastic surgery, for a while it worked.

RIP - some really good movies and a great Letterman guest

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every wage should be a livable wage job. Sure, it's not going to be a glamourous life, but when you can't even rent a single room apartment anywhere in the States for $7.25 a hour, the minimum wage is too low. That is just rent mind you, you might want to oh I don't know eat.
No, I disagree. Not every job is/should be a livable wage job. We will disagree on this...and I'm not offended or hurt if folks disagree or get passionate about it. It's all good.

I am pretty judgemental and find that most people put themselves behind a financial 8 ball in their lives

Folks need to live within their means. Budgeting is important and a recognizable failure of our schools, in that they don't teach this at all.

I am a firm believer in universal healthcare with private availability from an employer or as an enhancement to the universal, that people fund themselves.

I'm also for free education through a Bachelor's degree...within reason. Not willing to have "professional" student lifestyles paid for...No student should pay for food while attending school

That leaves the person needing to put a roof over their head and food in their bellies.

I'd cut SNAP significantly and expect/demand that religious organizations carry this burden or start paying taxes.

Just my half wit ideas...

Appreciate this forum and don't fear any counters. They are welcome

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I disagree. Not every job is/should be a livable wage job. We will disagree on this...and I'm not offended or hurt if folks disagree or get passionate about it. It's all good.

I am pretty judgemental and find that most people put themselves behind a financial 8 ball in their lives

Folks need to live within their means. Budgeting is important and a recognizable failure of our schools, in that they don't teach this at all.

I am a firm believer in universal healthcare with private availability from an employer or as an enhancement to the universal, that people fund themselves.

I'm also for free education through a Bachelor's degree...within reason. Not willing to have "professional" student lifestyles paid for...No student should pay for food while attending school

That leaves the person needing to put a roof over their head and food in their bellies.

I'd cut SNAP significantly and expect/demand that religious organizations carry this burden or start paying taxes.

Just my half wit ideas...

Appreciate this forum and don't fear any counters. They are welcome
But further down in the discussion, Dash accurately points out that the minimum wage of now has not kept up from what it was 35 years ago...$5 to $7.25
Based on inflation, it should be closer to $15 than $7.25

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe the children are our future, Teach them well and let them lead the way. Show them all the beauty they possess inside.
Give them a sense of pride to make it easier. Let the children's laughter remind us how we used to be
First of all I think you plagiarized that. Second of fall I disagree, my nephew cannot even tie his shoes so I am not letting him lead the way.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all I think you plagiarized that. Second of fall I disagree, my nephew cannot even tie his shoes so I am not letting him lead the way.

Yeah, if he hasn't figured it out by 15, I'm starting to think he might never get it down.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Folks need to live within their means.
I agree, there are people who put themselves behind that 8 ball. And I also know with painful intimacy that some people get put there through no fault of their own. Like me and my mom who left an abusive cop dad/husband who refused to pay child support and dared anyone to challenge him on it. We lived on welfare, sometimes went weeks without power or hot water and I lived on government cheese sandwiches because that was all the food we had. My mom worked two jobs and I worked one after school as soon as I was old enough while we scraped through for years. Our rent was subsidized and even then we could barely afford it. That apartment cost us 375/mo then. Today, that same place is 1250. If I was in that same situation today as I was then, I would be homeless for sure. And even when we were getting handouts, we never thought "Hey, this is great. Let's stay living like this!". And we didn't get out because of welfare or even minimum wage work. We got out because a judge went after my dad with both barrels and we got paid all we were owed.

If paying everyone enough to live gives a few people who inflicted their situation on themselves a free pass, but saves just one person like me - well, I am okay with that. Having been that useless nobody, I find it vary hard to blithely decide whose life is worth something and whose isn't. I agree people should not be able to buy a Range Rover on a job at McDonald's. But people working there should have the right to decide how far forward they want to go. And if they just want to live without needing four other jobs to scrape by, then more power to them.

As a society we need to stop the BS of looking down on people for their job. Because when I worked at Hardee's, I wanted to do something different. Something better. But I couldn't afford a car to get to a place where I could get a better job. The day I got 75 cents more an hour to work in the local bike shop was the best day of my life to that point. and I didn't stay in that place long either.

Status
Not open for further replies.