• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coaching News From Around the League

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Adam Caplan:

Colts added former Chargers OL coach/OC Hal Hunter as asst OL coach.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Dan Hellie:

Source: Redskins special teams coach Danny Smith leaving for Steelers. They've been after him for a while. Pittsburgh is home.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not happy at all about having that creep on my team. And I'm not alone.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"We gon be physical with en eff. We go out and hit em in the mouff. All day baby." -Sing

"OK Mike, thanks for interviewing. Can you sign a jersey before you go?" -Rams

"But I made Vernon! He was going to hammer people."
"That was his brother, not him. Thanks, we'll let you know."
"They didn't know our plays, I... I... told them."
"And please put your pants back on, Mike."

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all seriousness at least he would work his way up through the ranks this time.

The Rams would be a perfect spot for him since they seem to coach defense by committee and that would be a perfect situation for him to learn the ins and outs of the job without having to be "the man" like he would if he was working for an offensive minded coach.

This. The jump to head coach was too big for him. At least elt him come up and learn through the ranks.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Saints officially hired Rob Ryan as DC.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Another DC option for St. Louis
February, 11, 2013 9:05AM ET
By Tim Kavanagh | ESPN.com

After things fell through between the St. Louis Rams and DC candidate Rob Ryan, Ryan moved on to the New Orleans Saints while the Rams were left to try and find someone else to fill the vacancy on Jeff Fisher's staff. That search first led them to former Browns DC Dick Jauron, but nothing seems to have materialized on that front at this time.

There's a new man in the mix, however: Jim Thomas of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports that former 49ers HC Mike Singletary interviewed for the position this past Thursday.

As Thomas notes, it's an interesting choice, seeing as Singletary is not viewed as a strong Xs and Os guy. However, given the presence of Fisher, Dave McGinnis, Frank Bush and Chuck Cecil -- all of whom have DC experience -- perhaps that's not as much of an issue as it'd be with another team. Also notable: McGinnis was Singletary's position coach during their time together with the Bears.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jim Thomas:

Rams are interviewing Detroit assistant Tim Walton for their defensive coordinator position.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Another DC option for St. Louis
February, 11, 2013 9:05AM ET
By Tim Kavanagh | ESPN.com

After things fell through between the St. Louis Rams and DC candidate Rob Ryan, Ryan moved on to the New Orleans Saints while the Rams were left to try and find someone else to fill the vacancy on Jeff Fisher's staff. That search first led them to former Browns DC Dick Jauron, but nothing seems to have materialized on that front at this time.

There's a new man in the mix, however: Jim Thomas of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports that former 49ers HC Mike Singletary interviewed for the position this past Thursday.

As Thomas notes, it's an interesting choice, seeing as Singletary is not viewed as a strong Xs and Os guy. However, given the presence of Fisher, Dave McGinnis, Frank Bush and Chuck Cecil -- all of whom have DC experience -- perhaps that's not as much of an issue as it'd be with another team. Also notable: McGinnis was Singletary's position coach during their time together with the Bears.

I really respect Singletary as a coach and would love to see him get an opportunity as a DC. He could show what he's capable of there and get back to being a HC in St Louis when Fischer leaves.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really respect Singletary as a coach and would love to see him get an opportunity as a DC. He could show what he's capable of there and get back to being a HC in St Louis when Fischer leaves.

Trolling? Honest question...

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Trolling? Honest question...

Kind of. I'd love to see him as the DC, and future HC of the St Louis Rams (or Seattle Seahawks, or Arizona Cardinals, or any team that isn't going to be playing in Santa Clara in the near future).