• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cliff Avril and Michael Bennett put the pressure on 49ers

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cliff Avril and Michael Bennett put the pressure on 49ers

Monday metatarsal musings: In his Seahawks’ debut, Cliff Avril had a fumble-forcing sack. Not to be outdone, Michael Bennett added one while on the ground. And that’s exactly why they were signed in free agency.

So that’s why they signed Cliff Avril and Michael Bennett in free agency.

Coach Pete Carroll was determined for the second consecutive offseason to improve the Seahawks’ pass rush. So Avril and Bennett were signed on back-to-back days in mid-March.

Sunday night, during the Seahawks’ nationally televised home opener against the defending NFC Champion San Francisco 49ers at CenturyLink Field, each of the Leo ends put Colin Kaepernick on his back. That’s the 49ers’ elusive – no, slithery – quarterback who was sacked 16 times while attempting 218 passes last season and twice while putting the ball up 39 times in a season-opening victory over a Green Bay Packers team that features Clay Matthews coming off the edge.

The pressure generated by the D-line and linebackers helped the Seahawks’ secondary intercept three of his passes after Kaepernick was intercepted three times all of last season, when he started the final seven games and played in 13.

Avril not only had a fumble-forcing sack, it came in his Seahawks’ debut after he missed the season opener and all of the preseason because of hamstring injury.

“I was fortunate enough that this is my sixth season, so I think I know how to play a little bit,” Avril said with a smile in the locker room after the 29-3 victory. “But they got me out there and I was able to do a few things.”

Rest here--->Cliff Avril and Michael Bennett put the pressure on 49ers

See how these guys are already kicking it out for the Hawks,that "Forced Fumble" was excellent and i am sure many of my fellow 12th man recall how people on that old board were poo pooing the signing's and i recall stating but they will play better with this D,they just couldnt or wouldnt grasp it.

By others i meant other team posters like the Lions posters and of course the Niners posters just laughed,who is laughing now.

STBR 27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved the impact these two guys had and just think, we have two more starters in Clemons and Irvin yet to return!!!

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved the impact these two guys had and just think, we have two more starters in Clemons and Irvin yet to return!!!

I know we will be able to rotate guys in and out to keep em fresh and certain plays,it will be a sight to see that's for sure and to be honest i will have some pity for teams playing us lol.

Like i said some,just a little,very little lol.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bennett brought consistant pressure throughout the game.

I will say it again! Once Clemons and Irvin come back, the thought of sliding Bennett into the middle, and possibly all 3 of Clemons, Avril, and Irvin from the DE / LEO / OLB positions on passing down is getting me excited at the possiblities. It could be one of the best pass rushing line combos EVER in Seattle.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I've heard from the pundits about the Seahawks/9ers game is that the 9ers were missing players and whatnot. It's definitely gonna be a scary defense when everyone is playing.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I've heard from the pundits about the Seahawks/9ers game is that the 9ers were missing players and whatnot. It's definitely gonna be a scary defense when everyone is playing.

I think some of them still dont get it or,,,wow cannot believe i am saying this but we all know how the Niners have a huge fan base not only in Cali but across the Nation,so what i am getting at they do not like to get too negative with certain teams that have such a large viewer number,i know that sound's kinda conspiracy but hey.:noidea:

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think some of them still dont get it or,,,wow cannot believe i am saying this but we all know how the Niners have a huge fan base not only in Cali but across the Nation,so what i am getting at they do not like to get too negative with certain teams that have such a large viewer number,i know that sound's kinda conspiracy but hey.:noidea:

Not conspiracy, just ratings hunting.