• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coaches Film: Dolphins

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MossonWakesack.png

MossonWakeSack2.png

Well, Anthony Davis had a pretty bad day... and both times he wiffed on Wake and CK got sacked, Randy Moss was open. Anyway, I thought this play was kinda interesting because it created so much space for Randy. He sold the deep route and then when he cut back he was in a lot of space... but too bad Davis got beat by Wake. But hey, the guy does have 14 sacks on the year... so he's pretty good.

I should say Wake did a pretty good job of disrupting the 49ers, instead of saying Davis had a bad day. The orange circle is Randy and the green arrow is Wake sacking Moss. Pictures might not be lined up to the exact second but they are maybe a fraction of a second off.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AnthonyDavis1.png

AnthonyDavis.png

Well, I think Anthony Davis screwed up here and he thought Vernon Davis was staying back to block so his first move was a lunge to his left and shoved the guy who engaged Boone, and then when he realized nobody had Wake... he tried to get back... one thing I didn't notice during the game was that LMJ ran right between Davis and Wake... maybe that helped Wake??

The really sad thing is that if Anthony would have gone for Wake right away... Randy beat his guy and could have had an easy TD, although CK was looking at Crabtree the whole time so he might not have seen Moss in time.

One thing I'm starting to notice is that Randy gets open in the endzone, I don't understand why they don't try to get him the ball a little more often. He is the 2nd all time TD guy for a reason... he's pretty good down there.

AnthonyDavis2.png

I don't know what to say about where Anthony Davis is from the 2nd to 3rd picture, just watching it live though and maybe the picture shows it since he is standing by himself on the 3rd one. Once he realized Wake beat him he just turned away from him and looked for someone else to block inside. Which I guess is kinda smart if CK gets Wake to miss, then he would be in position to block somebody if CK ran to his right. Anyway, not a good play for Davis.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JenkinsOpen.png

JenkinsOpen2.png

Here is a play that I think it was Imac who mentioned it... where Jenkins got open early in the game but CK got sacked. The offensive line kinda blew it there, Staley got pushed back so far that CK ran into him when he tried to escape the guys that had Iupati and Goodwin completely turned around... then eventually Anthony Davis' guy hit and stripped CK, and Davis fell on the ball.

BTW, he could have had VD there for an easy pass to the sidelines around the 35 yard line, when VD cut his guy slipped so he was pretty open himself.

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
AnthonyDavis1.png

AnthonyDavis.png

Well, I think Anthony Davis screwed up here and he thought Vernon Davis was staying back to block so his first move was a lunge to his left and shoved the guy who engaged Boone, and then when he realized nobody had Wake... he tried to get back... one thing I didn't notice during the game was that LMJ ran right between Davis and Wake... maybe that helped Wake??

The really sad thing is that if Anthony would have gone for Wake right away... Randy beat his guy and could have had an easy TD, although CK was looking at Crabtree the whole time so he might not have seen Moss in time.

One thing I'm starting to notice is that Randy gets open in the endzone, I don't understand why they don't try to get him the ball a little more often. He is the 2nd all time TD guy for a reason... he's pretty good down there.

AnthonyDavis2.png

I don't know what to say about where Anthony Davis is from the 2nd to 3rd picture, just watching it live though and maybe the picture shows it since he is standing by himself on the 3rd one. Once he realized Wake beat him he just turned away from him and looked for someone else to block inside. Which I guess is kinda smart if CK gets Wake to miss, then he would be in position to block somebody if CK ran to his right. Anyway, not a good play for Davis.

I saw that during the game but the announcers failed to note it. No way for Davis to slide to the right where Wake was coming from because LMJ was blocking his path... This was on LMJ ... He could have chipped Wake on his way... This is purely inexperience on his part on blitz pick up

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MossandCrabs.png

MossandCrabs2.png

Here is a play where CK might have been able to take a shot down the field to Randy who wasn't necessarily wide open but he had a half step on his guy, and I dunno, I'd prefer the team take a shot like that with Randy one-on-one. I was hoping that was why CK was starting, so with his strong arm the team would take these shots. He also had Crabtree kinda open since he was starting to cut back and sit down in that open space. Eventually CK just dumped it to Gore who got hit almost right away.

BTW, he took a pretty big shot after he dumped it to Gore. You can see the guy who hit him with a pretty clear path in front of Anthony Davis

Last edited by a moderator:

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MossPI.png

MossPI2.png

MossPI3.png

I watched the game online... so I didn't have a good image, but now after this I'm pretty damn pissed that the official who was standing right fucking there watching the play decided to ignore that the Dolphins guy was pulling on Randy's arm with the ball in the air, once Randy got his hand under it, and still holding on to it so that Moss couldn't wrap it up.

Refs suck, throw the damn flag you asshole.... this is in Candlestick, no need to give homefield calls to the fucking Visitors

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Just a random note: in 129 attempts, Kaep only has one interception. And that one came on a bad snap when he didn't have time to survey the field during a 2 minute drill. That's pretty good for a 2nd year player in his first few games.

He's gonna need to keep that up if the Niners want t' win in the playoffs.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VD2ndqtr.png

VD2ndqtr2.png

This was in the 2nd Qtr when CK eventually just threw it away and they kicked the FG. VD got himself pretty well open but CK never even looked to the left side of the field. Even if he did look over there and get it to VD, its kind of a long shot to say he would have picked up the first or got a TD so it would have just made the FG closer.

I guess my gripe is that with VD and Moss on one side, I don't like that our QB doesn't even look their way. Get the ball to your playmakers on key 3rd downs, don't look for Crabtree everytime.

BTW, of course since CK never looked to his left.. that might be why VD was so open.

Last edited by a moderator:

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CKpullsdown.png

CKpullsdown2.png

CKpullsdown3.png

This is that play where CK pulled down his pass and got sacked almost right after he pulled down the throw. I think he was going to VD, who as you can see from the 2nd picture was covered up when CK was looking to pass to him.

I think he was looking at VD because in the 3rd picture you can see that the safety fell down. What happened was he started to go in on VD and then was like oh shit a pump fake and tried to spin around to be in position to cover Jenkins who got behind his guy. Thats Jenkins at the 40 yard line on top of the screen.

So one thing about this game, speedy little Jenkins got behind his corner twice. That's kinda neat.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VD4thqtr.png

VD4thqtr2.png

VD open in a lot of space, but CK was just looking for a shorter pass. It would have just been VD and the safety so who knows what happens. Maybe he lays on a big hit for an incomplete pass, or maybe VD slips the tackle for a big gain. CK had time so he didn't have to go underneath.

Kinda disappointed that they don't make it a point to get VD more involved, he still seems to get himself into space a few times a game.

VDtriple.png

This last picture might show a little bit why VD is not getting a lot of throws his way. VD pretty much flies past the linebackers but the CB is falling into a deep zone into the area where VD is headed, and the deep safety... so CK wisely passes it to Crabtree who is wide open. You can see CK is already throwing it and the CB in the zone is starting to come back to Crabs.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VDopen-1.png

VDopen2.png

Here is another play where VD worked himself into some space, but CK never looked his way and threw to his left. I'm not really sure he is open because you can see that CB falling back into zone in that area, so even if CK was looking to his right it might have changed where the CB and safety would be since they are just watching CK look at the other side of the field.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is that play where CK pulled down his pass and got sacked almost right after he pulled down the throw. I think he was going to VD, who as you can see from the 2nd picture was covered up when CK was looking to pass to him.

I think he was looking at VD because in the 3rd picture you can see that the safety fell down. What happened was he started to go in on VD and then was like oh shit a pump fake and tried to spin around to be in position to cover Jenkins who got behind his guy. Thats Jenkins at the 40 yard line on top of the screen.

So one thing about this game, speedy little Jenkins got behind his corner twice. That's kinda neat.

You know on 2nd thought, maybe he was looking for Jenkins but noticed that the secondary was trying to bait him. Maybe that guy let Jenkins go, knowing that the other CB was falling into zone coverage there. Maybe CK saw that at the last second and pulled down the pass, if that was the scenario... good on CK.

Cause it kinda looks like the guy on Jenkins is peeling off to cover the guy underneath that the CB left open to fall into that deep zone.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a random note: in 129 attempts, Kaep only has one interception. And that one came on a bad snap when he didn't have time to survey the field during a 2 minute drill. That's pretty good for a 2nd year player in his first few games.

He's gonna need to keep that up if the Niners want t' win in the playoffs.

That is pretty impressive, because I'm starting to feel like the Dolphins tried to bait him into throws to VD and Jenkins in this game by letting them "get open" by beating the guy covering them... but they were also sneaking the CB into that area in hopes that the CB would undercut the route for an easy INT. CK didn't fall for it once.

Harbaugh did a good job of coaching CK up.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is pretty impressive, because I'm starting to feel like the Dolphins tried to bait him into throws to VD and Jenkins in this game by letting them "get open" by beating the guy covering them... but they were also sneaking the CB into that area in hopes that the CB would undercut the route for an easy INT. CK didn't fall for it once.

Harbaugh did a good job of coaching CK up.

I hope that's the case, because he's going to get a lot of that vs the Pats defense. Check out their turnover ratio.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, in conclusion.

Anthony Davis had a pretty rough day. Seemed like every big sack or big hit on CK came from the right side of the O-Line, and often Davis was the culprit. No real shame though, Wake is one of the better pass rushers in the game.

I think CK had a pretty good game, in my opinion the Dolphins tried to bait him into throwing sideline passes to VD mostly, once to Jenkins, by letting them beat the first guys with the outside CB falling into a zone position that would have given the CB a great chance at getting an INT. For instance, most of the times I pictured VD open on the sidelines you can see the CB is sneaking into the spot where VD would have been going.

I think CK only made two passes that I disagree with, when he went to the short pass short of the 1st down marker when he had VD crossing the middle of the field in a lot of space... and where I wish he would have took a shot to Moss who had a half a step on his guy and he was completely behind the defense, but instead he dumped to Gore. The Dolphins probably would have got away with PI on that one too, but, I just wish the offense took more shots down the field and I think that was a perfect opportunity to do so.