• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coffee Talk: 7 Words You Can't Say to Jack Johnson

blindbaby

i want to bang on the drum all day
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a million times lol

Considering they had plenty of time to research this, mull it over again and again and excercise necessary "critical thinking skills", this is the dumbest thing I think I've ever seen people do that involved moving somewhere. AINEC

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a related note, I've seen more and more of these youtube videos entitled "Why I'm Leaving Canada" popping up as of late. Yeah, we have some major issues to solve in this country (housing affordability and health care deterioration being amongst the top issues), but unless you're living under a rock, these issues have been around for at least the last 10 years or so. I guess what I'm saying is if you don't like it here, then try your luck somewhere else.

/Russia wouldn't be at the top of my list lol

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a related note, I've seen more and more of these youtube videos entitled "Why I'm Leaving Canada" popping up as of late. Yeah, we have some major issues to solve in this country (housing affordability and health care deterioration being amongst the top issues), but unless you're living under a rock, these issues have been around for at least the last 10 years or so. I guess what I'm saying is if you don't like it here, then try your luck somewhere else.

I’ve been hearing about brain drain since I was in elementary school, usually to the states. It’s not that it doesn’t happen but it’s never been at the worrying levels those textbooks and media would have us believe.

But right now I think a lot of people who can are trying to leave and it’s showing in our economy, in our healthcare system and in the lives of our younger people.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering they had plenty of time to research this, mull it over again and again and excercise necessary "critical thinking skills", this is the dumbest thing I think I've ever seen people do that involved moving somewhere. AINEC
Fixed.

Also, I love the poll at the bottom of the Dailykos story.

Last edited:

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My thought with those people is...good luck finding that low-cost utopia that can take care of your every need.
And when they do find that magic unicorn...guess what it will no longer be low-cost as everyone one of you that went there would cause costs to raise. I completely believe every last one of these people don't understand the basic principle of supply and demand.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My thought with those people is...good luck finding that low-cost utopia that can take care of your every need.
And when they do find that magic unicorn...guess what it will no longer be low-cost as everyone one of you that went there would cause costs to raise. I completely believe every last one of these people don't understand the basic principle of supply and demand.
Shitload of "why Im leaving Vancouver videos" out there :ohwell: ... my brothers family and my wifes sisters families have both headed south. Theyve all been there close to 10 years now. Overall, theyve found what theyre looking for and been successful but i think thats more on their personal drive than the place they are living in.

To say there are no problems or one place is better than the other would be wrong. Sure you can find a place with lower taxes but there is always a trade off somewhere. My wifes sister pays 14k annual property tax for their 3600 sqft home in Redmond Washington. And theyre not sure where it goes as there are zero public amenities (community centres, pools).

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shitload of "why Im leaving Vancouver videos" out there :ohwell: ... my brothers family and my wifes sisters families have both headed south. Theyve all been there close to 10 years now. Overall, theyve found what theyre looking for and been successful but i think thats more on their personal drive than the place they are living in.

To say there are no problems or one place is better than the other would be wrong. Sure you can find a place with lower taxes but there is always a trade off somewhere. My wifes sister pays 14k annual property tax for their 3600 sqft home in Redmond Washington. And theyre not sure where it goes as there are zero public amenities (community centres, pools).

how big is the lot?

I have a 9000 sq ft lot and 3100 home and pay $3800 in ND

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how big is the lot?

I have a 9000 sq ft lot and 3100 home and pay $3800 in ND
not big. not as big as ours and our corner lot here is 66x132 and we paid $5600 last year

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
john denver GIF
Too soon?