• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Clowney

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Make sure you watch highlights tonight. From watching him play today, I cant imagine him not going number 1 in next years draft. He is playing against a future 1st or 2nd round pick likely as well. Total domination and this guy held his own vs him last year.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually wouldnt mind seeing the Giants win at least 5 games to make sure they dont get a shot at him.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually wouldnt mind seeing the Giants win at least 5 games to make sure they dont get a shot at him.

We need hope the skids win a few more too. I guess we can simply hope NY and Wash split their games and the Jags lose out.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
are you guys really hoping division teams WIN games? So they don't get a prospect?

:L

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
are you guys really hoping division teams WIN games? So they don't get a prospect?

:L

YES. Maybe Clowney becomes a bust but I'd rather not risk seeing him in NY or DC. If you think about it, 1 of them have to win a game or 2 because they play each other twice. It's not like I'm pulling for them to make the playoffs. Just don't want them drafting first.

Last edited by a moderator:

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YES. Maybe Clowney becomes a bust but I'd rather not risk seeing him in NY or DC.

blahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Id rather them die a miserable death this season

Neither are one piece away

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That dude has no chance of becoming a bust
, unless he gets injured.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but Clowney would be a very nice piece to start with.

neither is starting.

Both have high dollar contracts on certain players. And more high dollar contracts coming up.

both teams are likely to trade down at this point...... gain extra picks to replace players they wont be able to afford than take a solo pick to get killed around a team they cant afford to keep together

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
neither is starting.

Both have high dollar contracts on certain players. And more high dollar contracts coming up.

both teams are likely to trade down at this point...... gain extra picks to replace players they wont be able to afford than take a solo pick to get killed around a team they cant afford to keep together

I guess we will have to disagree. I see Washington needing a few linemen on both side of the ball to become very good.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That dude has no chance of becoming a bust
, unless he gets injured.[/QUOTE

Anyone can be a bust. Happens every year.

Injury could happen. He may decide to try basketball even though he has never played. Other than that, maybe Olympics??? The one knock on him is heart and whether he really loves to play.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YES. Maybe Clowney becomes a bust but I'd rather not risk seeing him in NY or DC. If you think about it, 1 of them have to win a game or 2 because they play each other twice. It's not like I'm pulling for them to make the playoffs. Just don't want them drafting first.

Won't make a difference to the skins. They won't have a first round draft pick next year, it goes to the Rams.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Won't make a difference to the skins. They won't have a first round draft pick next year, it goes to the Rams.

Shit, I forgot about that. In that case I hope the skins end up with the worst record in the NFL.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit, I forgot about that. In that case I hope the skins end up with the worst record in the NFL.

Lol, of course you do... Back at ya!

Clowney would be a scary addition to the Gnats, however.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we will have to disagree. I see Washington needing a few linemen on both side of the ball to become very good.

Thing with the Skins is ... and this is why they dont scare me.

They will have a ton of money to spend this offseason...... but haw has that worked for them in the past? Best team they have put together in a decade was built through the draft..... They gave away their drafts for RG3

IF and If they got lucky on free agents ... by the time it takes to assemble a SB team through FA.... guess what RG3 contract will come up. Then they have to either part ways or pay the man 20 million a year ( inflation likely more if he is the real deal)

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thing with the Skins is ... and this is why they dont scare me.

They will have a ton of money to spend this offseason...... but haw has that worked for them in the past? Best team they have put together in a decade was built through the draft..... They gave away their drafts for RG3

IF and If they got lucky on free agents ... by the time it takes to assemble a SB team through FA.... guess what RG3 contract will come up. Then they have to either part ways or pay the man 20 million a year ( inflation likely more if he is the real deal)

Given our front offices track record in the past, your points are valid. Unlike some skins fans, I think we've improved with decision making in the last few years. With the exception of year 1 in the Shanny regime, most of the decision making regarding the roster has been pretty solid. Now, if we go off on a spending spree, signing FAs that are aging and overpriced, we will be in big trouble. I really think we've learned our lesson.

I agree with Manster about O lineman, but I would add a legitimate #2 receiver, yet another safety and CB, a solid replacement for London and perhaps a reliable punter.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given our front offices track record in the past, your points are valid. Unlike some skins fans, I think we've improved with decision making in the last few years. With the exception of year 1 in the Shanny regime, most of the decision making regarding the roster has been pretty solid. Now, if we go off on a spending spree, signing FAs that are aging and overpriced, we will be in big trouble. I really think we've learned our lesson.

I agree with Manster about O lineman, but I would add a legitimate #2 receiver, yet another safety and CB, a solid replacement for London and perhaps a reliable punter.

I agree once again ( lol @ agreeing with a skin fan :P rare)

biggest problem with both teams is our owners...... I doubt anyone questions that

Jerry can sit back for 2-3 years .... but then he is once again Jerry.... Danny boy is the same way. I don't him sitting back with free money ..... Me personally I dont see it .... He's impatient ... Just like Jerry .... and They both always think they are one player away and give up on a system one year early.
I think you need a #1 receiver .... I think what you consider your #1 is a true #2 .... Also think you need two safeties ... not one .... Hall is getting old .... He has to be replaced. Fletcher has to be replaced.... A few O-linemen.....

Thats alot of pieces to pick up in 1-2 offseasons................ Even if yall had the top draft pick in the coming draft .... would help your club more to trade down and pick up extra picks to fill those voids .... rather than 1 pick .... that wont win you a superbowl

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree once again ( lol @ agreeing with a skin fan :P rare)

biggest problem with both teams is our owners...... I doubt anyone questions that

Jerry can sit back for 2-3 years .... but then he is once again Jerry.... Danny boy is the same way. I don't him sitting back with free money ..... Me personally I dont see it .... He's impatient ... Just like Jerry .... and They both always think they are one player away and give up on a system one year early.
I think you need a #1 receiver .... I think what you consider your #1 is a true #2 .... Also think you need two safeties ... not one .... Hall is getting old .... He has to be replaced. Fletcher has to be replaced.... A few O-linemen.....

Thats alot of pieces to pick up in 1-2 offseasons................ Even if yall had the top draft pick in the coming draft .... would help your club more to trade down and pick up extra picks to fill those voids .... rather than 1 pick .... that wont win you a superbowl

All good points, particularly regarding our damn owners. I too, often find myself agreeing with your posts...a sensible cowboy...who woulda thunk it? :whistle:

I'm taking into account Phillip Thomas, 4th round strong safety, out at the beginning of the season with a lisfranc injury. He was showing promise. Amerson is coming along at CB. Regardless, still a bit too early in the season to know for sure where either team will fall in terms of draft needs. A lot of football left and a lot of opportunities for guys to step up.

As to Garçon, if you put him on any other team, he wouldn't be a #1, but for our needs he's enough. Problem is, you gotta have a second WR who is a threat and we haven't seen that consistently this year. Moss, unbelievably, has the 2nd best numbers... What pisses me off most is our lame use of 2 TE sets, cannot understand why we are not implementing this more on offense.