• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Clippers need to look into trading Blake Griffin...

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A.) if Blake doesn't change his game and B.) if they can get back equal value.

To be clear, I think that Blake is AWESOME at putting on a show and it can be argued that that show puts butts in the seats. Those 3 breakaway dunks in a row against the warriors had me on the EDGE of my seat in anticipation of the next highlight.....HOWEVER, while Blake is the human highlight reel, his game leaves ALOT to be desired. He doesn't have that great of a mid range shot, he has no post game, and he's below average at shooting free throws. Considering that Deandre Jordan is a defensive center mostly while being limited on offense, Blake cannot play the same way he does. 2 limited big men with no mid-range shot and no post game is a recipe for DISASTER on offense. They both want to get spoon fed from CP3, and so long as that continues, the Clippers will continue to hang selfies in Staples.

You MUST HAVE space to run an efficient offense. Just look at the Heat for comparisons sake. Lebron is usually the PG or the Big man down low in the post(smh Bosh). When he's the PG, he's surrounded by shooters that space the floor and allow for him to either drive the lane 1 on 1 or dish it off for a wide open look. When he's in the post, the same applies. If Chris Bosh didn't have a mid range shot, that offense would not be as near as efficient(unless they went small). The Clippers don't really go small at the PF/C spot often so Blake and Deandre is there come crunch time. My whole point is yes, CP3 can and has been THAT GUY for the Clppers...but so long as Blake is content to clog the lane(along with Deandre) and wait for a lob, this half-court offense will NOT be good enough to win a title as the pace slows down in the playoffs....which brings me to my original point.....

If Blake Griffin doesn't want to change his game from being just the human highlight reel...at some point, the Clippers need to look into trading him. Again this is total spitballing, but assuming they're trying to keep star power and youth, they should look into trading for Lamarcus Aldridge or Kevin Love. These guys don't have the flash of Blake Griffin but they complement Deandre Jordan TEN times better than Blake does. Aldridge has a post game and a mid-range shot, while Love has an outside shot and better overall game than Blake. The Clippers would be more of a title contender with Aldridge or Love at PF(assuming Blake doesn't change his game). Logically, I could totally see the timberwolves jumping at the chance to have Blake Griffin instead of Kevin Love.

Lastly, for the Clippers, somebody has to be that 2nd guy. They don't have a star or even a quasi-star(a Rudy Gay type) on the wing, and they have 2 big men that are only good for lob city. Blake Griffin will have the final say on how deep this team goes in the playoffs....

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus the defense they're playing isn't good for the playoffs either

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We already know all this, but thanks for the insight...now let's get back to what this NBA forum is really about.

Leflop being a cry baby & coward along with bandwagon Heat fans who leave game 6 of the finals because they thought their team lost & then they try to get back in when they heard they won...Pathetic! :L

:sadbron:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Doc Rivers will teach Blake the necessities in playing good basketball and bring him up to a higher level.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Doc Rivers will teach Blake the necessities in playing good basketball and bring him up to a higher level.

For all the hard hard he talks about in his commercials don't you think he would have learned it if he were capable of it?

I think they should blow it up...or at least trade Blake...Bake would be the perfect seat seller for teams who just want to sell tickets and not pay luxury taxes.

He may also be decent compensation to a team for Bird rights for a Power forward looking to put himself in a good position to win rings...say an LBJ?

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow this just in...Clippers would be sick and the ideal big 3.

They have a Big, a PG and then LBJ to play 2-4 depending on who they have on the floor to best suit them.

Their shooters are serviceable...maybe they could find an upgrade for 1 of them, but damn man.

Exact same could be said of Houston but they have much better shooters.

Then there is GSW with better shooters and a less skilled or reliable big.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow this just in...Clippers would be sick and the ideal big 3.

They have a Big, a PG and then LBJ to play 2-4 depending on who they have on the floor to best suit them.

That would be horrible to pair CP3 with LBJ. Both like controlling things on offense. Neither are really good off-ball offensive players. I don't see that being a good combo.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be horrible to pair CP3 with LBJ. Both like controlling things on offense. Neither are really good off-ball offensive players. I don't see that being a good combo.

I was thinking that too (and even cited it in another thread) but if we know one thing LBJ can adjust to anything and if Wade and LBJ learned to play together imagine what CP3 and LBJ could do?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For all the hard hard he talks about in his commercials don't you think he would have learned it if he were capable of it?

I think they should blow it up...or at least trade Blake...Bake would be the perfect seat seller for teams who just want to sell tickets and not pay luxury taxes.

He may also be decent compensation to a team for Bird rights for a Power forward looking to put himself in a good position to win rings...say an LBJ?

With Vinny Del ***** as his coach - No I don't - Most players don't really reach their full potential for atleast five or more years. Griffin is still very young - there is one thing all of you are forgetting. Griffin is still only 24 years old and did not go to college. He was one of the last ones that came straight from high school and yet he is still ahead of most players coming into the league out of college. Give him time and he will improve that much more. You're being too harsh on the young man. It's not always about learning moves and plays, some of it is about maturity(something very few in here if any can relate too)

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This

NADAL2005RG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I play NBA2k games on my xbox360, I play as the Clippers and I try to keep the roster realistic, but I'm always very tempted to trade Griffin, because he has absolutely no impact at the defensive end. Griffin makes it very difficult to win a championship. So I don't mind if the Clippers trade him. No matter how many rebounds he grabs, he is definitely not my kind of player. However, while I can make a nice trade in the 2k game very easily, the real life Clippers should only trade Griffin if they can get a valuable defensive PF in return (preferably with some scoring ability too). I think its doable, because some teams will probably want Griffin just because he's a crowd-pleaser/dunker.

NADAL2005RG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking that too (and even cited it in another thread) but if we know one thing LBJ can adjust to anything and if Wade and LBJ learned to play together imagine what CP3 and LBJ could do?

If LeBron joined the Clippers, I'd never follow the NBA again (until LeBron leaves the Clippers).

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Vinny Del ***** as his coach - No I don't - Most players don't really reach their full potential for atleast five or more years. Griffin is still very young - there is one thing all of you are forgetting. Griffin is still only 24 years old and did not go to college. He was one of the last ones that came straight from high school and yet he is still ahead of most players coming into the league out of college. Give him time and he will improve that much more. You're being too harsh on the young man. It's not always about learning moves and plays, some of it is about maturity(something very few in here if any can relate too)
He played 2yrs at Oklahoma.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If LeBron joined the Clippers, I'd never follow the NBA again (until LeBron leaves the Clippers).

Yea, those ridiculously improved chances of winning would be unbearable. :rollseyes:

NADAL2005RG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron is not a man. He flops proudly and admits it with pleasure. I don't want a girly man playing for my Clippers.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron is not a man. He flops proudly and admits it with pleasure. I don't want a girly man playing for my Clippers.

I understand you want to protect the long tradition of winning and manliness there in LA...by not picking up the best player in the league and challenging the LA team that has that tradition.

I think Sman is masquerading as a Clippers fan now.

NADAL2005RG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ There is nothing worse than cheating. You aren't a winner if you 'win' by cheating. Despite all that athletic ability/coordination, LeBron still doesn't have the courage to play like a man. Nobody will forget that he flops. Its all on tape. People will be talking about it for hundreds of years. He chose not to challenge Jordan's legacy (or Magic's legacy), when he decided to play this way (and also when he bolted Cleveland, after best record in the NBA 2 years in a row).

dwcmwa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ There is nothing worse than cheating. You aren't a winner if you 'win' by cheating. Despite all that athletic ability/coordination, LeBron still doesn't have the courage to play like a man. Nobody will forget that he flops. Its all on tape. People will be talking about it for hundreds of years. He chose not to challenge Jordan's legacy (or Magic's legacy), when he decided to play this way (and also when he bolted Cleveland, after best record in the NBA 2 years in a row).

Yep no doubt about it, Bronze is a yellow bellied coward, who had to join another guy's team.

He's not a true Superstar.