• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cobra Kai

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have never seen or heard of a DVR that doesn’t allow FF. VOD turns off ff, but not dvrs.

I doubt it will go there. Too much competition for that kind of bend-over.

I’m wondering if he means on demand and it DVR

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, yes that is correct. I have not seen any actual manual DVR without FF.

yeah, i noticed that too.

it is kinda annoying.

But I do understand on some level.

I'm torn on both levels regarding the sticks. I do have a hulu account.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, i noticed that too.

it is kinda annoying.

But I do understand on some level.

I'm torn on both levels regarding the sticks. I do have a hulu account.

I also see no reason to pay Hulu or Netflix money for content that is freely available on the web. And there are a ton of websites that have movies and tv shows. Dont even need any special apps. Granted there are ads on those sites.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remembered last season being a straight drop and I watched them all in one evening.

In three episodes on this one.....straight bad ass.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remembered last season being a straight drop and I watched them all in one evening.

In three episodes on this one.....straight bad ass.
Looks like that what they did again. I see all 10.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wow....that’s what I’ll say for season 2 for now.

This show can be a little cheesy at points. As much as I love the nostalgic callbacks they can do a lot of them.

Mr Miyagi would love this show. It has perfect balance. Balance between the older and younger characters. Balance between character development and action. Balance in showing both the Miyagi-do and Cobra Kai sides.

This show is not black and white, but wonderfully grey. It treats both sides very fairly, for good and bad. When I ran into this show last year I expected a campy throwback and some nostalgia. I certainly didn’t expect this, especially from a YouTube Original. Straight up....William Zabka is god damn amazing in this show!

It’s going to be a long wait for season 3.

There....a totally spoiler free review. I’m interested in what others think after watching the whole season.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far so good through 2. I am trying to space them out. Need this to last until May 10th when Sneaky Pete comes out.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I binge watched a bunch of the episodes last night and only have two left. Not bad but I think that I enjoyed season one more. I did enjoy Johnny getting to hang out with his old crew.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I binge watched a bunch of the episodes last night and only have two left. Not bad but I think that I enjoyed season one more. I did enjoy Johnny getting to hang out with his old crew.

I really did like the one with his old crew too. It tied well into the Johnny story arc as well.

I might have said season one was better when I was at your point. But by the finale it might be an edge to season 2. It’s break even at least.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really did like the one with his old crew too. It tied well into the Johnny story arc as well.

I might have said season one was better when I was at your point. But by the finale it might be an edge to season 2. It’s break even at least.
I think that overall, I liked season one better but I think the finale episode was probably the best in the series. It definitely has me pumped for season three (which I'd be shocked if there wasn't one). One thing I was surprised at was that there was no Mike Barnes when I had heard that he was supposed to be in season two.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that overall, I liked season one better but I think the finale episode was probably the best in the series. It definitely has me pumped for season three (which I'd be shocked if there wasn't one). One thing I was surprised at was that there was no Mike Barnes when I had heard that he was supposed to be in season two.

That’s fair. I went back and watched season one after season two and they both are just so comparable. That’s high praise.

And yeah....season two finale is just amazing.

They did mention Terry Silver in season 2, creating some buzz that he might show up at some point. Maybe Mike Barnes will be with him. And of course the Ali buzz is totally kicking now. Wouldn’t be surprised if Hillary Swank even pops up at some point.

I feel like, originally, the show runners didn’t want to lean too much to Karate Kid III. It was the weakest of the movies. But with Daniels admission to his students I bet story lines and characters from that one her folded in.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s fair. I went back and watched season one after season two and they both are just so comparable. That’s high praise.

And yeah....season two finale is just amazing.

They did mention Terry Silver in season 2, creating some buzz that he might show up at some point. Maybe Mike Barnes will be with him. And of course the Ali buzz is totally kicking now. Wouldn’t be surprised if Hillary Swank even pops up at some point.

I feel like, originally, the show runners didn’t want to lean too much to Karate Kid III. It was the weakest of the movies. But with Daniels admission to his students I bet story lines and characters from that one her folded in.
I guess that they can always go the route that they did in 3, where Silver
can be the one that helped Kreese take over the dojo by financing him, thus kicking Johnny out
. Not sure how they can put Barnes in it, unless they do a callback to season one where
Johnny was on the phone talking to his boss (after he hung the tv on the wrong wall) and he goes crawling back and we find out that his boss was Mike Barnes

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can be the one that helped Kreese take over the dojo by financing him, thus kicking Johnny out
. Not sure how they can put Barnes in it, unless they do a callback to season one where
Johnny was on the phone talking to his boss (after he hung the tv on the wrong wall) and he goes crawling back and we find out that his boss was Mike Barnes

I think I remember he did call his boss Mike on the phone in season one.

Both ideas feel totally cheesy written out. But many of the things they’ve done would have sounded cheesy on paper, but yet they pulled most of them off rather effectively. Interesting.

I’ve felt like call outs to KKIII were like inviting bad mojo, that movie sucked overall. But, they don’t seem to be afraid to touch anything in that universe.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am sure if they want to bring back Mike Barnes that the original actor is still available. He has not done much outside of soap operas and those folks dont get paid much.

From a story line point it might make sense down the road but it is too early. That might be season 4 material.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve felt like call outs to KKIII were like inviting bad mojo, that movie sucked overall. But, they don’t seem to be afraid to touch anything in that universe.
As long as they don’t touch the Hillary Swank one, I’m fine. It seems like they’ve incorporated three quite a bit and now it looks like part two will be a part of season three somehow.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm, I wonder if Season 3 will focus on Miguel's recovery and rehab?

file.php

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as they don’t touch the Hillary Swank one, I’m fine. It seems like they’ve incorporated three quite a bit and now it looks like part two will be a part of season three somehow.

I could totally see her showing up....but maybe in just a quick cameo.