• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coaching Staff

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is 2020 and we need to sign a creative Offensive guru and I hope that guy installs his own Offense and is very involved but also likes what he sees in Moore and keeps him and teaches him and brings him along because I think he has a lot of potential, he just wasn't ready. I just don't think he has ever really learned and is going on his natural raw offensive knowledge. I hope we team that HC with a DC that is aggressive and has some balls and turns over the entire defense to him. We have talent. We need to unleash that talent on both sides of the ball. No more afraid of giving up the big play or making a mistake. We just aren't a smart enough team to play that way and win.

And for God's sake lets get a STs coach that isn't afraid to have his team actually return a kick. It's like someone did a study and found that if you return a kick you usually don't get to the 25 and we live by that every KO. The problem with that theory is you are more likely to score when you get to the 30 or more. So who cares if it is the 25 or the 22. You need to try to get a good return once or twice a game and make it easier on your offense by starting around the 35 even if it means half the time you start at the 18.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just make a damn decision Jerry. This is why we have problems. Jerry keeps everyone too long. WE resign our own players when better can be had for the same $ or cheaper and we just can't make decisions. For a guy who made his name as a risk taker he is just afraid to take any. Loyalty and the NFL can't co-exist or you are destined for mediocrity...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry struck it rich when he acquired Jimmy Johnson and he pulled off that mega-trade with the Vikings. Since the mid 90's Jerry has mired the team in mediocrity. Jerry should quit being hands on and hire a strong willed coach and just sign the checks.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to have Mike McCarthy as HC and Marvin Lewis as DC.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mccarthy would be fine by me. He coached packers to multiple NFC Championship games,6 division titles and a superbowl victory. Better coach than Garrett for sure. Then find a new DC. I do question how dak fits Mccarthys offense though. Dak simply does not excell at getting the ball out quickly in what likely would be a west coast offense? But I could see Pollard,Zeke and Jarwin exploding next season. This offense is loaded with talent.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is 2020 and we need to sign a creative Offensive guru and I hope that guy installs his own Offense and is very involved but also likes what he sees in Moore and keeps him and teaches him and brings him along because I think he has a lot of potential, he just wasn't ready. I just don't think he has ever really learned and is going on his natural raw offensive knowledge. I hope we team that HC with a DC that is aggressive and has some balls and turns over the entire defense to him. We have talent. We need to unleash that talent on both sides of the ball. No more afraid of giving up the big play or making a mistake. We just aren't a smart enough team to play that way and win.

And for God's sake lets get a STs coach that isn't afraid to have his team actually return a kick. It's like someone did a study and found that if you return a kick you usually don't get to the 25 and we live by that every KO. The problem with that theory is you are more likely to score when you get to the 30 or more. So who cares if it is the 25 or the 22. You need to try to get a good return once or twice a game and make it easier on your offense by starting around the 35 even if it means half the time you start at the 18.
The special teams was the worst I have seen maybe ever I think the special teams during the 1-15 season in 89 was much better . The special teams could not cover kicks or punts. The punt and kick returners stunk. Maher stunk. The punter stunk. The special teams IMO contributed to most of the losses. Offense continually started in bad field position and the defense always defending a short field

Dak_&_Zeke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I feel like Marvin Lewis as DC would be just as bad as Richard was. Zimmer would be 1000x better but I feel like he would want a HC gig if Minnesota does move on from him.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WOuldn't mind seeing a staff that isn't afraid to exploit loopholes or other teams tendencies, maybe even fake a punt once in a while. You could set your freaking watch by this current staff. 4th down equals punts, KO equals touchback.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My only issue with McCarthy is what I have trolled Pack fans with for years...he had of the greatest QB's of all time and turned it into one SB.

Now if McClay stays around and keeps drafting and McCarthy is just coaching what players he has, I could see that working. I could see McCarthy really coaching Dak up to make the quicker read.

Reactions: GNG

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spotted on the sidelines of last nights game, Josh McDaniels clapping on the sideline. Sounds like he aced the audition, should be announced by Jerry any minute now.