• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coaches Film: Saints Game

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love it or hate it, here I go again. I typically just focus on the passing game, since there is usually no question about improvement anywhere else... but, I feel compelled to silence doubts about our pass rush. Chrispozz and Imac fight the good fight, but ignorance won't be denied. So, my two respected posters, I'll do what I can for you.

RayMac1stplayofthegame.png

1st play of the game, our pass rush being a joke... that really isn't RayMac in Brees' face

RayMac3rddown1stdrive.png

After a 2nd down run, Justin in orange, Aldon in Green, RayMac on the big stunt in yellow, forcing a low pass after Brees has to step up and throw or die. Incomplete pass, saints 3 and out and a punt... RayMac earns his keep.

2secondsafterthesnap.png

Sticking with my opening theme, this is later in the quarter after the 49ers scored and part of the Saints scoring drive to answer. This is no shit, 2 seconds after the snap... Brees is already cocked and throwing to the guy with the orange arrow, even though the Smith Stunt gave Aldon an open lane... yeah, our pass rush sucks because they can't get to Brees in less than 2 seconds

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Back to my thing, remember that awesome pass to Manningham where he YAC'd like a master?? Yellow circle.... Yeah, if CK saw it, he could have got just as much or more to VD. This offense is amazing, pick your poison. (orange arrow)

Pocketpressence1.png

pocketpressence2.png

These are two pics in sequence of the same play... when Anthony Davis got beat, CK demonstrated his pocket presence and hit Miller for the 1st down YAC after CK escaped the sure sack... again, not my typical theme... bot definitely noteworthy.

My 1st qtr posts, stay tuned for more

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the start, thanks in advance. I think I speak for all in saying we really appreciate these breakdowns.

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These are awesome. Shows how Kap can really elevate our offense

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
grounding.png

grounding2.png

This isn't really Bowman in Brees face, forcing an intentional grounding before the punt and Ginn fumble... the pass rush just wasn't there.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CKrunwithKyleopen.png

CK ran for the first down here, and pressure forced it... but if time permitted he might have hit Kyle Williams for a big gain possibly TD...

VDopen.png

OK, remember that play were CK escaped the rush and dumped it to Crabtree for the big gain but it got called back on holding because of Anthony Davis.

Well Damn, first big miss for CK... he had VD wide the eff open here. :( that holding should never have happened... oh well, growing pains

1911Alaska

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I love these as well. looking forward to what you have on Kap again. :)

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manningham.png

This was the 3rd and 20 after that penalty that brought back the pass to Crabtree where he missed VD open.

The Saints let Manningham go to cover the short pass, and unfotunately CK dumped to Gore... fuck, he had Manningham wide open.

I should add this looks worse than it really is, i think i paused it after he dumped to gore so the CB dropped off a little... but I still think he could have hit Mario for the 1st

Last edited by a moderator:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Alex weren't missing these recievers but just completing a half of them, Kaep missing them would be a possible reason to start Smith. But with Smith missing them too, I don't see anything to give Smith an advantage, now that we see Kaep making pre-snap reads.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't know what to make of this play, CK eventually went to Manningham short to the top of the field... but the Saints did turn VD loose with a CB outside. Big IF here, but if VD turned that back inside it could have been a big play... but I don't think they've played together long enough to do that sort of sudden adjustment on the fly.

The unfortunate thing is Mario came up with an injured arm/hand after this play... too bad VD wasn't running an inside route here, cause damn... the Saints gave him a TD.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The worst view yet, on CK's INT... Randy beat the hell out of his guy. Dammit. Goodwin gets some blame, and CK gets some for forcing it to the #1 target on the play... shoot.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mariobeingmario.png

Mario being Mario, blowing the top off of the defense. Remember that goofy play where CK hit Crabs short (orange arrow) and the refs whistled him down even though he never was down? Yeah well, Mario doing his thing up top getting to the 2nd level. I think that is VD on the bottom.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1stplay4thqtr.png

This is the first play of the 4th qtr, 3rd and 2... CK passed short to Crabtree (the red arrow) to convert 1st down. Good move, but just to pimp Mario again... that's him at the top beating the socks off of his guy and thats VD on the bottom in space.

I love this offense, our QBs have so many money choices... and once again, I love what Mario brings to this offense.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, appreciate this contribution three

I will say this, sometimes a receiver will look open because the the defense is already reacting to a pass already thrown.

But I still contend that the niners have offensive talent to be a top offense..one that can win games by itself rather than rely on the defense to hold leads late

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1stplay4thqtr.png

This is the first play of the 4th qtr, 3rd and 2... CK passed short to Crabtree (the red arrow) to convert 1st down. Good move, but just to pimp Mario again... that's him at the top beating the socks off of his guy and thats VD on the bottom in space.

I love this offense, our QBs have so many money choices... and once again, I love what Mario brings to this offense.

Yes, many people contend Mario wasnt much of a signing but I think he is such an underrated weapon.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
crabtree.png

Remember the big pass to Walker where he got hit on the hip and injured? Well, Crabby beat his guy too. Just thought I'd give Crabs some extra love.

Randymoss4thqtr.png

Score was 31-21, poor Randy, beat the fuck out of his guy again but I think CK was looking for Walker on the crossing pattern and with the guy in his face who knows if he could have made a good throw.. but, in my book, lost TD to Randy. Akers ended up missing the kick on the next play.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, that's it. CK seems to miss stuff that Alex did, so I'm going to cut Smith some slack for missed opportunities.

With that said, I still prefer the 49ers offense with CK. I love Alex, but he simply can't do some of the stuff that CK can... which I think makes this offense more dangerous. I hope CK starts next Sunday.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Do most QB's miss this many throws?

Seems like since you've been doing this, every week Smith and/or Kaepernick seem to miss a lot of opportunities. Obviously havent seen other teams coaches film so hard to compare and know if our QBs lack the vision as some of the elite QBs

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do most QB's miss this many throws?

Seems like since you've been doing this, every week Smith and/or Kaepernick seem to miss a lot of opportunities. Obviously havent seen other teams coaches film so hard to compare and know if our QBs lack the vision as some of the elite QBs

Well you can't throw to everyone lol. There is only 1 ball and usually QBs will go with the first person they see open I assume

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We also don't know which WR is the first read on these plays so that certainly plays a role. It could be first read open and ball is out, etc.