• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coaching carousel 2021

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I realize this is HC related, but gophers will be looking for a new OC

But hasn't he heard that Minnesota has always been the best at sports for the 4,000 years the Earth has been around?!

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry Kill to NMSU. First game he'll coach at this new job? @Minnesota, lol.

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to instigate the Minnesota troll, but I am actually very curious to see who Fleck goes for in an OC. I thought it should've been Simon 2 years ago, but I think there's something where Fleck just wants an OC/QB guy. So who he brings in, and how Simon doesn't get poached (because he's very good), will be interesting.

Guessing whole new OC and Simon drops Co-OC but with AHC title. Fleck's a sharp kid. I just feel like he's going to pull a gem out of nowhere this time after taking a low risk, low reward guy the first time, though the easy option would just be hiring talented QBC/PGC type.RPO

If Minnesota stuck with their slant/RPO program, they'd have gone 10-2 again. Someone who can actually expand on that, and they'll actually start winning the division once in a while. They've got great coaching overall. They're close. There's no reason they can't be as competitive as Wisconsin. MN HS football is just as good if not better. Even if it doesn't pump out the prospects per capita like the southern states, there are a lot of enormous humans that come out of the state.

Last edited:

QuestionSocratic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hiring a 35 yr old, without ANY head coaching experience, for one of the top programs in the country, seems strange and is a big risk, IMO. It's a tough environment to learn on the job.

They probably could have had Fickle but wouldn't wait until January, especially with signing day just two weeks away. Regardless what he has said, I think Urban Meyer would have taken the job, had it been offered. Campbell would also have taken it, if offered.

I hope Freeman does a good job and proves me wrong. Otherwise, ND will be looking for another coach in 3 or 4 years.

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hiring a 35 yr old, without ANY head coaching experience, for one of the top programs in the country, seems strange and is a big risk, IMO. It's a tough environment to learn on the job.

They probably could have had Fickle but wouldn't wait until January, especially with signing day just two weeks away. Regardless what he has said, I think Urban Meyer would have taken the job, had it been offered. Campbell would also have taken it, if offered.

I hope Freeman does a good job and proves me wrong. Otherwise, ND will be looking for another coach in 3 or 4 years.
Well he was the head coach in waiting according to Brian Kelly

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he was the head coach in waiting according to Brian Kelly
He seems liked by the current players, and this keeps the rest of the coaching staff in place, at least for the moment. This should help in keeping the recruits already on board.

All-Star Benchwarmer

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,979.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to instigate the Minnesota troll, but I am actually very curious to see who Fleck goes for in an OC. I thought it should've been Simon 2 years ago, but I think there's something where Fleck just wants an OC/QB guy. So who he brings in, and how Simon doesn't get poached (because he's very good), will be interesting.

Guessing whole new OC and Simon drops Co-OC but with AHC title. Fleck's a sharp kid. I just feel like he's going to pull a gem out of nowhere this time after taking a low risk, low reward guy the first time, though the easy option would just be hiring talented QBC/PGC type.RPO

If Minnesota stuck with their slant/RPO program, they'd have gone 10-2 again. Someone who can actually expand on that, and they'll actually start winning the division once in a while. They've got great coaching overall. They're close. There's no reason they can't be as competitive as Wisconsin. MN HS football is just as good if not better. Even if it doesn't pump out the prospects per capita like the southern states, there are a lot of enormous humans that come out of the state.

Found FDF's alt.....

All-Star Benchwarmer

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,979.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Urban "Myth" Meyer would have to coach in a low lit stadium. His head has an owie! If he ever did coach college football again, it better be at a big name college where the talent can make up for his play calling.

I think bringing up a coach from within the program makes a lot of sense. He's familiar with the players and facilities. As a DC, he has been out recruiting. If he really was the HC in waiting, he'll be fine.