• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coffee Talk V: The Final Battle

Status
Not open for further replies.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The prosecutors are asking for life in prison with no chance of parole.

My opinion is they need to be gunned down in cold blood.

It's a tough call because in my opinion, gunning them down lets them off easy and they should spend the rest of their miserable lives behind bars. Of course, it's the taxpayers that foot the bill of that lengthy incarceration.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a tough call because in my opinion, gunning them down lets them off easy and they should spend the rest of their miserable lives behind bars. Of course, it's the taxpayers that foot the bill of that lengthy incarceration.
I'll reiterate the value of permanent castration in situations like these. There is no better deterrent.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But ol' Delaware Joe is such a train-commuting everyman!

Not shocked people would go on about this and deservingly so since he is the President and optics matter. But it is a tradition he has been doing since 1975, renting a house for the Thanksgiving holiday.

And if anyone is shocked a politician has money, they been under a rock forever.

Also noted he took the train not because of playing the poor man but more for his boys after their mother died.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also noted he took the train not because of playing the poor man but more for his boys after their mother died.
Yeah, taking the Amtrak from DC to Dover every week at least is not for a poor person.

I looked into taking the Auto Train from Cleveland to Orlando and it was like 5x the price of plane tickets for the fam.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not shocked people would go on about this and deservingly so since he is the President and optics matter. But it is a tradition he has been doing since 1975, renting a house for the Thanksgiving holiday.

And if anyone is shocked a politician has money, they been under a rock forever.

True but he has definitely played it up for talking points over the years, including probably making up people he interacted with on his train rides (google Angelo Negri lol).

And I don’t think him getting a vacation house for Thanksgiving is a problem, I’m just kinda confused as to why optically you’d opt for the home of a well-connected billionaire instead of that presidential retreat 20 minutes away.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, taking the Amtrak from DC to Dover every week at least is not for a poor person.

I looked into taking the Auto Train from Cleveland to Orlando and it was like 5x the price of plane tickets for the fam.
Oh yeah I checked into that prior from DC to Orlando. That would also mean Driving from Pittsburgh on top of everything else. Not a “cheap” alternative. And when I saw the price I was like nope on top of the fact you would have to add 2-3 days to your trip.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True but he has definitely played it up for talking points over the years, including probably making up people he interacted with on his train rides (google Angelo Negri lol).

And I don’t think him getting a vacation house for Thanksgiving is a problem, I’m just kinda confused as to why optically you’d opt for the home of a well-connected billionaire instead of that presidential retreat 20 minutes away.
Oh yes he did play it up and others played along. They even made a big deal of it again around the election.

Trust me renting that house vs any other is laughable.

Not making an excuse for it, but I am wondering if the secret service had any input on it due to the additional security needs? And if anyone is worried if he can’t afford it yeah let’s put them under that rock again. :)

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am sure he's too stupid to use a burner phone himself, so if this happened it will be super simple to prove. And would add an element of premeditation in addition to implicating senior members of the White House in the conspiracy.

Which is probably why Trump is fighting so hard to keep the communications in and out of the White House that day a secret.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
i think i have 4 bottles of this in my pantry.
costco only has it seasonally, so I stock the fuck up
(my own personal maple syrup reserve - I will not be releasing any)

1637967521690.png

my wife doesn't cook, but she does make me and the kid crepes almost every weekend.
soooo goooood

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like the bleeding heart liberals are winning the war on Christmas lol

Status
Not open for further replies.