• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

coach lost the game

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
unbelievable he ran the kind of play he did in regulation to score with that much time left on the clock. just STUPID!

TheSnowdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant explain it but for some reason watching Franklin coach is more frustrating more rage-inducing than any other coach I have watched

And this goes back many years - to the Marion Campbell coached Eagles to Rich Kotite etc.

Again I cant explain it - maybe it is because Franklin routinely seems to lose games he should win and maybe no matter how good of a team he has I don't ever see him the national championship because of some head scratching decision or decisions

:noidea: oh well have to hope I'm wrong

I'll keep cheering PSU on and Franklin on since his success will be PSU success as long as he is the coach

Next up is Ohio State oy hope they can upset them

We Are Decent

Depressed Penn State Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point, I would rather want to demand playing Ohio State as our first game for every year from now on. I am sick & tired of these clowns overlooking every opponent before their annual Ohio State game where they will likely lose. It's frustrates me to no end why we keep losing to teams that are clearly inferior and have nothing to lose on top of that.

The final two minutes by the way...dear god...a youth football coach would've sealed the game better.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Franklin's strength is recruiting. He is horrible as a game day coach. He regularly gets out coached.

Sadly in this game he had to beat Indiana and the refs. I think that one sack the PSU player had him by the shoulder. On the player where Penix scored the TD late he stood over a PSU player. The is a personal foul but was not called. The final two point conversion can be debated. I don't agree with the call but it was very close.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Franklin's strength is recruiting. He is horrible as a game day coach. He regularly gets out coached.

Sadly in this game he had to beat Indiana and the refs. I think that one sack the PSU player had him by the shoulder. On the player where Penix scored the TD late he stood over a PSU player. The is a personal foul but was not called. The final two point conversion can be debated. I don't agree with the call but it was very close.
You make some good points. This was one of the most bizarre games I've ever seen. All PSU had to do was make one of their three field goals to win this game and that last one was an absolute gift that seemed to fall half a foot short, inside the upright.

I think you are talking about the non-existent face mask they called on the final Indiana drive in regulation. That just gave them 15 free yards and like you say, the taunting on the score was another 15 yards taken from us that could've decided the game in our favor.

As for the final play of the game, every replay I look at shows one tip of the ball hitting the out of bounds chalk a split second before the other end breaks the plane of the goal line via the pylon. I understand the rule is that the call on the field was probably too close to overturn, but that one play was the whole damn game. If you got it wrong by a centimeter, you have to overturn it, in my opinion.