• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coffee Talk: 7 Words You Can't Say to Jack Johnson

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are all.laughing but the polls are making me sad .. this is closer than it should be and it's terrifying
Just remember the 24 hour news networks and online news sources need the race to seem close so viewers watch and click.

Dems want the race to seem close in the swings states so people actually vote and we don't have the gap shrink that Biden had last time. Was up by like 9 in some places and won by 4 and a half or so.
Reps want the race to seem close to energize their base to vote to trigger the ummm, libs.

But when you see the lines to early vote in GA, people in a Trump Strong Hold in Florida lined up for hours for Harris and the fact that Trump couldn't sell out a school gym and Harris rallies are drawing crowds like Taylor Swift, I feel like it really isn't as close as being portrayed.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could be wrong, but I think some people say they are voting for the GOP just to keep the peace in their GOP family if that makes any sense. When it comes down to actually casting their ballot though, that's the time of reckoning.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, if I'm looking for nuanced political discourse, I'm probably not going to find it from two guys named Clay and Buck.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just remember the 24 hour news networks and online news sources need the race to seem close so viewers watch and click.

Dems want the race to seem close in the swings states so people actually vote and we don't have the gap shrink that Biden had last time. Was up by like 9 in some places and won by 4 and a half or so.
Reps want the race to seem close to energize their base to vote to trigger the ummm, libs.

But when you see the lines to early vote in GA, people in a Trump Strong Hold in Florida lined up for hours for Harris and the fact that Trump couldn't sell out a school gym and Harris rallies are drawing crowds like Taylor Swift, I feel like it really isn't as close as being portrayed.
i hope you are right... It makes sense. I just hate this time.... I have to Remember that the news wants the ratings too as you say

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^

At the end of the day, though, doesn't money still trump Trump?
For Rupert Murdoch? He has funded or helped promote far right ideology all over the world. Germany, England, France, Italy, Brazil.

He has enough money, he has an insatiable hole in his heart he fills with hatred and division. He will never have enough power in his mind.

Edit: This is how he gets his message out worldwide, BTW

EditEdit: And that doesn't count the help he gets from Sinclair: