• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coaches Film: Saints Game

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the analysis, what was significant for me in looking at this is not so much that Kaep missed some open receivers, but that he still made a throw to one of the open downfield receivers. The fact that there were 3 open downfield receivers is probably a little scary for defenses out there, but Kaep at least hit one of them, I think all too often Smith was not throwing to any of the open downfield receivers.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the analysis, what was significant for me in looking at this is not so much that Kaep missed some open receivers, but that he still made a throw to one of the open downfield receivers. The fact that there were 3 open downfield receivers is probably a little scary for defenses out there, but Kaep at least hit one of them, I think all too often Smith was not throwing to any of the open downfield receivers.

Well, not so much this, as most of the time Smith did throw it to one of the open receivers, but I haven't seen as many of the short alternatives for Kaep. Even the dumpoffs seem farther, so that's good for me.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, not so much this, as most of the time Smith did throw it to one of the open receivers, but I haven't seen as many of the short alternatives for Kaep. Even the dumpoffs seem farther, so that's good for me.

I guess that's what I was trying to say.

arsenal6106

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm already looking forward to next week's thread.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If he simply maintained the level of play he has demonstrated in the past three games would you think he was being ineffective?

'three games'?

is this another honest question? :-)

yes, if he maintains these performances, i'd consider it effective. i'll just wait to see him do it in more times, not saying these performances are ineffective.

ie your question is misleading.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
'three games'?

is this another honest question? :-)

yes, if he maintains these performances, i'd consider it effective. i'll just wait to see him do it in more times, not saying these performances are ineffective.

ie your question is misleading.

Misleading? LOL!!! No, my question is not misleading it is revealing.

You claimed: "Kaep still needs to prove he can be an effective pocket passer."

I said: "Colin has already proved he can be effective - the only thing he has left to prove is whether he [can] be consistently effective."

Your answer to my question suggests you agree with me.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Misleading? LOL!!! No, my question is not misleading it is revealing.

You claimed: "Kaep still needs to prove he can be an effective pocket passer."

I said: "Colin has already proved he can be effective - the only thing he has left to prove is whether he [can] be consistently effective."

Your answer to my question suggests you agree with me.

you need to go back and re-read it. i said it is good Kaep has all these tools, but he still needs to show more as a POCKET PASSER.

apparently, you took that to mean Kaep needs to show he's an effective QB period? no wonder

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you need to go back and re-read it. i said it is good Kaep has all these tools, but he still needs to show more as a POCKET PASSER.

apparently, you took that to mean Kaep needs to show he's an effective QB period? no wonder

I put your words in quotations - feel free to go back and re-read them yourself if you need to - I dont.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I put your words in quotations - feel free to go back and re-read them yourself if you need to - I dont.

ok, i did go back and here is my first reply to your post.

Kaep still needs to prove he can be an effective pocket passer. all this stuff is great and it certainly helps a QB, but the key is effective passing. he doesn't need to lead the league, but he does need to be good at it.

go back to your post above this one.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok, i did go back and here is my first reply to your post.

Kaep still needs to prove he can be an effective pocket passer. all this stuff is great and it certainly helps a QB, but the key is effective passing. he doesn't need to lead the league, but he does need to be good at it.

go back to your post above this one.

Why? I know what you said and my comment was directed toward what you said? I'm not the one confused here, Deep.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Why? I know what you said and my comment was directed toward what you said? I'm not the one confused here, Deep.

because it explains what we're talking about, but apparently you have a good reason not to?

there is no sense in continuing.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He has shown effectiveness in the pocket the last two games, or at least what passes for a pocket with the 49er O Line. I'm not too worried about that.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
because it explains what we're talking about, but apparently you have a good reason not to?

there is no sense in continuing.

As I said I know what I'm talking about, you are the one who seems to be confused. My comment was directed at your comment, the comment I quoted from you. Did I remove the words "pocket passer" from your quote?