• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cleveland @ Texas June 17-20

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I probably do talk about it too much, but you have to admit it is a big storyline of this season. This team is good because of the veterans. The young players (with the exception of gallo) are not doing as well as expected.

Not really, I think most of us don't even care all that much, it only comes up most of the time because you bring it up

I'm all for talking about issues, but you just bring up the same tired arguments over and over and over again, They love Odor and you don't get it, he's Andrus' buddy, punching Bautista, locker room pals, etc...

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really, I think most of us don't even care all that much, it only comes up most of the time because you bring it up

I'm all for talking about issues, but you just bring up the same tired arguments over and over and over again, They love Odor and you don't get it, he's Andrus' buddy, punching Bautista, locker room pals, etc...

Changing the topic

It looks like the rangers will retire Michael young’s Jersey.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to the Umpires Association, Machado receiving 1 game for bumping an official is a "slap in the face"

You know what's shameful, how a lot of these guys do a pretty awful job, **Cough** Angel Hernandez **cough** and then antagonize, goad and flat out start arguments with players and coaches for no reason other than to stoke their egotistical fires, simply for questioning their calls

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Changing the topic

It looks like the rangers will retire Michael young’s Jersey.
I was at the Dirk Nowitski Celebrity Baseball game and Rafael Palmeiro was in it. I wish there was a way to smooth his ending out because he was a really popular player here and a good one. He was my oldest son's favorite player. The guy was still in shape at the event.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the front office doesn’t have the ability to realize and correct their own mistakes. It’s arrogance or hubris for sure.
That may very well be the case. However, I was referring to media members and fans who thought that way. They are sure Odor is going to be okay because the front office signed him to that contract and they keep playing him. Therefore, to many media members and some fans, Odor is going to become an All Star caliber player again any day now, and remain that way for the next 10 years.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was at the Dirk Nowitski Celebrity Baseball game and Rafael Palmeiro was in it. I wish there was a way to smooth his ending out because he was a really popular player here and a good one. He was my oldest son's favorite player. The guy was still in shape at the event.
Amen to that.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to the Umpires Association, Machado receiving 1 game for bumping an official is a "slap in the face"

You know what's shameful, how a lot of these guys do a pretty awful job, **Cough** Angel Hernandez **cough** and then antagonize, goad and flat out start arguments with players and coaches for no reason other than to stoke their egotistical fires, simply for questioning their calls
I wish the next time the umpires go on strike that MLB could just say adios to them and start all over with new umpires.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had Josh Hamilton's HR in Game 6 had stood up as the game winner, would his number be retired?

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Between some guys in the minors either struggling or being hurt, along with the apparent lack of help in terms of prospects added via trade at midseason, the rebuilding process is floundering. We seem to be getting back to being a winning team earlier than thought, but, ironically, a real chance at a WS is being pushed further and further away. An unprecedented activity in free agency with the right free agents seems to be the only thing that can change that trend. As we have seen in the past., failing at free agency can set a franchise back several years.

We really need some prospects to have great second halves.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Between some guys in the minors either struggling or being hurt, along with the apparent lack of help in terms of prospects added via trade at midseason, the rebuilding process is floundering. We seem to be getting back to being a winning team earlier than thought, but, ironically, a real chance at a WS is being pushed further and further away. An unprecedented activity in free agency with the right free agents seems to be the only thing that can change that trend. As we have seen in the past., failing at free agency can set a franchise back several years.

We really need some prospects to have great second halves.

The best way out of this has always been scouting, drafting, and development. If we can’t do that, then we’re screwed.

My mindset is that way too many teams are tanking Astros style this year for tanking to actually be beneficial. I wouldn’t mind seeing us acquire guys in salary dumps and trading for guys while giving up low risk “lottery ticket” prospects at most.

It has been and will continue to be about the draft and development down on the farm. People hoping that we would trade minor, pence, Santana, and forsythe for prospects were acting crazy.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best way out of this has always been scouting, drafting, and development. If we can’t do that, then we’re screwed.

My mindset is that way too many teams are tanking Astros style this year for tanking to actually be beneficial. I wouldn’t mind seeing us acquire guys in salary dumps and trading for guys while giving up low risk “lottery ticket” prospects at most.

It has been and will continue to be about the draft and development down on the farm. People hoping that we would trade minor, pence, Santana, and forsythe for prospects were acting crazy.

So you want to chase fool's gold? Hope that is not what you mean. Pence Choo Cabrera and Forsythe are not in our future. I would keep Minor and Santana. Mazara and Guzman should improve in a couple of years and are in our future imo. My concerns for position players are C 2b 3b.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the one early draft pick that we seemed to make the biggest reach for.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If we would have had anywhere close to the record most of us thought we would have had, then that wouldn't have been crazy at all.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we would have had anywhere close to the record most of us thought we would have had, then that wouldn't have been crazy at all.

You still have to acknowledge what’s happening on the field. Blowing up this team would send the wrong message to the guys in the club house and the rest of the league.

Giving up on a possible playoff team right before you open up a new stadium doesn’t seem like the smartest thing to do when you’re trying to entice a free agent to join your team. We will be looking to sign guys next year.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You still have to acknowledge what’s happening on the field. Blowing up this team would send the wrong message to the guys in the club house and the rest of the league.

Giving up on a possible playoff team right before you open up a new stadium doesn’t seem like the smartest thing to do when you’re trying to entice a free agent to join your team. We will be looking to sign guys next year.
You ignored the most important part of what I said. If this team were 7 games under .500, there wouldn't have been anything wrong with wanting to trade Minor and Choo. That wouldn't be blowing a good team up. That would be trading away pieces of a bad team that wouldn't have been under control when our WS window opens. There wouldn't have been any playoff hopes this year in that case.

As long as we are on the subject though, it seems the Yankees did okay by trading away pieces when they were in contention for a WC spot.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A one and done playoff series means nothing to me any longer. Now, if we have a team on the verge of going to the WS in a year or two and they make the postseason then that is good and well. Those last two series in the 90s and our last two this decade, are the kinds that I can do without.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You ignored the most important part of what I said. If this team were 7 games under .500, there wouldn't have been anything wrong with wanting to trade Minor and Choo. That wouldn't be blowing a good team up. That would be trading away pieces of a bad team that wouldn't have been under control when our WS window opens. There wouldn't have been any playoff hopes this year in that case.

As long as we are on the subject though, it seems the Yankees did okay by trading away pieces when they were in contention for a WC spot.

Different time. Different market.

The Yankees ripped off several teams who were trying to compete, but probably shouldn’t have been.

I just don’t see the rangers getting the kinds of returns for minor, pence, and company that we probably should. The trade deadline screams buyers market this year. The Yankees acquired Edwin Encarnacion for basically nothing.