• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coffee Talk V: The Final Battle

Status
Not open for further replies.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sack of shit suspect has a rap sheet about as long as Gretzky's stat sheet and was out on bail for a shit ton of crimes including BAIL JUMPING. There's a belief he may have been speeding away from another criminal act and encountered the parade.

People like this should not be getting bail, they should be spending their lives incarcerated. The outrage here should be sky fucking high.
Truthfully I hope/wish it is. This type of case won't get the glamour of a case like Rittenhouse since it doesn't have the political undertones and everyone is in agreement. It is sad but if you look back about 10 years it would have received a lot of attention but after all the politically charged events over the last 6 years I think most have come desensitized to this. Very sad time and situation.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hughes said she opposes the harsh trade retaliation that was seen in the Trump era.

"We did it once … because that was really the world we were living in," said Hughes. "There was unilateral action that was contrary to the rules. The U.S. was doing it — and we just didn't see a way out of it."

But this time, said Hughes, there are much friendlier options, including vested Canadian parties reaching out to their U.S. counterparts at all levels — whether in government, industry or labour — to remind them that deeply integrated North American automobile production creates jobs and wealth on both sides of the border.

These rules essentially kill any chance of Canadian EV tech becoming a major player in that that sector, which is pretty significant given the insane amounts of money that have been poured into it here by both public and private sectors.

I pointed it out everytime I saw Biden standing at a "Buy American" podium during his campaign, this is the shit Trump got absolutely roasted for but it seems to be fine everytime a Democrat does it and I don't understand it (Obama tried it when he took office but Harper managed to negotiate an exemption for Canada, Trudeau doesn't seem to be having the same luck with Biden). Canada loses any trade war with the US but a year in and I'm not sure Biden is all that different to Trump when it comes to this stuff (hell, Trudeau may actually have been able to get more out of Trump than he has with Biden)
The whole buy America first mentality is very Republican and center leaning Democrats. It is one of the few items that isn't polarized but when one parties leader says it the other party say it is bad....rinse/repeat every time you hear it.

And in this scenario I would argue the only reason Trudeau could more out of Trump is due to Trumps complete incompetence. Trump and Biden have essentially the same hard line stance on this.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

More
K9wKNZxY7W-2.png

Seriously is anyone really shocked crazies like Lin wouldn't grift off of this for his own benefit?

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

More
K9wKNZxY7W-2.png

Seriously is anyone really shocked crazies like Lin wouldn't grift off of this for his own benefit?
If Kyle doesn’t get his way maybe he can just kill Lin Wood???

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole buy America first mentality is very Republican and center leaning Democrats. It is one of the few items that isn't polarized but when one parties leader says it the other party say it is bad....rinse/repeat every time you hear it.

And in this scenario I would argue the only reason Trudeau could more out of Trump is due to Trumps complete incompetence. Trump and Biden have essentially the same hard line stance on this.
I think because of the economic priorities Canada has (ie: mineral and energy sectors) it was easier for Trudeau to find accommodation with Trump's WH. Biden made it priority 1 to stifle some of Canada's economic interests in the name of climate progress and isn't being seen as willing to bend to help us as Obama was when he eased off.

The thing here is I don't know how Trudeau really starts to push to get away from the oil sands and other carbon-intensive resource extraction in the hopes of starting a "green revolution" that will provide hundreds of thousands of jobs to make up for the lost economic opportunity when we're limited in what we can export to our biggest trading partner. CETA will allow us to trade with the EU but they have their own cheap markets to build stuff in that will still make imports costly. The great promise of "going green" was to be a leader in the sector but this would basically render that impossible.

And since Canadians can't seem to get fairness economically with the US no matter who's in charge, I'm starting to wonder how far off we are from people advocating us just joining the EU. At some point the realization that the US doesn't really need us for anything needs to take hold and alternatives found.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think because of the economic priorities Canada has (ie: mineral and energy sectors) it was easier for Trudeau to find accommodation with Trump's WH. Biden made it priority 1 to stifle some of Canada's economic interests in the name of climate progress and isn't being seen as willing to bend to help us as Obama was when he eased off.

The thing here is I don't know how Trudeau really starts to push to get away from the oil sands and other carbon-intensive resource extraction in the hopes of starting a "green revolution" that will provide hundreds of thousands of jobs to make up for the lost economic opportunity when we're limited in what we can export to our biggest trading partner. CETA will allow us to trade with the EU but they have their own cheap markets to build stuff in that will still make imports costly. The great promise of "going green" was to be a leader in the sector but this would basically render that impossible.

And since Canadians can't seem to get fairness economically with the US no matter who's in charge, I'm starting to wonder how far off we are from people advocating us just joining the EU. At some point the realization that the US doesn't really need us for anything needs to take hold and alternatives found.
You can join the EU if you want but you’re CONCACAF for life.

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would’ve put this in the Music thread, but this cannot even be called music. If you need a good laugh check it out

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gun owner should get the same treatment.

Toddlers on a rampage.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Omg….that is a two word review: Shit Sandwich
always a thumbs up for a Spinal tap reference.

i didn't click the link, as didn't want to sipport in any way.
not sure if Sam Roberts was being sarcastic or not with the tweet.
I had heard he's a major asshole, but don't know if he's in that group

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah hard to tell with him.

With that said he follows Super Humman so he can't be all that bad. :noidea:

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He was definitely being sarcastic.

Best response I’ve seen about the video

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, let's give Kid Rock some credit, at least he's not ripping off Warren Zevon and Lynyrd Skynyrd this time. Maybe that's why the song is terrible.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Truthfully I hope/wish it is. This type of case won't get the glamour of a case like Rittenhouse since it doesn't have the political undertones and everyone is in agreement. It is sad but if you look back about 10 years it would have received a lot of attention but after all the politically charged events over the last 6 years I think most have come desensitized to this. Very sad time and situation.
This guy sums it up perfectly

Status
Not open for further replies.