• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coaches we dont want to lose

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Besides Austin, Who do you feel is key to retain on our coaching staff?

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am leaning towards RB coach Curtis Modkins. I think he may have had quite a bit to do with not only the improvement of both Riddick and Bell the last 2 years, but also the draft this year.

And look what he did for George Winn. The guy was a jonitor or something before last year.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Austin. That's about it for me.

Detroit finished 11-5 because of our defense. The rest of our team went backwards. The offense, as a whole, went from a top 5 offense, to a top 25 offense. Our OL played great the prior year, returned every starter and they couldn't run block or pass protect. Special teams weren't any good and our kicking game was only salvaged because of Prater.

It is what it is though. I think Caldwell is a safe coach, who will play it by the book. He is easily replaceable though. Hell -- part of me wants the Lions to fire Caldwell and give Austin the HC job, just so he can continue to run the defensive side of the ball.:nod:

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I give Austin a lot of credit, but I am wondering if Gunther can run this defense now. Most forget he is still on the staff.

Quackerjacked

Falcon
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to lose our defensive line coach. There are a lot of guys that have improved, and there are also a lot of guys that have been crap other places and been good here.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Austin. That's about it for me.

Detroit finished 11-5 because of our defense. The rest of our team went backwards. The offense, as a whole, went from a top 5 offense, to a top 25 offense. Our OL played great the prior year, returned every starter and they couldn't run block or pass protect. Special teams weren't any good and our kicking game was only salvaged because of Prater.

It is what it is though. I think Caldwell is a safe coach, who will play it by the book. He is easily replaceable though. Hell -- part of me wants the Lions to fire Caldwell and give Austin the HC job, just so he can continue to run the defensive side of the ball.:nod:
I'd take that deal in a heartbeat.