• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coaching Staff

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Garrett has been talking with anyone else. Those things have a way of getting out. And what about the assistants who are in limbo? I don't think Garrett will be a HC in the NFL or anywhere else this year to take anyone with him. If you let them go after all of the new coaching staffs are filled out you basically screwed them over and made it harder for them to find a job. You just need to make a decision and cut people loose if you aren't keeping them instead of dragging them along and giving them hope they still have their old jobs.
I'd bet a lot of money JG is the next Giants HC.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Garrett has been talking with anyone else. Those things have a way of getting out. And what about the assistants who are in limbo? I don't think Garrett will be a HC in the NFL or anywhere else this year to take anyone with him. If you let them go after all of the new coaching staffs are filled out you basically screwed them over and made it harder for them to find a job. You just need to make a decision and cut people loose if you aren't keeping them instead of dragging them along and giving them hope they still have their old jobs.
Do you really think JJ is that considerate. He could care less where and what assistants do. The only thing that matters to JJ is winning it all at any cost.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd bet a lot of money JG is the next Giants HC.
Maybe but I would be shocked personally. Unlike the national rumors that have popped up (or at least did a month or two ago), there hasn't been any talk of it in NY and the Giants are looking at other candidates aggressively. I did hear they are going to interview Kris Richard. I guess one could say that is to be their DC knowing that they are after Garrett??? But I still don't see the Giants offering the position to Garrett for a lot of reasons

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you really think JJ is that considerate. He could care less where and what assistants do. The only thing that matters to JJ is winning it all at any cost.
If that were true he would have fired Garrett long ago and quit as GM. JJ is more concerned with his reputation than anything else. He has been trying to erase the idea that he only won because of Jimmy for almost 3 decades now. That has always been his tragic flaw.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree to a point, but JJ also lets personal relationships and the need to be "loved by my employees" lead to bad decisions. his buddy-buddy relationship with players have led to terrible contracts and the undermining of almost every coach.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that were true he would have fired Garrett long ago and quit as GM. JJ is more concerned with his reputation than anything else. He has been trying to erase the idea that he only won because of Jimmy for almost 3 decades now. That has always been his tragic flaw.
It is true in my opinion. He doesn't know how to go about it.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree to a point, but JJ also lets personal relationships and the need to be "loved by my employees" lead to bad decisions. his buddy-buddy relationship with players have led to terrible contracts and the undermining of almost every coach.
Jerry will never relinquish control to a GM. He always will be hands on. I hope I'm wrong.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry will never relinquish control to a GM. He always will be hands on. I hope I'm wrong.
Oh of course that's true. But I don't recall hearing a lot of other stories from winning franchises where the GM is dictating who plays or who stays to the HC.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He really thought he was his guy.
I think JG is the guy, but he has the Saban type system which only works if you the coach can hold every player accountable. There is zero accountability on this team because if Jason wants to punish someone that player can just walk into Jerry's office and get it overridden. It has been that way from the very beginning, and I have heard about it from first hand accounts.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for who I would bring in, I hope it is someone who has the correct idea of opening the playbook to bring Callahan back as the OL coach. I wouldn't give him OC playcalling duties, but would give anything to have him running the OL again.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for who I would bring in, I hope it is someone who has the correct idea of opening the playbook to bring Callahan back as the OL coach. I wouldn't give him OC playcalling duties, but would give anything to have him running the OL again.
I am fine with Columbo as OL coach & dont want Callahan back on the staff.
That would just muddy the water for whoever we bring in as HC & OC.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am fine with Columbo as OL coach & dont want Callahan back on the staff.
That would just muddy the water for whoever we bring in as HC & OC.
I would take Callahan back if the new coach hired him. I wouldn't do the usual Jerry move of "welcome new HC, here is your staff".

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These meetings are strange. It like let's start interviewing coaches already. It's like WTF?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Callahan is a great asset and IMO the best OL coach in the NFL. I would take him back in a second, but would he accept an OL coach job at this point? I would think he would at least want OC or Asst HC. That being said I think Colombo has done OK as we definitely improved once he took over and got rid of that stupid "hand check" method that our guys hated. I'm fine either way on Columbo but would love Callahan.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These meetings are strange. It like let's start interviewing coaches already. It's like WTF?
unless we already of a line on whatever coach they are interested in.
or
waiting for coach of interest to becomes available.

in which case the only real interview you would need to have is the one to appease the rooney rule.
but you can do that at any time. No need to hurry that interview either.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Callahan is a great asset and IMO the best OL coach in the NFL. I would take him back in a second, but would he accept an OL coach job at this point? I would think he would at least want OC or Asst HC. That being said I think Colombo has done OK as we definitely improved once he took over and got rid of that stupid "hand check" method that our guys hated. I'm fine either way on Columbo but would love Callahan.
In addition to OL coach, I'd let him call plays, if we brought in a defensive minded HC. Does a fantastic job