• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coach Saban wasn't that great...

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's really funny is he is perfectly ok with all of Jim hargaugh's skating and bending the NCAA's rules.

That's because in his eyes Jimmy Jam can do no wrong. You know what else he can't do? Beat Ohio State, win his division, win multiple big time bowl game. And the closest thing to a Natty Jimmy duh Great has are his back to back Spring Game championships.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are doing exactly the same thing 4D20 is doing. You are defending everything Harbaugh is doing and vilifying Saban. Harbaugh is skating rules and bending them. He's "over signing" just like every other school does. You are just as much a blind homer as 4D20 is.

Defending would mean I'm making excuses for him. I've literally said he pushing the boundary of the rules. I've literally said he is using the satellite camps for recruiting purposes. I've literally said the spring break trip was to put the school in front of the IMG students. I've literally said he has handed out medical hardships to clear roster space for guys who aren't hurt.

If I were making excuses, I'd be arguing that Harbaugh said he was doing satellite camps because he 'loves coaching football'. I'd be arguing the spring trip was a team building trip.

The closest excuse I've made for Harbaugh is the scholarship he pulled because he told the guy they wanted him to attend a camp twice and he didn't.

The only other 'excuse', if that is what you want to call it, is that I said when he was hired we wouldn't see how good UM could be until he has his own recruits and own QB under center. I still stand by that.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are doing exactly the same thing 4D20 is doing. You are defending everything Harbaugh is doing and vilifying Saban. Harbaugh is skating rules and bending them. He's "over signing" just like every other school does. You are just as much a blind homer as 4D20 is.

And I should add -- he hasn't oversigned. If you look at the 2014 and 2015 classes. Those are the reason why they could sign huge classes the last two years. In 2014, they only signed 16 and 2015, they only signed 14.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defending would mean I'm making excuses for him. I've literally said he pushing the boundary of the rules. I've literally said he is using the satellite camps for recruiting purposes. I've literally said the spring break trip was to put the school in front of the IMG students. I've literally said he has handed out medical hardships to clear roster space for guys who aren't hurt.

If I were making excuses, I'd be arguing that Harbaugh said he was doing satellite camps because he 'loves coaching football'. I'd be arguing the spring trip was a team building trip.

The closest excuse I've made for Harbaugh is the scholarship he pulled because he told the guy they wanted him to attend a camp twice and he didn't.

The only other 'excuse', if that is what you want to call it, is that I said when he was hired we wouldn't see how good UM could be until he has his own recruits and own QB under center. I still stand by that.
How many parents and coaches of recruits has Harbaugh hired? Nice way to buy players. Everything Saban has done is legal just like Harbaugh. You can call it dirty, sneaky, bending rules but it's all allowed. Every coach is looking to get an edge.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I should add -- he hasn't oversigned. If you look at the 2014 and 2015 classes. Those are the reason why they could sign huge classes the last two years. In 2014, they only signed 16 and 2015, they only signed 14.
If Harbaugh hasn't over signed, then no coach has ever over signed.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@TrustMeIamRight
Would Gentry be one his QB's since he went and flipped him to Michigan and stole him from another school or does he get a pass on that too?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@TrustMeIamRight
Would Gentry be one his QB's since he went and flipped him to Michigan and stole him from another school or does he get a pass on that too?
Gentry was moved to TE within a month of being on campus. They are supposedly going to use him as a TE/WR type role this year. If you watched any of the UM spring game -- Gentry is the guy who caught the 55 yard touchdown on Peters first pass.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gentry was moved to TE within a month of being on campus. They are supposedly going to use him as a TE/WR type role this year. If you watched any of the UM spring game -- Gentry is the guy who caught the 55 yard touchdown on Peters first pass.
I didn't watch anyone's spring game. I don't care to watch team's practices.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need a sheep emoji, because all I got out of your 'response' (excuses) was BAAAAH BAAAAAH, followed by you,:wank::saban:

I will make this simple for you -- contrary to the belief of the feeble minded Bama faithful, these kids are recruited by the school. Some of them are asked to travel across the country to attend school by a coach who is telling their parents, they will treat them as one of their own kids. CFB isn't a NFL factory, it is a sport where the select few who excel can move on to make a living, but the advanced education is what you are promising these kids. You have continued to talk about 1 year scholarships, but I've yet to hear of the players Saban has cut from the team after a year? Or cut from the team after 2 years? Or cut from the team after 3 years?

So you are going to argue about a dedication to kids scholarships in a debate about...them continuing their education despite their inability to play for the team?

The only way Saban cuts people from the team is if they screw up. Other than that, they have honest talks with kids about what their position and role on the team is, and kids will transfer out to compete elsewhere - sometimes even when Saban doesn't want them too.

You know why you don't hear about that? Because it would make the school look terrible to future recruits parents and give other schools ammo to sway a recruit.

Oh no, they take care of the kids, it's fucking terrible I tell you, just fucking terrible.

So they use a loophole and bent the rules to rid the team of Shula's recruits. The fact you are defending it is humorous and tells me how big of a blind homer you are. Saban could kill your first born and say it was an accident and like the sheep you are, you'd believe him.

If a player is able to play after an injury is relative to the talent on the team. I'm sure Tyrone Prothro could have gone out there and "played" in 2007 as far as being able to run at some speed, and do whatever even after his grueling injury that he has had a dozen surgeries since.

But that doesn't mean he would have been able to play at the level needed to compete and contribute to the team. He no doubt would have lost a good bit of speed, flexibility and agility due to his injuries.

Now, if the team is low on talent, then maybe even after such injuries he could still contribute to such a team. He might could have transferred to some JC team and got playing time, to which people like yourself would be like "Them Alabama doctors just pushed him off the team". But on a team stacked with talent, such a player is basically unable to perform at the level needed and thus takes a medical.

It's all about the level of play after the injury and it's all relative to the team. But carry on with your ignorance.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I notice he now ignores the WSJ article since that's been debunked.

Taking wagers on how many pages before he mentions it again like it hasn't.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many parents and coaches of recruits has Harbaugh hired? Nice way to buy players. Everything Saban has done is legal just like Harbaugh. You can call it dirty, sneaky, bending rules but it's all allowed. Every coach is looking to get an edge.

Yet again. I've never said anything about Saban doing illegal things. This whole thing started when Bama fans started chiming in how Harbaugh and the satellite camps. I responded saying Saban has pushed the boundary of the rules more than any coach and is the most cut throat coach in CFB. They said he wasn't, so I listed all the dirty, cut throat things Saban has done -- instead of owning it, they tried to make excuses for it all.

1. The Saban Rule -- he wasn't cheating, he really did accidentally numb into high profile recruits over and over and over in a dead recruiting period. Illegal? No. Shady. Absolutely. He was so blatant they took the option away from all coaches.

2. Medical Hardships and Grayshirts -- he wasn't using loopholes in recruiting to gain an advantage. Alabama got hurt more than the entire SEC combined and it just so happened to be the guys sitting on the bench and it just so happened to end once Shula's recruits were gone. Illegal? No. Shady and cut throat? Absolutely.

3. Bo Davis being forced out -- One of Saban's guys get busted visiting recruits in a dead period. Bama fans -- Saban had no idea and Davis went rogue on these trips. Illegal? For Davis, yes. Shady? Absolutely.

Don't have time to list the rest. Mother's Day at the in laws. I just enjoy laughing at Bama fans who think Saban is this squeaky clean coach and they come up worth excuses for everything. Any coach at a big school is shady and cut throat, it comes with the territory.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. The players QUOTED in the national newspaper were probably lying. And the medical hardships mysteriously went back to normal after Shula's recruits were gone was just a coincidence. Even the fact Bama handed out more medical hardships than their ENTIRE CONFERENCE COMBINED over those 4 years and the blind homers still can't figure it out. :lol:
:fuck2give::violin::drum::thrasher::deadhorse:

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What did you debunk? They literally have players saying they were approached by the coaching staff ASKING them to take a medical hardship. Not a medical staff saying they couldn't play, not a player telling a coach he is done, the coaching staff asks the players to take a medical.

That is what happens when you hand out too many scholarships and have to open up scholarship spots.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What did you debunk? They literally have players saying they were approached by the coaching staff ASKING them to take a medical hardship. Not a medical staff saying they couldn't play, not a player telling a coach he is done, the coaching staff asks the players to take a medical.

That is what happens when you hand out too many scholarships and have to open up scholarship spots.

The WSJ article interviewed 3 people.

1 of them was not critical of what happened at all.

1 of them said he thought he could still play, but accepted the diagnosis.

There was only 1 guy who said he felt it was pushed on him and that he was a little bitter before it went on to say he accepted the offer and was very well treated. He wasn't playing any significant time in his own words.

That person was Chuck Kirschman, who had a reoccurring ankle injury that started way back in high school.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Same page was the winner.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There was only 1 guy who said he felt it was pushed on him and that he was a little bitter before it went on to say he accepted the offer and was very well treated. He wasn't playing any significant time in his own words.

That person was Chuck Kirschman, who had a reoccurring ankle injury that started way back in high school.

So debunking the article is players saying they were approached and pressured to accept medical hardships by the coaching staff? You do know that is exactly what the article was stating?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So debunking the article is players saying they were approached and pressured to accept medical hardships by the coaching staff? You do know that is exactly what the article was stating?

Players?