• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Clowney

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL is a quarterback league. If you dont have one, you aint gonna win.

The league is built on getting to the quarterback and protecting the quarterback. So, getting a pass rusher is a must. But they already got one of those guys, and they just paid him Quarterback money. Why draft Clowney? Just didnt and dont see the reasoning.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woody Hayes said the most useless player is an injured one.

I get it and don't disagree, but not a good one to use...Woody Hayes may have been a great coach, but he was a nut.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A chance for him to finally get this injury behind him and try again sometime after the first couple of weeks of the 2015 NFL season.

Last edited by a moderator:

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the question for Clowney is whether his body will hold up. So far he is looking like football's version of Greg Odom without looking 50 years older than he really is. Jadeveon has battled injuries a lot over the past 2 years and I'd really like to see if he truly has top tier talent next year when he finally recovers. IMO it's way too early to call him a bust especially when he is out due to an unfortunate and mild injury.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Ok now the Texans need to be worried. Microfracture surgery can be a death sentence for athletic careers.

Ok Texans: Kaepernick for Clowney. Straight up. You like?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was a guy back in 2011 that had what looks like a similar injury and he went from top-3 pick to end of the 2nd round pick because of it. Most thought he wouldn't make it to his 2nd contract before the knee gave out so if this is true about his knee then we could see another promising career dismantled by injury.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
There was a guy back in 2011 that had what looks like a similar injury and he went from top-3 pick to end of the 2nd round pick because of it. Most thought he wouldn't make it to his 2nd contract before the knee gave out so if this is true about his knee then we could see another promising career dismantled by injury.

Da'Quan Bowers.

Coincidentally, he & Clowney were both the #1 recruited prospects in the nation out of high school in their recruiting years.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Da'Quan Bowers.

Coincidentally, he & Clowney were both the #1 recruited prospects in the nation out of high school in their recruiting years.

Couldn't quite remember his name so thank you. Thought about looking it up but was feeling lazy. I remember just after the Super Bowl quite a few people had him mocked to the Broncos as the #2 pick. As news came out about his knee he nose dived down boards. Hard to see a kid with such promise not taken down by talent but by injury. Happens all the time though. Looks like Clowney could be heading down the same path.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's it, I'll call it now. Clowney will never be 'great' and will be lucky to last through his contract.

I've seen way too many players get microfracture surgery and have to call it quits or never fully recover from it. Microfracture surgery is like the worst of the worst. It's like a 75% chance at best to recover and even then re-injury (due to sports) is possible. Given Clowney's work ethic on top of that, it's just not gonna happen.

Sorry Houston.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the question for Clowney is whether his body will hold up. So far he is looking like football's version of Greg Odom without looking 50 years older than he really is. Jadeveon has battled injuries a lot over the past 2 years and I'd really like to see if he truly has top tier talent next year when he finally recovers. IMO it's way too early to call him a bust especially when he is out due to an unfortunate and mild injury.

It may be premature but unfortunately I think it's easy to say he will be a bust, it will be a huge challenge for him to come out and change his fortune, especially after serious surgery.

If I was putting money on it I would have to roll with bust, but it could be a great comeback story in a couple years.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Houston did the WRONG thing.

Never should have drafted him number one. Not even taking into account any of his red flags (minor ones, if that, officially).

They should have taken a QB.

If not a QB, they should have parlayed several draft picks out of that slot by trading down.

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was disturbing to hear that Clowney was not rigorously rehabbing during the season.

That's a biggie, and reflects on his competitive nature and drive.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The surgery he is getting will knock him down a peg from whatever upside he had which is a shame. Still way too early to call him a bust especially since he'll play with one of the most dominant defensive players anyone has ever seen.

I also don't think it was unrealistic to say that someone had Aaron Donald as the best defensive player coming out of the draft last year. I had Donald #3 on my overall big board behind Clowney and Mack.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was another lock to be great on D and so far looks like a Bust. A lot of injuries for him. He needs to have a nice bounce back year this year. I thought he would be really good with Houston because he will have Watt helping him take pressure off of him. Cant wait to see how he plays this year when healthy.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The surgery he is getting will knock him down a peg from whatever upside he had which is a shame. Still way too early to call him a bust especially since he'll play with one of the most dominant defensive players anyone has ever seen.

I also don't think it was unrealistic to say that someone had Aaron Donald as the best defensive player coming out of the draft last year. I had Donald #3 on my overall big board behind Clowney and Mack.

I actually was banging the drum for the Broncos to do whatever it took to trade up and get Donald. I thought him and Mack were 1a and 1b for this past draft and I think they showed that was pretty much true so far. I thought Mack was a guy that in the future could be just a hair worse version of Von Miller and Donald's tape in college was probably one of the best I have ever seen of a defensive player. Throw in then him having a good combine and it just confirmed what you saw on tape.

As for Clowney unfortunately he suffered one of those injuries that modern medicine while improving on the injury still haven't gotten it where it doesn't affect the player all that much. ACL's and MCL's anymore a player can come back even better than before the injury but this microfracture injury is one that could have Clowney out of the league in 5-years or so and who knows what production you will get in that time frame. He is an athletic freak though so who knows what he can do with this. Maybe this is the wake up call he needed to actually do something with all of his talent.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Injured or a Bust. I see no difference between the 2. Not playing is not playing.

How about this difference? An injured player can recover and become a solid contributor or even a Pro Bowler. A bust can't. Is that "no difference"?

Four games into any player's career is far, far too early to know how they will end up.