• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coffee Talk V: The Final Battle

Status
Not open for further replies.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Certainly a fair point. But there have been candidates who had no chance of winning run in elections before for various legit reasons. If I remember correctly wasnt part of the reason Nader got so many votes was if they met a certain threshold there party would get more funding in the years to come? I think I recall some people voting for him to help establish a 3rd party. Though, its easier and safer to do where I am than some other states.
While I certainly believe that additional parties could help overall, my issue with third parties is the fact that they often do next to nothing at a local level and just trot out some sacrificial lamb every 4 years in hopes that they can throw enough of a spanner in the works to get more cash. Seems to me that if they really cared about reforming government, you would see them on county councils or state legislatures. Where they can get in and make a difference people can see. Actually had Greens or Libertarians done that starting in the 80's we might legitimately see a 3rd party challenge nationally.

Instead, what we get is "hey! we didn't lose as bad as the last guy!" and neither major party has to listen to them.

Nader is not the embodiment of this problem, he's just the name that comes to mind when I think of the damage they can do.

see you tonight @dash
Well, that's a shocker. I knew they'd come around.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But I am ammassing a stand up freezer full of Hebrew National Hot Dogs to make up part of my down payment on a house up there.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cutting the extra “t” is good cost savings.

They don't have to dot all their i's and cross all their t's if they aren't there.

giphy.gif

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe she can have the NAACP represent her again like when she was “bullied” in high school.

Hold on, I’m being told they are no longer of any use to her now that she is a conservative Trumptard.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^

The best part of that video is the pivot by Brockman from "The ants will soon be here" to "And I for one welcome our new insect overlords". It was executed by a true professional lol

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^

The best part of that video is the pivot by Brockman from "The ants will soon be here" to "And I for one welcome our new insect overlords". It was executed by a true professional lol

Yes, and amazing they had a graphic already queued up for the occasion! ;)

Some city names won't have to change much...
Antawa
Toranto
Sant Diego
New Orlants

Status
Not open for further replies.