• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coffee Talk: 7 Words You Can't Say to Jack Johnson

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A state senator justified not revealing who is carrying weapons in a school because it's, quote... “relative to the element of surprise.”

Because that's how we should be thinking about our schools. That is an absolutely sickening quote.
But I thought the guns themself were deterrents. Why then have them be a surprise?

Side story as some people claim these things do not happen in Texas. My nephew was attacked and had his phone stolen last week in west Texas. He's 6'7" and a big guy so I would not have thought he would be an easy target. He was walking down the street - someone stepped in front of him and asked for his phone. He said no and a person behind him started hitting him in the back of the head. They grabbed his phone and ran. They ended up getting full video of the assault from a restaurant and the idiots took some pictures with the camera before selling it at a phone ATM for $41. (had to look up phone ATMs as we dont have them in MD yet).

Hes mostly fine, concussed but not thought to be too bad. Since they checked the phone ATM they he did get his phone back too.
My thoughts:
These things do happen in Texas despite what some people say
When me and Mattola rob people we choose old ladies, not 6'7" athletic 23 year olds
Phone ATMs? really?
People are going to assault someone and risk time for tens of dollars?

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So when a student on the edge overpowers a teacher and grabs their gun and ends up shooting people at school, what will the response be?
Tennessee? No way any minority kids get shot.

Loco2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So when a student on the edge overpowers a teacher and grabs their gun and ends up shooting people at school, what will the response be?

Need more guns. Don't stop now, Dash.... we are so close to the other side of the curve.

Loco2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People are going to assault someone and risk time for tens of dollars?

I agree, Comeds. If you're going to assault people for money, become a hockey player. They give you millions! ;)

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need more guns. Don't stop now, Dash.... we are so close to the other side of the curve.

Thanks for posting that video, Loco2 - I think my favorite line was when the state senator was discussing all the other issues causing deaths in America and mentioned obesity and Stewart says "so your answer to help the obesity epidemic is ice cream"

Also, the ending part about drag queen story hour infringing on free speech rights showcasing the hypocrisy of 2nd Amendment rights was very good.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, I was curious so I just checked the national gun archive page that tracks mass shootings. This is day 114 of the year and there have been 123 mass shootings recorded. You don't have to be a math whiz to determine that's essentially 1 mass shooting every day in 2024.

Loco2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for posting that video, Loco2 - I think my favorite line was when the state senator was discussing all the other issues causing deaths in America and mentioned obesity and Stewart says "so your answer to help the obesity epidemic is ice cream"

Also, the ending part about drag queen story hour infringing on free speech rights showcasing the hypocrisy of 2nd Amendment rights was very good.

That interview is a master class in logic by Stewart.

The best part is at 7:35 when he gets the Oklahoma guy to say “The government has a responsibility to protect” and the quick wit to IMMEDIATELY say “I’m sorry?” In response. That state senator knows… and he is a gutless half wit.

I don’t have a problem with people having a different opinion than me. And Stewart even makes room for the idea that you can argue you believe in the right, but arguing it is safer to have more guns is objectively idiotic on its face, and falls apart more if you’ve ever even casually examined statistics on guns. The structural argument of chaos vs order as a framework is brilliant.

I think it’s a shame that television does not show the mangled bodies and corpses of children killed by guns. I can’t imagine if we showed 8-year old heads torn in fucking half by an AR15 in the news we would still have the laws we do. I want to see a 14-year old killed whose lungs have been shredded like cheese with 8 bullet holes and blood pouring out of him.

I want people to see this images and picture their own children in these moments. Not bc I like violence (my anti fighting stance alone is well established and that’s just weak boxing in sport), but because I’m 100% convinced that if they showed images of the Newtown kids who were trapped in a back room having their skin ripped from their faces by a psycho in a turkey shoot that there is a 0% chance we would continue to ignore a disgusting and easily solvable problem.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And people still to this day blame Dr. Fauci...Look at the moron he was reporting to.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That interview is a master class in logic by Stewart.

The best part is at 7:35 when he gets the Oklahoma guy to say “The government has a responsibility to protect” and the quick wit to IMMEDIATELY say “I’m sorry?” In response. That state senator knows… and he is a gutless half wit.

I don’t have a problem with people having a different opinion than me. And Stewart even makes room for the idea that you can argue you believe in the right, but arguing it is safer to have more guns is objectively idiotic on its face, and falls apart more if you’ve ever even casually examined statistics on guns. The structural argument of chaos vs order as a framework is brilliant.

I think it’s a shame that television does not show the mangled bodies and corpses of children killed by guns. I can’t imagine if we showed 8-year old heads torn in fucking half by an AR15 in the news we would still have the laws we do. I want to see a 14-year old killed whose lungs have been shredded like cheese with 8 bullet holes and blood pouring out of him.

I want people to see this images and picture their own children in these moments. Not bc I like violence (my anti fighting stance alone is well established and that’s just weak boxing in sport), but because I’m 100% convinced that if they showed images of the Newtown kids who were trapped in a back room having their skin ripped from their faces by a psycho in a turkey shoot that there is a 0% chance we would continue to ignore a disgusting and easily solvable problem.
The folks that would have issue with the bolded part are the same folks that have zero issue with showing a fetus or an aborted fetus.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, there's a strange fascination in America to historical documents such as the Constitution (which has had many amendments since its original composition) and other procedures such as the Electoral College that the founding fathers established. This is not to criticize these documents and processes by the way, but just to highlight that things change as society changes and what might have made sense and been a good idea 200+ years ago doesn't make a whole lot of sense today.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, there's a strange fascination in America to historical documents such as the Constitution (which has had many amendments since its original composition) and other procedures such as the Electoral College that the founding fathers established. This is not to criticize these documents and processes by the way, but just to highlight that things change as society changes and what might have made sense and been a good idea 200+ years ago doesn't make a whole lot of sense today.
The same folks still want submissive women and slaves.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am not sure how I managed to get out of my last position without a non-compete or blanket NDA (many cases are individually covered under NDA) but I know several people who are currently stuck in jobs because of non-competes. Hopefully this spurs some movement.

I once had an opportunity to move on to a vendor after working with their pro services and finding a flaw in their software. The whole thing got nixed because the company had an internal "non-compete" policy that prevented them from hiring people from their customers. I would have had to go work for someone else for 2 years.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There appears to be problems in Pennsylvania for ole Donnie boy...

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jews went 75-25 for Biden in 2020. They’re historically overwhelmingly blue. Something tells me right wingers don’t exactly want to see these campus protests end as badly as Bowman suggests.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^

He'll be here all week, try the veal and don't forget to tip your server :thumb: