• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coffee Talk V: The Final Battle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If a young white male cannot travel a couple states, carry a weapon he isnt supposed to have, place himself in a situation where he kills people and wounds another and not get away with it completely- would it really be America?

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the one hand, I’m not really shedding a tear for either of Rittenhouse’s two murder victims. They both seemed like trash humans. We’re better off without them.

On the other, America’s insane gun laws led them to their deaths and that’s a huge problem. I’m just not sure what he did was a crime under the laws in that particular jurisdiction and the prosecution would have a hard time convincing me Petrus is a good wine let alone to convict a 17 year old of double murder so I don’t blame a jury for thinking likewise.

Even if the judge wasn’t Mike Pence and the prosecution wasn’t inept I’m not sure the outcome’s any different here.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not surprised that he was found not guilty based on the evidence that was presented, it does seem that self-defense was a reasonable decision. Of course, if he isn't illegally in possession of an assault rifle and doesn't travel across state lines into a volatile situation, it's also reasonable that two people are still alive today.

/That said, the two people he killed were not exactly bastions of humanity, but should that really matter? I'm not smart enough to make that call.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not surprised that he was found not guilty based on the evidence that was presented, it does seem that self-defense was a reasonable decision. Of course, if he isn't illegally in possession of an assault rifle and doesn't travel across state lines into a volatile situation, it's also reasonable that two people are still alive today.

/That said, the two people he killed were not exactly bastions of humanity, but should that really matter? I'm not smart enough to make that call.
Like with George Floyd, the victim's past didn't mean that person deserved to die in that moment.

The gun charge that was thrown out was the problem - the technicality the judge agreed that made it non-applicable to this case (that the law doesn't apply to "long guns" used for hunting) was a bit of a reach but because the law is shittily written it allows for such a technicality.

I think the jury might have been convinced to convict on that charge. At the very least he should've gotten a penalty on that one.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is the problem I have. Yes the victims' were pieces of shits but that doesn't justify killing them with his actions taken.
Unfortunately like stated the laws and evidence was presented in a way that no other outcome would have occurred.

And if anyone is shocked by the not-guilty verdict in this case then they have been under a rock forever, and I have to bridge to sell them in Brooklyn.

The Ahmaud Arbery case on the other hand, if it comes back not-guilty then there is no hope left.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My wife read me a post from Fakebook:

"In the America I remember, there wouldn't even have been a trial."

My response:

"True, especially if Kyle had been black. There would only have been a lynching."

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

More :bullshit:. Kids were actually protesting peacefully but was spun to make it out like they were in the wrong.

And WTF suspending a girl who was assaulted that is straight up horseshit from the school.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

An accidental gun discharge has caused arguably the busiest Airport in the US to come to a halt.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

More :bullshit:. Kids were actually protesting peacefully but was spun to make it out like they were in the wrong.

And WTF suspending a girl who was assaulted that is straight up horseshit from the school.
Protesting? That's a good way to get shot

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Awkward Joel Mchale GIF by NETFLIX

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike 'Huckster' Huckabee endorsed, kids...Makes a great Xmas gift.

X06%20Bundle%20subscription%20linked-10.png

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sack of shit suspect has a rap sheet about as long as Gretzky's stat sheet and was out on bail for a shit ton of crimes including BAIL JUMPING. There's a belief he may have been speeding away from another criminal act and encountered the parade.

People like this should not be getting bail, they should be spending their lives incarcerated. The outrage here should be sky fucking high.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hughes said she opposes the harsh trade retaliation that was seen in the Trump era.

"We did it once … because that was really the world we were living in," said Hughes. "There was unilateral action that was contrary to the rules. The U.S. was doing it — and we just didn't see a way out of it."

But this time, said Hughes, there are much friendlier options, including vested Canadian parties reaching out to their U.S. counterparts at all levels — whether in government, industry or labour — to remind them that deeply integrated North American automobile production creates jobs and wealth on both sides of the border.

These rules essentially kill any chance of Canadian EV tech becoming a major player in that that sector, which is pretty significant given the insane amounts of money that have been poured into it here by both public and private sectors.

I pointed it out everytime I saw Biden standing at a "Buy American" podium during his campaign, this is the shit Trump got absolutely roasted for but it seems to be fine everytime a Democrat does it and I don't understand it (Obama tried it when he took office but Harper managed to negotiate an exemption for Canada, Trudeau doesn't seem to be having the same luck with Biden). Canada loses any trade war with the US but a year in and I'm not sure Biden is all that different to Trump when it comes to this stuff (hell, Trudeau may actually have been able to get more out of Trump than he has with Biden)

Status
Not open for further replies.